The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What are your feelings on multi-rider mounts?

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not compelling for me at all (I assume they are for 2 human players, not myself and my companion) since I almost exclusively play solo in the world.

@FlopsyPrince

They are for companions too. I don't know if the functionality is enabled yet as I don't own one. But, I remember seeing a setting for it.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 6, 2022 9:50AM
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe multi-rider mounts were implemented neither well or bad. (Neutral opinion)
    I've never used one, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone else use one either, so... *shrug*
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe multi-rider mounts were implemented neither well or bad. (Neutral opinion)
    I just don't care. Won't be using it. Also, I haven't seen one ingame yet.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe multi-rider mounts were implemented in a poor way, but some features are ok.
    I'm indifferent, but I voted the way I did bcuz many things I've seen with them look\feel rushed.
    IDK if they in fact were rushed, but they don't really look like they took the time to refine them and put nice finishing touches.

Personal perfs for me, I'd never use them, the sizing looks weird and I prefer having my own mount tyvm :)

If they ever implement a medium sized flying dragon, griffin, etc ok NOW you'll have my attention :D
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizzylu wrote: »
    WoW did it right, they just used a larger creature for the multi person mount that made sense, and that could like, 'realistically' handle the weight of more people. Nothing saying a mammoth or something couldn't've been used instead, or, again, as others have mentioned, perhaps a carriage or something similar.

Yeah, WoW definitely has a better selection for multi-rider mounts.... but that games setting, lore, and etc allows for so much more diversity. In ESO we have what? Things like horses, lizard/frog things, bears, big cats, and some mechanical spider? Now they try to get a little more diverse, but even then a lot of them just look like reskinned versions of other mounts (like the heavy weights). ESO will never be able to get on the level of WoW having two seater rockets or even mounts where you turn into the mount haha a carriage or something would have been neat though. Only other game I know that has done carriage like mounts (they are only one seaters, but still) is Albion Online.

FFXIV also has a carriage mount you can buy.
    It's a Chocobo pulling a cart behind it and it sits 4 people if I remember right. One sits with the reigns up front and the other three sit in the cart in the back.

Edited to add: But FFXIV also has several different multi rider mounts, like ones that seat anywhere from 2 — 12 people.
    Edited by meekmiko on November 6, 2022 1:28PM
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Not compelling for me at all (I assume they are for 2 human players, not myself and my companion) since I almost exclusively play solo in the world.

@FlopsyPrince

They are for companions too. I don't know if the functionality is enabled yet as I don't own one. But, I remember seeing a setting for it.

The companion will mount now. If youre playing with a friend you have to turn it off, otherwise the companion will mount automatically and your friend will need to kick them off.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have no doubt that with suitably padded under garments and excellent suspension - they'd still be incredibly silly.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A war elephant with a howdah or a zombie-powered palanquin would be a different matter, though.

The latter especially for the discerning necromancer.
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    fizzylu wrote: »
    WoW did it right, they just used a larger creature for the multi person mount that made sense, and that could like, 'realistically' handle the weight of more people. Nothing saying a mammoth or something couldn't've been used instead, or, again, as others have mentioned, perhaps a carriage or something similar.

Yeah, WoW definitely has a better selection for multi-rider mounts.... but that games setting, lore, and etc allows for so much more diversity. In ESO we have what? Things like horses, lizard/frog things, bears, big cats, and some mechanical spider? Now they try to get a little more diverse, but even then a lot of them just look like reskinned versions of other mounts (like the heavy weights). ESO will never be able to get on the level of WoW having two seater rockets or even mounts where you turn into the mount haha a carriage or something would have been neat though. Only other game I know that has done carriage like mounts (they are only one seaters, but still) is Albion Online.

They could have used a mammoth, ESO, i mean. Or even a two seater camel, those are a thing in real life, too.

If they had been bent on using another horse, as they did, they could have just had an animation that sat the person behind someone that was already mounted. Meaning, people could buy a '2 seater option' that unlocks their mount for being used by two players. No need for a second saddle or anything fancy, just the second person placed in a seated position, with their hands maybe held forward around the front person's waist or something.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe multi-rider mounts were implemented badly, and missed the mark entirely.
    There not common because they picked the lamest looking mount possible. Looks like a free starter mount who wants to spend crowns on something you would get 8 years ago for free lol.
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe multi-rider mounts were implemented badly, and missed the mark entirely.
    I wanted to see my companion or company rider saddled right up behind me with thier arms either around me or on my hips/waist. Not in some wierd Bumper-car fairground double saddle affair. It would be nicer to have them ride AGAINST you instead of WITH you.
    It just ooks wierd like the horse is an androind or something and you can get a 12 seater version. Its just odd.

