The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sell mythics with crowns

robertlabrie
robertlabrie
✭✭✭
Farming the waders is terrible. I'll pay crowns. If I meet all the other requirements for the DLC let me skip the grind with crowns. Don't take the grindy path away from people who don't want to spend crowns, just give me an "easy" button. You wanna sell crowns right? This'll sell crowns.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would only encourage zos to make the antiquity grinds worse in order to drive sales. No thanks.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure. Buy your skyshards, buy your lorebooks, buy everything your character might need. Might as well sell perfected trial gear sets in the crown store as well. If anything required work there might be an advantage to people thatve been playing for a long time and done lots of things. It's clearly more fair to give in-game advantages to people with more real life money. Honestly... For 25 dollars a day, I'd be willing to play your character instead of mine. You just keep paying for the things we need and I'll provide you with game clips of how we're doing.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As hilarious as this would be, I highly doubt ZOS would go that far for pretty obvious reasons.

I know that people like to throw shade at the Crown Store, but...

project-runway-oh-come-on.gif
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. Pay for convenience when you’ve already completed it once is one thing, paying to get ahead with no effort is something else.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • robertlabrie
    robertlabrie
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have 10's of hours to grind for this or that or the other thing it makes perfect sense to have a "free" path to these items with gameplay and a paid path for without.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have 10's of hours to grind for this or that or the other thing it makes perfect sense to have a "free" path to these items with gameplay and a paid path for without.

I can see an argument to push for change if the grind is too long. Perhaps request that some leads have less grind attached to them. Instead of instantly proposing the cash option, consider proposing that the overall population could all enjoy a less grindy experience rather than paywall it.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would it be pay to win? No.

Would it be acceptable? Also no.

Change the method of achieving if you're taking issue with the grind. Credit card can stay in the wallet on this one.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes by all means let's convert to straight up pay to win... 🤦🤦🤦🤦
  • robertlabrie
    robertlabrie
    ✭✭✭
    Killed Nomeg Rine 4 times, still no lead for the Sea-Serpants Coil. I'm not enriched for it, I'm not a better player for it, it just ate into my play time. ZOS, if you read these, if you want 15 bucks sell it in the crown store because I don't have time to "grind to win" and I'm getting a lot of hate from the "no pay to win" crowd here.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killed Nomeg Rine 4 times, still no lead for the Sea-Serpants Coil. I'm not enriched for it, I'm not a better player for it, it just ate into my play time. ZOS, if you read these, if you want 15 bucks sell it in the crown store because I don't have time to "grind to win" and I'm getting a lot of hate from the "no pay to win" crowd here.

I'm not seeing any hate. I get that you want a faster route to the goal. I just don't think it's ever a player friendly thing to suggest the answers to grind be found in the pay shop. I'd much rather see that grind reduced overall than have it thrust upon us and expect us to pay to remove it.
    Edited by redspecter23 on November 28, 2022 1:38AM
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then it’s definitely pay-to-win
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look no one loves sitting in shadowfen for 18hrs but mmos by nature are going to be a bit grindy. By all means adjust the drop rate but while we are here why not make arena weapons buyable? That's a heck of a grind I did at least 10 runs in vma to get the inferno staff averaging at an hour to and hour and a half each time. Trial gear? Getting a full set of perfected gear takes forever and I don't have time to run it 40x a week. One weapon drop per run. The second people accept a "buy mythics" option you will open the door to crown exclusive mythics.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax has avoided selling gear directly through the crown store as that would be step towards P2W. I highly doubt they will change course on this.

• cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My lord dont give them any ideas. Your opinion card is hereby revoked friend
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I could never find a Normal Sunspire group for the Dov-Rha Sabatons lead, so I just gave up. It's one Mythic I'll never have.

If I could buy it from the crown store, I would have already.
    PC NA
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ask for them to please reduce the grind or give alternate places to get leads, but by Zenithar DO NOT ENCOURAGE ZOS TO MAKE ESO PAY TO WIN!
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    I could never find a Normal Sunspire group for the Dov-Rha Sabatons lead, so I just gave up. It's one Mythic I'll never have.

Literally you can go to craglorn and get a pug in 20 mins for a normal or join a guild and hop on a training run. If you were talking about a vet trial then yes I would understand, post 35 I rarely see vet pugs. I did my first ss 2 months in on a lark after wandering into craglorn one day. My experience of trials amounted to going into one myself to see what the fuss was about and getting slaughtered. I was lvl 250 something and didn't know my head from my bum and this was my first mmo to boot. It was minimal effort for me to find a group and this was only a year ago now. If you can't find a group start one. There are always people looking. Always.

Y'all seem to be missing the fact that these leads are purposely spread across various content so that more folks will attempt it and branch out as well as revisit older zones. It's highly successful in that sense. Lots of pve folks ventured into IC for leads, pvp folks went into trials and did over world. This is by design. If people could open their wallet and have everything half the population would buy everything and the other half that can't afford to would up and quit in frustration.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on November 29, 2022 5:43AM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Literally you can go to craglorn and get a pug in 20 mins for a normal or join a guild and hop on a training run. If you were talking about a vet trial then yes I would understand, post 35 I rarely see vet pugs. I did my first ss 2 months in on a lark after wandering into craglorn one day. My experience of trials amounted to going into one myself to see what the fuss was about and getting slaughtered. I was lvl 250 something and didn't know my head from my bum and this was my first mmo to boot. It was minimal effort for me to find a group and this was only a year ago now. If you can't find a group start one. There are always people looking. Always.

Y'all seem to be missing the fact that these leads are purposely spread across various content so that more folks will attempt it and branch out as well as revisit older zones. It's highly successful in that sense. Lots of pve folks ventured into IC for leads, pvp folks went into trials and did over world. This is by design. If people could open their wallet and have everything half the population would buy everything and the other half that can't afford to would up and quit in frustration.

