The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is your favorite view?

derkaiserliche
derkaiserliche
✭✭✭✭
To me the view from a balcony/yard/patio is nearly more important than the house itself. Which view would you vote for and why?

What is your favorite view? 56 votes

Cyrodilic Jungle House
3%
Zypheranderkaiserliche 2 votes
Ravenhurst
0%
Alinor Crest Townhouse
5%
AjaxandrielspartaxoxoAraneae6537 3 votes
Tel Galen
3%
VehlirHlaaluna 2 votes
Hunding's Palatial Hall
14%
HrogunDojohodameekmikohiziumCanperial35seecodenotgamesEmilyElizabethESODivineKitty 8 votes
Sweetwater Cascades
17%
laurajfTruthSeekerAshrynNotaDaedraWorshipperSupreme_AtromancerKitziboobridgetroseSkaraMinocNoticeMeArkayLunaFlora 10 votes
Stone Eagle Aerie
7%
RedBranchKMarbleTercesMascen 4 votes
Sleek Creek House
7%
SylvisDiebesgutprincesspurpleblobNeuroticPixels 4 votes
Pariah's Pinnacle
7%
QuietPanda_22bayushi2005Nord_Raserievymyu233 4 votes
Other (please name)
33%
dcam86b14_ESOSurragardLivvyAvalonRangerRaddlemanNumber7TheImperfectMolydeusSilverIce58KadzraJaimehFeendishMageCatF4FSmokyLugalduNiligaKirawolfeTaSheenalternatelderamig186 19 votes
  • Feendish
    Feendish
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please name)
    Other: The waterfalls at Hunter's Glade
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would vote for Stone Eagle Aerie but the mountains in the distance are so low rez they look terrible now.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please name)
    Quondam Indorilia view of Mournhold
    2DdpgDy.jpg
    Good enough to be a book cover.
    PC EU
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please name)
    Ald Velothi Harbour House although Sweetwater and Sleek Creek lovely also and Ossa Accentium
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please name)
    My new favorite view is from the house I built on the grounds of the Exorcised Coven Cottage:
    pyt9urrwpb78.jpg
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please name)
    View from the deck of the larger airship I built at Hunters Glade.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweetwater Cascades
    Hard to argue with Sweetwater Cascades- you can get a taste of two different provinces, very cool.

I'd WOULD go with Stone Eagle Aerie: its really cool, but yeah- as someone else mentioned, the mountains look a bit off, and I don't feel like they match the actual landscape. Which is a shame.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please name)
    While I do love the view from Pariah's Pinnacle, My Lakemire Xanmeer is my favorite house by far. Especially when its dark and raining in the zone. The ambient music and the view from being outside the top of the xanmeer really moistens the scales.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stone Eagle Aerie
    Said stone eagle but yeah the mountains are bad.

Oddly enough the patio at Proudspire has a great cliffside view of the Sea of Ghosts.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please name)
    "Mistveil manor"

Watching dawn view of Riften town from balcony with my decorated yard is the best for me.
    9SWLN3eK_o.png
    Edited by AvalonRanger on November 27, 2022 2:44AM
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    Sleek Creek House
    I love the view from Sleek Creek

XjCBKsK.jpg
    Hall of Colossus - Alinor in Elsweyr | Alinor Crest Townhouse - Alinor Noble Estate | Colossal Aldmeri Grotto - Alinor Scenic Estate | Sleek Creek House - Khajiiti Paradise | Bouldertree Refuge - Flora Estate | Autumn's Gate - Sweet Autumn Lodge | Domus Phrasticus - Breton Country House | Exorcised Coven Cottage - Forest Cottage | Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery - The Starry Sky Inn | Mathiisen Manor - Mathiisen Wedding Hall | Humblemud - Torchic Barn Party House | Other inn rooms / apartments / homes
  • Kadzra
    Kadzra
    ✭✭
    Other (please name)
    I really like the view of lucky cats landing with the beach and the sea. The house itself is so unusable that you can ignore it without regret and build something you like with big windows to the beach 😁
  • Kadzra
    Kadzra
    ✭✭
    Other (please name)
    gik9dxs6sfot.png
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodilic Jungle House
    Kadzra wrote: »
    I really like the view of lucky cats landing with the beach and the sea. The house itself is so unusable that you can ignore it without regret and build something you like with big windows to the beach 😁

Yea i actually loved that view too.

