The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What STAM class do you find it hardest to beat in 1 v 1?

kapachia
kapachia
✭✭✭
Unfortunately poll options are limited to 10 so stam and mag classes had to be separated.

What STAM class do you find it hardest to beat in 1 v 1? 65 votes

Stam DK
43%
KayshaDidgerionStncoldlipechacalBalticBluesMayraelMikeSkyrim333ChunkyCatTyharNoszetBrianEnoStaticWaveMelivarRasande_RobintaugrimxDeusEJRxLucozade85SkaraMinocSoul-Forged-BranchMetallicMonk 28 votes
Stam Necro
1%
lQrukl 1 vote
Stam Sorc
3%
WildRaptorXGetAgrippa 2 votes
Stam Warden
29%
WuffyCeruleiMannjdyrDerraAces-High-82ReckyZaLaidlawPureEnvelope35Tommy_The_GunApexPredatorESLFrom_SiberiaFirmamentOfStarsSuna_Ye_Sunnabeauzedward_frigidhandsLiteEmUpxHotguy6packOverameraveznan5Turtle_Bot 19 votes
Stam NB
15%
acastanza_ESOPhoenixGreyJobooAGSKatlefiyaWoppaBoemallan0ntonyblackNevidyraMelzoLykeion 10 votes
Stam Templar
7%
stevenyaub16_ESOJames-WayneEric_PrinceAmerisesAdamLAD 5 votes
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam Warden
    hardest to fight 1v1 is probably stamden, although stamblade is very close, most frustrating to fight 1v1 is stamblade by a large margin though.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DK
    Im thinking about this yet. Not sure I have fought a true "stam" anything for a while.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DK
    Stam DK = Mag Dk. Same as other poll, Corrosive armor is just an anomaly ultimate and every DK uses it, regardless of the DK's healing or whatever they may fail at, corrosive tips the fight completely and can negate all your damage essentially.

If corrosive armor wasn't a factor, it'd be Stam Warden
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DK
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    Stam DK = Mag Dk. Same as other poll, Corrosive armor is just an anomaly ultimate and every DK uses it, regardless of the DK's healing or whatever they may fail at, corrosive tips the fight completely and can negate all your damage essentially.

I think you're on to something here. NB can dumpster you in a hurry if you're not on the ball, but DK with corrosive armor and heals to full is tougher IMO
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I think that Corrosive Armor needs to be looked at, like I don't care that it's aggressive and bypasses armor and has the DoT, but I think there should be a defensive trade-off for it having so much offensive utility, maybe increase the max percentage done to 6-8% of the max health instead of 3%. It will still make you tanky, but not a unstoppable, defensive bypassing juggernaut.

Just my thoughts on that.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭

i really don't get it, as soon I see someone going corrosive I just keep my distance, DK don't have a lot of gap closing potential.
    After corrosive ends I know that I can try go offensive.
    Corrosive is only good as a defensive ulti in my opinion, almost useless as offensive. In the end not a very good ulti.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DK

This^

And on top of that the skill is disguised by coagulating blood visual. I can see it only on my death recap that it was corrosive that killed me.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    Out of all classes - It is either Warden or DK if we are talking about equally experienced players with decent gear & build.

Other classes are kinda behind and very situational, meaning that those also can be strong, but only under certain conditions.

Edit: I was dueling today and stayed later to observe other players dueling and I have noticed that the class that is winning most of the time is DK (even if they have significantly lower cp than opponent).

I guess that is mainly due to Corrosive Armor that enables way to much damage, while you can still remain tanky af. All you need to do is to have some solid ulti gen / ulti cost reduction build so you can have better uptime for Corrosive ult. So as long as you are not dueling other DK with Corrosive - it won't be a fair fight.

Every DK who I saw winning was pretty much using same strategy with Corrosive. It is kinda insane how much carry this one ability provides lol.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on October 28, 2022 12:40PM
  • Stncold
    Stncold
    ✭✭✭
    Stam DK
    The class that even a one-handed monkey could play effectively.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

also missing info, what kind of 1v1? cp or no, i have a pillar to hide or no, r we on a platform or no. Also ur enemy stam depends on what u playing urself, each setup has a different stam enemy class

[Edited for Baiting]
    Edited by Psiion on October 30, 2022 3:46AM
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DK
    BGs are very high Dk population. Sometimes as high as 80% in a match.

Theres an obvious reason for this.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DK
    LOL at some of the voters on this poll.

Yes, Stamden is strong right now, with the U35 change to Artic Blast to provide a PBAoE stun. Absolutely the case, and I say this as a long-time Stamden main even before U35.

But StamDK has the best burst self-healing, unblockable CC, and 2 incredible (well, 1 of them broken) ults. DK is still the king of 1v1 while Coag Blood scales like it does and Corrosive Armor provides superb offensive and defensive utility.
    Edited by taugrim on November 1, 2022 4:21AM
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    stamden when i'm using anything with range

stamdk can be quite annoying otherwise.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam DK
    In a 1v1, I would 100% give stamDK the crown. Corrosive Armor provides too much versatility and basically hard-counters a bursty playstyle. You'd have to include a lot of DoTs to fight a stamDK, and even then it's not a guaranteed win since they also have better DoTs and healing in a 1v1.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc