The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is it possible to craft the light armor jerkins instead of robes?

• Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    yes, more variations in style, skirts and kilts too would be nice also for medium armor.
    I don't think a short robe would work well as it hides the leg armor anyway.
    But an shirt and various bottoms would solve this.

I got an item named "kilt of fractured minds" but it was usual pants.

Early crafted bosmer robe is short but I cant remember if I can see her pants or not. Her boots go almost up to her knees.
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen several racial light jerkins drop, so the graphics are already in game. They would just need to add a second light top into the crafters light armor repertoire.

Definitely not a lore break. The light jerkins are just the top portion of the robes and nothing different. Or the ability to right click "wear top/jerkin only", or /hide robe much like hide helm works, would be even better mechanics.

Hide helm
    Show Blouse/Jerkin, or Show Robe
    Edited by LadyChaos on April 6, 2014 11:00PM
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
  • 99LukeKBub17_ESO
    Well, i have an argonian light jerkin that i've been working on upgrading as i level up.I plan on doing this with another one, and once they've got a pretty decent AR I plan on selling one of them for an extremely high price as there are no craft-able light jerkins, and the only ones you can purchase is a level 5 one (for argonians at least). So for someone that would want a good argonian jerkin, the demand would be high, and there would be no real supply. CHA-CHING!
    Edited by 99LukeKBub17_ESO on April 7, 2014 1:10PM
  • Nadijeh
    Nadijeh
    ✭✭✭
    Still WTB this. :'(
  • Joru_TheDamager
    Joru_TheDamager
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! I'm all for being able to craft shirts. You have my vote.
  • Nadijeh
    Nadijeh
    ✭✭✭
    Yay, maybe if we get enough people they will make it so we can.
  • Narosian
    Narosian
    ✭✭
    would love to be able to craft cloth shirts and jerkins.
  • Obreck2b14_ESO
    Yeah, /signed
    2h weapons impossibly large to wield? Sure! Tight, creaky leather that inexplicably improves your stealthiness? Absolutely! Absurd, liability prone plate designs? So long as they're concealing and no molded chest then A-ok! Skimpy armor? THAT'S UNREALISTIC! <_<
  • Alantin
    Alantin
    I would love this as well. Perhaps the ability to keep on crafting the low lvl bosmer light armor as well, I really like the knee-short robes, looks very "crusaderish"!
  • Nadijeh
    Nadijeh
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, that would be a good idea...To be able to keep the look of one "tier" of armor on your new ones. Because I've found that there are a couple high tiers that have atrocious coloring. They look muddy, torn up and dirty so far (I'm VR2, I'm sure it gets better again) but I honestly liked the dark, cleaner look before I hit VR ranks and as I'm a very visually driven player, I really think its important to look the way I want to look as it makes it a much nicer experience for me to get that out of the way right off the bat.
    Edited by Nadijeh on April 25, 2014 8:16PM
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see armor over robes, or even just robe bottoms or a long tabard graphic.

I find most of the jerkins pretty fugly, but it would be nice to have more options, even if I don't like them aesthetically.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Sachsen
    Sachsen
    /signed
    I will be so happy if developers allow to craft jerkins!
  • DrThaylan
    DrThaylan
    Soul Shriven
    I wholeheartedly agree and I know many of my mates in game think the same way.

It would be very very welcome indeed to allow a jerkin/vest aesthetic variant to be available as an option for each crafting style. People who like robes can still make them, people who prefer vests are happy also.

I myself have never liked my avatar running about in a robe, much prefer a vest option… all these lovely art assets on the armour styles and I find myself wearing a fairly plain costume all the time and I miss out on all the eye candy and progression aesthetics because I can’t bring myself run about in a robe.

Definite tag from me and I am sure many others who do not often frequent the game foums, please consider this for an upcoming patch.

With many thanks in advance :]
    Edited by DrThaylan on May 1, 2014 12:34AM
  • Locutus852
    Locutus852
    Soul Shriven
    /signed.

personally i hate robes and i prefer a jacket/jerkin look. if i craft set pieces i leave the jacket part til i find a jerkin and have that without a trait.

