The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How is the ESO pvp doing?

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyro PvP imho is in its worst it has ever been and it seems like (somehow) it is still going down-hill.

1. The game is laggy to the point that it is not just down to skills that sometimes are not fireing, but you also get server kicked on regular bases (even if you are at your home base chilling arround).
    2. The "large battles" have lost its meaning due to population limits. It is either one big fight somewhere on the map (1 at the time) that turns into one big lag cluster or it is just a bunch small scale resource troll tanks. There is nothing in between.
    3. Ball groups are the most prominent they have ever been. Unstoppable, unbalanced and without any clear & valid counter-play. It has never been this bad and players used to have at least some options to fight vs them.
    4. People don't care about objectives or points... because why would they ? It is irrelevant when the game works as it does and balance has already left the game. Something like this can not be treated seriously, so for the most part, from the lack of better term, Cyro feels more like a PvP sandbox rather than a PvP Campaign.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 22, 2022 2:27PM
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up on building for solo 1vx years ago. Everyone zergs now. Understandably.

Even ur "solo 1vX ZOMG master class youtubers" never see them actually solo.

Back in the day they used to run defense sets...now it's all straight glass canon clutching on class heals...so the damage put out by these meta builds are like nothing we've ever seen before. They also run in packs no less than three...

Which is why outside of a zerg you only see wardens and DKs and maybe a templar heal tank...oh and the most soloable class, nightblades

Anyway I gave up on it. Impossible to fond a good 1vX situation and I hate trying to setup a small man group, so I'm now full glass canon magplar clutching on oakensoul and mistform with only honor the dead to heal. Impractical as hell but it's fun blasting healthbars in two seconds

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My take: The performance issues are the same as ever and it is sometimes hard to deal with. Depending on where you play it may be better or worse... My observation from Xbox NA Blackreach and BGs is that honestly the game is still playable and a lot of fun.

Class balance is... Decent. DKs NBs and Wardens are the cream of the crop-- but hey, that's half, so that's not terrible. In high mmr bgs I see sorcs templars and necros as well and they do okay. The toughest person to duel against who frequents my dueling spot happens to be a stamsorc so... Go figure.

I find the occasional X... Which requires luck in who you come across, but since I don't spend a whole lot of time in cyrodiil (like half an hour a night,) and I don't specifically go looking for X opportunities so much as just try to find action and make AP... I think 1 or 2 clips a week means it's still "a thing." There are plenty of players better than me.
  • amonengelb16_ESO
    amonengelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    PvP in Cyrodiil is not worth it a second. The way how it plays and looks is degenerated. Especially if you look how "ballgroups" and "tower monkeys" run around. And hey, if they loose, they will switch factions to cry in your zone chat.

Right now, even WoW-PvP requires more skill. Look up for the most dumb sitcom and it will be worth more of the time.
    A chalice. Bound to be filled with your tears of salt.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like whenever Im in group with my friends in Cyrodiil and someone says "Im having a good time" we are not really doing anything but sitting around shooting the crap.

• BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    The PvP is in a horendious state. Do yourself a favor and avoid the mess and stress
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    True pvp is in Imperial city
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Prime time PC EU Cyrodiil has absolute garbage performance today. The lag is atrocious with skills not firing or only landing several seconds after they are executed. Of course we won't hear a peep about it from ZOS during their next announcement about content changes and fixes.
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP in this game is bad now. Just bad.
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP in this game is bad now. Just bad.

Sure is. I'm logging in to grind out PvE things lately, hoard transmutes and farm fancy leads, lol. PvP is just so atrocious right now and I have no idea if there'll ever be any kind of fix for it anymore