The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why no crafting surveys in Cyrodiil?

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indigogo wrote: »
    They should drop as a bonus addition from rewards of the worthy. I'd love that.

This is the only possible workable suggestion made. It makes some sense though needs to be a slightly rare drop rate so it does not replace doing crafting writs.

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As someone who PvPs in Cyrodiil just about every day, I think this is not a good idea.

There will definitely be some PvP players who camp these locations. There are always players who get their jollies from ruining someone else’s day. They often bring their friends, too.

If they were to add surveys to RotW, they will surely negatively impact something else of value in the process.

Another reason, I don’t even bother to do treasure maps there when I do anywhere else. It’s not worth the time it takes.

More importantly, the player cap has been reduced so much that this could negatively impact actual PvP activities. Often when I do surveys in other zones I encounter others doing the same ones so it could be a significant increase.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I'm guessing they would mostly be abandoned. Map is huge and always a chance, even if a small chance, of getting jumped by another player. Players already complain about special events or endeavors that require going to Cyrodiil. Surveys would really set them off.

Not to mention we hate the pop cap being filled with fishermen and crafters!! IMO there should be NOTHING that isnt objective related in cyro, not even the gold vendor!! It should be moved out as well cuz like cmon every friday night queue loaded to the *** with people coming to check vendor n not even pvp.. Thats whats actually happening
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally no one outside of events camps town quest givers waiting for PvEers to gank. So I can virtually guarantee you that nobody is going to be camping potential survey spawn points. PvEers don’t even give good AP. AP scales with how long you’ve been alive while fighting and how many players you have killed. And some of us don’t even bother with obvious fishers, harvesters, or recipe farmers.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A friendly reminder that if you harvest 1 node of your survey, but are unable to harvest the rest, they are lost. This happened to me; I was disconnected after scooping a rich ore node, came back and the rest were gone.

Now, please imagine the impact on my sanity if I were to ride out from a keep in the single largest map in the game, have to cross half the zone because the survey was to a keep i had when i was granted it, but my faction has since been pushed to the gates and only just recaptured our three home keeps, just to be killed harvesting the first node and losing 5/6 of the yield.

Respectfully, there's far too much chance for something to go very, very wrong. Disconnecting happens, and I got over it. Another player denying me my writ rewards? Uh uh. No thank you.

Doesn't even have to be a griefer or a ganker either. If we're both there for the survey, I'd also kill them on sight. I'm not losing my payday, and I've got worse trust issues in cyro than a 5 year old who was given a raisin cookie and told it was chocolate chip.

Now, a suggestion for you, since you seem to want this to be a reward for PVP players in their RotW; put them behind your factions gates. The player can at least then control if an enemy is present when they go for their goodies.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on October 28, 2022 6:18AM
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I already have full set of Cryodiil treasure maps taking space in bank. Assuming the Cryodiil surveys only drop from PvP activities in Cryodiil and not dilute the normal writ rewards I don't care if PvPers have their inventories stuffed with em.
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be for PvPers and those PvE players who don't believe all the camping myths, which come to think of it become pvpers. lol
    Edited by Four_Fingers on October 28, 2022 12:47PM
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mostly they wouldn't get done.

You would also have to open at least 1 more Cyrodil group cause there would always ben a few hundred people trying to do the surveys which would overload the current ones. I suppose you could do it and just finally make it a proper PvE zone.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every "stationary" pve objective is a potential ganking spot. Questing hubs in Cyro or quests in IC. When PvP was more popular it used to be a thing.

Now, you might think: No one would be crazy enough to camp a treasure chest or treasure map spot or... survey map location, right ?

Well, yes, they would be ! That is what trolls do ! :D:joy:
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    I already have full set of Cryodiil treasure maps taking space in bank. Assuming the Cryodiil surveys only drop from PvP activities in Cryodiil and not dilute the normal writ rewards I don't care if PvPers have their inventories stuffed with em.

This. I have one set of maps on one account; I trash all the rest. I'd never bother with surveys, don't want them diluting the regular survey pool. They can drop from pvp rewards, that's fine; otherwise no thanks.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a first step to flipping Cyro to a PvE zone, why not?
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, sounds like a good question for a forum poll!

Anyway, I PvP only when there is an event, and I keep an under level 50 alt in each faction for this reason.

When I get a Cyrodiil treasure map, I do them for the zone set drop. I pick an empty campaign when the faction owns a keep near the map drop location.

Not sure about Cyrodiil surveys. Not interested in having my master crafter getting ganked. But then again, the treasure maps have not been an issue so far, no one is hanging out at their locations all day waiting on me. I would pick an empty campaign when I would do these surveys, if they became available.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »
    aussie500 wrote: »
    Dr_Con wrote: »
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I'm guessing they would mostly be abandoned. Map is huge and always a chance, even if a small chance, of getting jumped by another player. Players already complain about special events or endeavors that require going to Cyrodiil. Surveys would really set them off.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "Abandoned"?

Why would it be a problem if the surveys were dropped in addition to other surveys? These may be the most utilized surveys in the game depending on where they are placed.

Because most people, especially the crafters getting the surveys are not PVP players, ZOS is not going to force people to enter a PVP area just to get a survey.

Where did you get the idea in your head that PVPers don't craft?

You do realize that all the stuff you do for writs goes to the war effort right? You know, the war in Cyrodiil. Why wouldn't they be sending survey locations back when the goods get delivered?

Because getting the crafters killed on a regular basis might discourage some of them from actually supporting the war effort? You know, get a cyrodiil survey, get slaughtered over and over and over trying to pick it up until the opposing faction pvper gets bored and allows you to pick up the nodes? Personally I wouldn't bother with a survey in cyrodiil unless each survey gave a few thousand ore/fiber/wood/runes/flowers/whatever. Just like a couple in Craglorn, I'd delete them and go do a pass through any other zone.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every "stationary" pve objective is a potential ganking spot. Questing hubs in Cyro or quests in IC. When PvP was more popular it used to be a thing.

Now, you might think: No one would be crazy enough to camp a treasure chest or treasure map spot or... survey map location, right ?

Well, yes, they would be ! That is what trolls do ! :D:joy:

I don't see this happening. They could be sitting at a spawn point for hours and not have a player visit. With the events at least the trolls know there will be a steady flow of targets. THe trolls are not regular PvP types though. They are the frustrated PvEr that wanted to be PvPr but lacked the talent. So they prey on unsuspecting PvErs during the event to feel better about themselves.

Players would be able to do surveys whenever they like and on any campaign so the ganking trolls would get bored and move on. Still isn't a good idea to put surveys in Cyrodiil though.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."