The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Give Werewolves Minor Resolve

Yarcanine
Yarcanine
✭✭✭
Now that vigor gives the buff, WW is the only spec with no easy access to minor Resolve.

Even running heavy armor I find that my WW has lower resists than my medium and light armor non WW specs. This small buff would still be significantly weaker than WW's original 10k unique armor passive which was nerfed due to overperforming proc sets imo. These days WW has nothing special in its defensive toolkit, not even its once powerful heal stands out in this current healing meta.
Edited by Yarcanine on November 3, 2022 10:43PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not even a Werewolf and I agree with this.
    PC NA
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yarcanine wrote: »
    Now that vigor gives the buff, WW is the only spec with no easy access to minor Resolve.

Even Running heavy armor I find that my WW has lower resists than my medium and light armor non WW specs. This small buff would still be significantly weaker than WW's original 10k unique armor passive which was nerfed due to overperforming sets imo. These days WW has nothing special in its defense, not even its once powerful heal stands out in this current healing meta.

Excellent idea. Its time werewolf was brought up to par with other classes and maybe a little extra to help give us some identity.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems quite reasonable.

Minor Resolve gives 2974 Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance. 3K non-unique armour buff would not make WW over-powereded all of the sudden. In fact I think that it would not change much and WW would still underperform, so it would not harm anyone I guess.
  • QuintusVaLari
    QuintusVaLari
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely agree.
    Also our lack of any amount of CC immune skills makes us basically useless in the world of icestaff wardens. If we can't get an immovable skill, at least make us durable enough to tank a little before we die, haha.
    Edited by QuintusVaLari on November 3, 2022 9:59PM
    QuintusVa'Lari
    Former Emperor Sorc Werewolf
    Legendary Squirrel Chaser
    Bringer of Baps

Quintessential Gaming YouTube
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, this would be a nice change
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yarcanine wrote: »

Even running heavy armor I find that my WW has lower resists than my medium and light armor non WW specs. This small buff would still be significantly weaker than WW's original 10k unique armor passive which was nerfed due to overperforming proc sets imo. These days WW has nothing special in its defensive toolkit, not even its once powerful heal stands out in this current healing meta.

100%, I've been pointing out this oversight since Resolving Vigor was changed from Major to Minor Resolve. We should get this base line or attach it to our heal if they want to keep it as an actively maintained ability.
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I support this idea; but I'd like to propose a trade of removing the little doggies from Pack Leader. They make no sense and are super annoying in PvP.
  • Yarcanine
    Yarcanine
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I support this idea; but I'd like to propose a trade of removing the little doggies from Pack Leader. They make no sense and are super annoying in PvP.

They provide anywhere from 5-10% of packleaders damage and have a nice 40% snare. So they would have to incorporate that into some other skill on WW. Overall WW is not in a great spot and can't afford any nerfs right now.
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having access to Minor Resolve in werewolf form would certainly be a welcome change for me. Maybe it should be attached to Hircine's Fortitude, the same way players get Minor Resolve from Resolving Vigor? That would make the tradeoff between the morphs of Hircine's Bounty be more clearly defined, with Hircine's Rage being the offensive option and Hircine's Fortitude being the defensive option.
    Edited by Erickson9610 on November 6, 2022 5:30PM
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having access to Minor Resolve in werewolf form would certainly be a welcome change for me. Maybe it should be attached to Hircine's Fortitude, the same way players get Minor Resolve from Resolving Vigor? That would make the tradeoff between the morphs of Hircine's Bounty be more clearly defined, with Hircine's Rage being the offensive option and Hircine's Fortitude being the defensive option.

While we're at it, can we get major berserk on every cast of Rage? The morph is pretty useless in a pvp environment where you're basically never at full health to proc it.
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're at it, can we get major berserk on every cast of Rage? The morph is pretty useless in a pvp environment where you're basically never at full health to proc it.

Hircine's Rage is essentially only ever useful as a dummy parsing ability, as player werewolves are hardly ever at 100% health in PvE environments, either. Having Hircine's Fortitude grant Minor Resolve and Hircine's Rage grant Major Berserk on cast would be a massive quality of life update. I figure the same would be true even if the health threshold was lowered from 100% to somewhere around 75%.
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
  • Yarcanine
    Yarcanine
    ✭✭✭

I get decent uptime on major berserk by running maras balm to clear the dots that usually prevent us from casting it at max HP. But yeah it should be on every cast, especially since it has a fairly annoying debuff attached to it causing us to take 5% extra damage for some reason. Can't think of another skill that debuffs you like that
    Edited by Yarcanine on November 7, 2022 6:32PM
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well nerfing the whopping 25% poison damage BONUS that WW takes would be nice. Hircine's rage seeing a boost in usefulness would be nice, like adding the MUCH NEEDED ability to purge negative affects when in WW form.
  • atl8691
    atl8691
    Yes, need minor resolve.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, why not! Non-unique so can't stack with itself and would bring the armor up a little bit closer to what they used to have back when it was unique. (10k for those who don't remember)
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • ofcourse81
    ofcourse81
    Soul Shriven
    it would be nice to have minor resolve again and makes sense. ww has only been nerfed for the past few years and some of those nerfs have been based on gear that worked well for us not us specifically.
  • Silversmith
    Silversmith
    ✭✭✭
    Why give an already tanky and agile class with a powerful self heal more tank?
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Werewolf is neither tanky nor agile these days. It routinely gets outmaneuvered by anyone with a basic snare and major expedition and literally everyone has more damage mitigation available to them now.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Compared to what?
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giving this a bump so it doesn't end up in the bin of obscurity, as anything werewolf is wont to do with this game. We need minor resolve, we're the only playstyle in the game without easy access to it save a single set that's half-wasted and doesn't offer a possibility for 100% up time