Has it not been done in a kind of "sexy" fasion because (GASP!) it may appear visually arousing?
    "All young girls think they are Princesses. Life teaches that we have to also be warriors."
    Menelaus, king of Sparta and his wife, Helen of Troy.
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    ...// Could do with more options for 3-12 passengers, though.//...

:D:D:D Yeah, like have two catches to extend the hoses mid body by 19 feet with 2 extra legs every 3rds section.

"All young girls think they are Princesses. Life teaches that we have to also be warriors."
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have not seen one in game. Previewed in Crown Store, looking like the Bay Dun Horse, which I own and use on one of my alts. Not sure that I will ever get one, since I have around three dozen mounts now, but if other folks like them, great!
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    It just should be more sexy like the passenger holds the waist of the main rider or something on ONE sddle or even bareback.

Or puts hands on waist or SOMETHING but NOT a fairground dodgem bumper car saddle.

uh1kpcfvemzh.jpg

Sexy...

mtyzncwrmzim.png

A bit embarrassing.
    Edited by Princess_Kassiopeia on November 15, 2022 3:19PM
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any multi-rider mounts yet, are they obtainable in game? I need an "I don't know" option until then.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't even aware they had been put in the game.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe multi-rider mounts were implemented in a poor way, but some features are ok.
    They could have used a mammoth, ESO, i mean. Or even a two seater camel, those are a thing in real life, too.

If they had been bent on using another horse, as they did, they could have just had an animation that sat the person behind someone that was already mounted. Meaning, people could buy a '2 seater option' that unlocks their mount for being used by two players. No need for a second saddle or anything fancy, just the second person placed in a seated position, with their hands maybe held forward around the front person's waist or something.

Yeah, they could've haha but my thought process on this was that there was no way ZOS would have taken the time, effort, and money to create a whole new mount type that we currently don't have (again, other than simple reskinned things like the heavyweights). Instead we got the ridiculous two seater saddle which look just as goofy irl and some janky, beyond uncomfortable looking dwarven spider situation. I definitely agree that it would have been better if they simply had the second player get on the back and hold on for the horse.
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont know if IM allowed I just saw this post but I had a few ideas on Multirider mounts. I made a post for a Seven Rider Mount....
    But these are sweet eye-candy.

How Co-riding SHOULD look and have been.
    (Except for the missing shadow.) Yeah, I know, I know.It was late. But then she IS magickal.
    9ah0lkxf8kg1.jpg

Donkey wants a rider too. He feels left out.
    tgi0a2ar4587.jpg

• TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't tried one as yet. I think a lot of people are probably waiting for interesting variations of them rather than getting the first one.

• SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone mentioned a two person stick mount, but this one would much prefer this:

vwr5wf0pn90x.jpeg
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:D:D:D Yeah, like have two catches to extend the hoses mid body by 19 feet with 2 extra legs every 3rds section.
    What we expect from a 3+ person mount:
    lze1pn9m9n1w.png

What we'll actually get:
    z8jv7gdqmru1.png

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to play stage 4 vampires and just run hidden everywhere
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I missed them entirely.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it's hideous and expensive. i also havent noticed anyone actually using it recently.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lze1pn9m9n1w.png

What we'll actually get:
    z8jv7gdqmru1.png
    Yes but people rides places you could not bring an tracked all terrain vehicle, and that don't cover the clipping bugs you will get. Now you could get an two wheel carriage to work as its just 3 points of contact if you already having the horse work.
    But that would be an jarring experience at horse sprint speeds seat belts would be mandatory to stay inside.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their price is absurd.
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    which option do i select for "Pointless and a distraction from what should be done"
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

lze1pn9m9n1w.png

What we'll actually get:
    z8jv7gdqmru1.png
    Yes but people rides places you could not bring an tracked all terrain vehicle, and that don't cover the clipping bugs you will get. Now you could get an two wheel carriage to work as its just 3 points of contact if you already having the horse work.
    But that would be an jarring experience at horse sprint speeds seat belts would be mandatory to stay inside.

I just want to have 4 (or even 3) Miri companions, even with all the bug harvesting complaints!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scaletho wrote: »
    Their price is absurd.

Well, regarding economical mounts...
    ... I'm trying to get THIS
    c3zj8fxuzdhp.jpg

...to mount/crosbreed with THIS.....
    asvqsleve97z.jpg

but... I dont know if it's apparent but... there's just a TINY issue I overlooked.........................................

• Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    I find them ugly and silly, and I'd never buy or use one (if I wound up with one somehow). As far as the current implementation, I have no opinion on it.

This. But the poll didn't ask this, sad poll again.