So please add a jerkin/vest craftable option please
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't have to 'break lore'. I think people are just calling them jerkins because they remind them of the medium armor chest pieces. You could easily call them 'tunics' and it would fit perfectly. In fact that's what I called them when I asked for them in /feedback. I like wearing a good robe now and again. But I would very much like the choice to wear a tunic if I feel like it. What's the point of having light armor pants if you never see them? They already have them in the game. I see NPCs sporting them and I have received one or two as a random drop. But I would like to see it as a choice in crafting. I don't always wear dropped armor and when I do, it's for the stats/ unique set bonus not for its appearance. When I wear crafted armor, I get to pick the appearance. And I would like that appearance to have the option for tunics.
  • Rarzy
    Rarzy
    I absolutely agree. I really want a jerkin in barbarian style. I crafted the barbarian robes and love the look of the top, would be perfect if I could remove the "robe" part.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nudel wrote: »
    It doesn't have to 'break lore'. I think people are just calling them jerkins because they remind them of the medium armor chest pieces. You could easily call them 'tunics' and it would fit perfectly.
    Actually, the few that you find in drops are called jerkins, so that's probably why people are calling them that. Also, there's really nothing at all wrong with calling them jerkins, as jerkins weren't exclusively leather or other sturdier materials. They were usually leather, but not always.

For myself, I don't really like the robe look (mostly because then you can't see the pants), so my main sorcerer wears all light armour except for a medium armour jerkin.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Nadijeh
    Nadijeh
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care what they're called, I don't want to wear a robe LOL. If anything, cloth based attire should be a little bit broader in style/variety than other forms of attire if we want to be truly realistic. I prefer having control over the look of my character, and while I know I can 'always just' wear heavy armour, or medium armour, I rolled a sorcerer because I wanted to be full, or mostly full cloth caster of epic proportions....And not so predictable and stereotypical looking with wizard robes. A lot of the jerkin versions look fantastic. The art is in the game, it's just a matter of working it into the crafting. More fashion for everyone!
  • Filodendron
    Filodendron
    ✭✭
    I was looking for some cloth tunic aswell but didn't find any, guess it doesn't exist but at veteran ranks you get some costumes as reward which look pretty good even so you can be caster without a robe; good enough for me.
  • Choalith
    Choalith
    I just looted a Vet Rank 6 Light Armor Jerkin in Grahtwood, so I don't think there's a level limit on these things. It was Khajiit style, but I converted it to Imperial Style. I'd love to keep wearing it, but it's worthless next to the purple cloth set robes I make for myself. Painful, too, I really would love to make these kinds of Tunics.
  • Nadijeh
    Nadijeh
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that happens to me all the time lol
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see many female Sorcs wearing these .. guess because it shows their assets to better effect than a robe. :p
  • Curwen
    Curwen
    Soul Shriven
    I really hope they consider this. Always running around in a robe/dress is a little strange and not very practicable compared to a jerkin/shirt.
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree, not all the sorcs/light armor wearers want to wear robes all the time. need some varieties here!
    #teamEmeric
  • OFC_it
    OFC_it
    ✭✭
    Well I wan't a bathrobe to wear around while I smite evil and such.
    Amen!
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree.

/petitionSigned
  • laislyn
    laislyn
    /signed

We want jerkins! We want jerkins!
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /agree
  • dc1509
    dc1509
    ✭✭
    I couldn't resist

Please ignore the WoW part and focus on the song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z29Rk8814w

truth is born in disputes
  • mndfreeze
    mndfreeze
    ✭✭✭
    That totally reminded me of how horrible WOW really looks now a days, thanks. I love my ESO.

I also agree we need more craftable options/styles and I think they will eventually get around to it, but this isnt exactly a high priority 'launch needed' issue so expect it to happen after most big issues resolve and they start working more on content then bug fixing.