The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Festival Etiquette Request

• SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SilverBride you’d think so but they also attack Sammy! It’s outright khajit discrimination :D

Nah. It’s most likely the companion also starts fighting and then they attack this one. Still annoying.
    Edited by SammyKhajit on October 22, 2022 7:30PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    Its not my fault that I can oneshot Delve Bosses. Its the fault of the game.

It might not be a player's fault that they can oneshot Delve Bosses. The ability to create "broken builds" has been a part of gaming for years; ESO did not invent it.

But it is a player's fault if they do create a broken build and oneshot Delve Bosses with it.

It's a choice that each player makes, not something that ESO or any other game makes the player do.

A lot of players choose to pursue the "massively OP" route because they enjoy burning through content as quickly and easily as possible.

A lot of other players choose not to pursue that route, for whatever reason.

Neither approach is wrong, and each has its benefits and drawbacks. And I don't care which approach other players choose. I'm just saying-- never forget that it is a choice, and it's your choice; you are in control of it.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I gotta say I think that's just the nature of the game tbh. In my first year (2019) I relied on Lady Llarel because I was below level 50 and had no idea what I was doing combat-wise. Nowadays I certainly can't one-shot any boss, even a delve one, so during the event just tend to just pick up the daily from the orc guy in the Undaunted encampment. Off I pop to that delve. If there are other players around when the boss spawns, I just light attack so that everyone there will get a shot in. However it's not my responsibility to hang around all day. If no one else is attacking the boss I'm just going to kill it fast, I do have stuff to do like everyone else does.

There are also quite a lot of nice people around. If amyone is honestly having an issue getting a hit in on a delve boss, just mention it in zone chat. For every one person that mocks a newbie, there'll be three people that will group you, take you to a quieter delve, and wait until you get the hit you need. ESO is full of [snip] but much fuller of nice helpful people.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 24, 2022 10:52AM
  • ankerous
    ankerous
    ✭✭✭
    If the player attacks the mob doesn't it chase them instead of attacking another player who just happens to be standing nearby?

Not always. I've been in the middle of a conversation with NPCs, trying to pick the lock on a chest, etc, and have had players run up to me with mobs chasing them and the mobs attack me and not them. I've had people grab the loot from chests I was trying to pick because of it.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't expect to be given any help. Get Major Expedition, stamina potions, avoid mobs, kill the boss and the mobs should they appear.

No one will wait for you - why wait for others?
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Behaving at a LCD level because you expect everyone else to do the same is not the way to improve things, just a way to help drag the world down to LCD level.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MJ202 wrote: »
    You're one of many, waiting for that Boss to spawn. When it does, please don't slam it with an "instant kill" shot. Give everyone a chance to get a hit first. Going for the "instant kill" shot isn't needed to save you time, given how many other players are present, and doing so is just selfish and rude.

Lol there is no instakill shot.

Boss last about 2 to 3 seconds, lesser if those bloodthirsty players are like 2k cp+, [snip]

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 24, 2022 10:49AM
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its not just a case of the players nuking the boss, with how weak most delve and public dungeon bosses are, doesn't take companions long to nuke them either.

I will wait for people to an extent those I see with me heading toward where the boss is and those standing around waiting but if your off in the distance around some corner miles behind me don't expect me to have x ray vision and know your on your way.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drammanoth wrote: »
    Don't expect to be given any help. Get Major Expedition, stamina potions, avoid mobs, kill the boss and the mobs should they appear.

No one will wait for you - why wait for others?

I wait for other players because I like to be considerate. I don’t expect it from others but it’s always nice to see. I can get credit if I just drop a few aoes and then light attack and let some lower cp level player get credit too. Why shouldn’t I? What do I gain by going full steam and making him wait for the respawn? Is is supposed to make me feel good? I’d rather help someone.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @katanagirl1 you get an awesome for that. Consideration and courtesy are not difficult and are most appreciated.

This one still remembers fondly a dragonknight Nord who took this one through the Eastmarch public dungeon and babysat as Sammy huffed and puffed at the low level of 25. A hero by all counts.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @katanagirl1 you get an awesome for that. Consideration and courtesy are not difficult and are most appreciated.

This one still remembers fondly a dragonknight Nord who took this one through the Eastmarch public dungeon and babysat as Sammy huffed and puffed at the low level of 25. A hero by all counts.

Thank you! You get an awesome as well for your post. I remember those who helped me when I was a newbie and while I was unable to return the favor to them, I try to pass it along to someone else who I meet that needs a hand.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you! You get an awesome as well for your post. I remember those who helped me when I was a newbie and while I was unable to return the favor to them, I try to pass it along to someone else who I meet that needs a hand.

OP this one hopes you won’t get discouraged - plenty of decent folks playing the game!
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're one of many, waiting for that Boss to spawn. When it does, please don't slam it with an "instant kill" shot. Give everyone a chance to get a hit first. Going for the "instant kill" shot isn't needed to save you time, given how many other players are present, and doing so is just selfish and rude.

Don't worry about that. If you just want to gather feather effectively, go to normal dungeon with your
    decent tank guild mate. That's more firster. Moreover, you can get set equipment collection some degree.
    And chance to get dungeon gold skull reward also. ;)

And, you can also get tank role for the crow boss of event at same time.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MJ202, Michael, people are people, it is what it is.
    I'd really suggest bosses far from wayshrines (Bangkorai frost attro boss is popular, while The Rift's one is more desert),
    Deshaan's Lady Llarel is overcrowded, but Blackwood delves are desert, Choose Malabal Tor public dungeons instead or Rivenspire, group dungeons and arenas are instanced.
    I mean: go for unpopular zones (like Greenshade) and you're, basically, done.
    PC EU
  • MJ202
    MJ202
    ✭✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    @MJ202, Michael, people are people, it is what it is.

I agree with you. Some people are naturally helpful, others are perpetually self-centered, and others may not be aware. I targeted those in the third group. If it makes some of them go ... "oh yeah, I hadn't thought about that," then my post was a success.

Those in the first group already do what they can to help. As for those in the second group, to paraphrase what you said, they are what they are.

Bottom line is I don't lose sleep over it.

• Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to look around when fighting a boss. If I'm alone, I hit as hard as I can (which isn't a lot), but if I see people coming, I slow down to light attacks or even just hold block. Granted, I can only one-shot centipedes, so that courtesy doesn't have a lot of impact...
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

OP this one hopes you won’t get discouraged - plenty of decent folks playing the game!

Funny thing happened today, I was in the Lady Llarel delve today with two other high level cp guys and I did like I usually do and they totally melted the boss. I had to wait until the next spawn. Oh well.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It would help if they would make bosses spawn a bit faster, and be a bit more flexible for credit, at least during the event.

I have missed credit several time in the Alik'r Dolmens since the boss gets melted so quickly. Better to do those in another area quite often.

PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Funny thing happened today, I was in the Lady Llarel delve today with two other high level cp guys and I did like I usually do and they totally melted the boss. I had to wait until the next spawn. Oh well.

Yeah, there are those players who just sort of wave their staff/sword whatever and it’s all done and dusted. That’s a bummer when it happens.