Literally, on PC NA I went to Craglorn during prime time and spent an hour a day for approximately 1 week looking for a Normal Sunspire run. Nobody was running the trial. Then, I offered to pay 16m gold for a carry for either Normal or Veteran Sunspire. I even asked some carry discords and none of them were running carries anymore. My last option was to spend time looking for a trial guild and then spend more time waiting for that trial guild to run Normal or Veteran Sunspire. I was not willing to do this just for a Mythic item that I don't plan on using much anyways.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on November 29, 2022 10:42PM
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also tried soloing the frost dragon in Normal Sunspire and the lowest I got him to was ~60% health after about 20 attempts. I could probably solo it if I kept trying but the Mythic just isn't worth it. There's no guarantee it would have dropped on the first kill anyways.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on November 29, 2022 10:38PM
    PC NA
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Literally, on PC NA I went to Craglorn during prime time and spent an hour a day for approximately 1 week looking for a Normal Sunspire run. Nobody was running the trial. Then, I offered to pay 16m gold for a carry for either Normal or Veteran Sunspire. I even asked some carry discords and none of them were running carries anymore. My last option was to spend time looking for a trial guild and then spend more time waiting for that trial guild to run Normal or Veteran Sunspire. I was not willing to do this just for a Mythic item that I don't plan on using much anyways.

Here is a protip: go to craglorn and type in zone chat X for nSS and you will get a full group pretty quickly. I do it all the time, people don't like to chat for some reason but ask them to press X and they will come friend
  • robertlabrie
    robertlabrie
    ✭✭✭
    why not make arena weapons buyable? That's a heck of a grind I did at least 10 runs in vma to get the inferno staff averaging at an hour to and hour and a half each time. Trial gear? Getting a full set of perfected gear takes forever and I don't have time to run it 40x a week. One weapon drop per run. The second people accept a "buy mythics" option you will open the door to crown exclusive mythics.

Running VMA requires skill, harvesting water in Shadowfen doesn't. It's just a stupid grind. You vet dungeon runners got your payday with smart RNG.
  • robertlabrie
    robertlabrie
    ✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    Ask for them to please reduce the grind or give alternate places to get leads, but by Zenithar DO NOT ENCOURAGE ZOS TO MAKE ESO PAY TO WIN!

Show me where I asked them to remove the free gameplay based way to get these items?
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »

Show me where I asked them to remove the free gameplay based way to get these items?

He didn't but you are suggesting adding a shortcut to power in this game by the swipe of your credit card hence pay to win.

What's next perfected trial sets in the crown store because I can't be bothered to farm vet trials?
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why not make arena weapons buyable? That's a heck of a grind I did at least 10 runs in vma to get the inferno staff averaging at an hour to and hour and a half each time. Trial gear? Getting a full set of perfected gear takes forever and I don't have time to run it 40x a week. One weapon drop per run. The second people accept a "buy mythics" option you will open the door to crown exclusive mythics.

Running VMA requires skill, harvesting water in Shadowfen doesn't. It's just a stupid grind. You vet dungeon runners got your payday with smart RNG.

Bruh this was in response to someone saying they don't want to run sunspire for gear lol you "vet dungeon runners" I didn't know you had to be sweaty to run FG2 or halls of madness. I actually haven't even completed all vet dungeons and no hms. You "casual blah blah insert assumption about player style for no reason need to get it together".vma requires YouTube, a bit of time, and a basic understanding of mechanics.

Start your own freaking group. You will get people in 20 mins. This is a joke man. Ps/na has been way dead compared to pc/na and I'm still seeing this trial pop every single time I'm in craglorn.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on December 1, 2022 11:30AM
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I'm sorry but there is no way you spent an hour a week during pt in Craig offering 16m for a normal carry and no one took you up.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on December 1, 2022 11:40AM
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next step? Pay crowns to rent a NPC to play the game for you? :D

cmon.....
    PC-EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farming the waders is terrible. I'll pay crowns. If I meet all the other requirements for the DLC let me skip the grind with crowns. Don't take the grindy path away from people who don't want to spend crowns, just give me an "easy" button. You wanna sell crowns right? This'll sell crowns.

Somewhere inside of ZOS, a marketing/e-commerce person is clipping this for their end-of-year employee evaluation. :smile: ( <--- Edit... of course, this isn't happening in real life... )

More seriously, they created the environment where the grind exists to get these things. The whole thing is by design. Bypassing with cash something that was designed to be grindy like that is ... well ... bad. I consider it unethical, but I am sure a lot of game studios and publishers would disagree.

The answer to the problem is not to bypass with a purchase, but to reduce the grind to something that is less grindy.
    Edited by Elsonso on December 1, 2022 12:21PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Somewhere inside of ZOS, a marketing/e-commerce person is clipping this for their end-of-year employee evaluation. :smile: ( <--- Edit... of course, this isn't happening in real life... )

More seriously, they created the environment where the grind exists to get these things. The whole thing is by design. Bypassing with cash something that was designed to be grindy like that is ... well ... bad. I consider it unethical, but I am sure a lot of game studios and publishers would disagree.

The answer to the problem is not to bypass with a purchase, but to reduce the grind to something that is less grindy.

They have also more recently given a few avenues for getting a single lead. That wouldn't be a bad idea to make more ubiquitous and it would help with the unstable markets for maps or the camping at shadowfen water nodes and mirkmire safeboxes ect.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And I'm sorry but there is no way you spent an hour a week during pt in Craig offering 16m for a normal carry and no one took you up.

This was back in September during U35 and nobody was running trials. Maybe there's more now.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on December 1, 2022 5:09PM
    PC NA