Its funny to see that so many houses are mentioned in this topic - i am just surprised noone liked the view of the cyrodiil jungle house so much like i do haha
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please name)
    I say the Psijic home view
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please name)
    Although I don’t use it as my primary house, I still think the Psijic Grand Manor is the best view.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please name)
    Highhallow Hold I think, for me.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please name)
    Orbservatory Prior is my favourite and main house, but I have to agree with a comment above about the Psijic Villa, it has one of the most beautiful views.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alinor Crest Townhouse
    I love the view from the Alinor Crest Townhouse balcony at sunrise. :relaxed:

There are several homes I would appreciate the views from more if there were some NPCs to give life to the surrounding region (Water’s Edge for example) or more trees and/or other vegetation in the surrounding region (Sleek Creek and the Exorcised Coven Cottage for example). Of course you can decorate beyond the boundaries of your home to create this yourself, if you don’t mind using the furnishing slots. One of the things I like most about Doomchar Plateau is the daedra roaming about, makes the place feel more alive, although I wouldn’t call the place scenic exactly. :sweat_smile:

Ald Velothi is quite nice and seeing Tel Galen on the list reminds me I should step outside my wizard’s tower more! :lol:

I also enjoy very self-contained homes that let me create an atmosphere undisrupted by what’s outside, especially the Gornir home, where the ambient wildlife sounds are very conducive to a beautiful forest. :relaxed: Moonsugar Meadow is also lovely and relaxing. I only wish we had more raked sand furnishings, including waves and arcs, not just circles, so I could better make a Zen style garden.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hunding's Palatial Hall
    Hundings has great views all around the site and balconies built in.

That said, many of the homes have outstanding views. I've had some fun with some of them. At my Psijic Villa I built a modest cantilever log cabin up at the top of the waterfall that is next to the Villa. You must walk a precarious pathway to the top. The cabin is at the top along with an outside area which features a throne and a plank. You can sit in the throne and enjoy the view. When you are done you can change yourself into a monkey and jump off the plank into the water below.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweetwater Cascades
    Apparently so have I picked Sweetwater here, but I like a lot of views and in truth it's hard pick one. Sweetwater Cascades is just larger and easier to see without bothersome walls.

But I don't think there is a house view I don't like. Looking at the lowest voted ones in the poll. Cyrodilic Jungle House? Get over the wall or look through the grate and the surrounding forest and trading post is atmospheric. Pariah's Pinnacle is lovely with its snowy mountains and winds. Ravenhurst? Charming countryside etc.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please name)
    As others have said, the view toward Artaeum from the Psijic Villa is outstanding, though I also like Sweetwater Cascades and Water's Edge.

Being in large part a hermit IRL as well as in game, I really don't need to see people from my balconies....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Saint-Ange
    Saint-Ange
    ✭✭✭
    very interesting topic, just shame the views that are talked about are not illustrated here.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please name)
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Hundings has great views all around the site and balconies built in.

You can also make a staircase/ramp and climb to the top of the building, and you can build a terrace above the side of the entrance, and it has a wonderful view of Stros M'kai, port, and sea.

zhshnxsre5y4.png
    v371brzc1i1g.png
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alinor Crest Townhouse
    TaSheen wrote: »
    As others have said, the view toward Artaeum from the Psijic Villa is outstanding, though I also like Sweetwater Cascades and Water's Edge.

Being in large part a hermit IRL as well as in game, I really don't need to see people from my balconies....

Personally, I agree for most homes, but in the middle of the city, like Water’s Edge, it feels to me like something is missing to look out and not see any life in the surrounding city.

But I love Gornir Estate precisely because it was about perfect for me to make my isolated glen nestled among the trees away from the rest of the world.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please name)
    I'm a big fan of Pantherfang Chapel's view of Nibenay. Yes, I know the small amount we can see looks like any other temperate zone, but just knowing I'm staring at the Nibenay Valley really gets me going.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cyrodilic Jungle House
    Cyrodylic Jungle House was my very first home when housing came out. I built up so I could have that view down onto the village. It just feels like an oasis
    g7gqebkq802z.jpg
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • AndreNoir
    AndreNoir
    ✭✭✭
    I like a view of Abah's Landing bay from palace walls
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Colossal Aldmeri Grotto's view, from either the boat or especially up top looking down and out at the boat and beyond.

u99mz74947t81.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=c86f0131d2946c842b6b35cf9e2991f0f0593481

maxresdefault.jpg
    Edited by Holycannoli on January 11, 2023 4:58PM
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please name)
    Does the view of hell from Doomchar Plateau count?
    PC EU