Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can someone explain the atoll of immolation "public dungeon" please?

stewg73
stewg73
✭✭
Sorry, I've been searching the forums and youtube trying to work out how to get in. The net result is that it seems you just run around the deadlands for ages and if you're lucky a portal will open at random and that's how you get in? That can't be right surely.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 17, 2022 8:57PM
  • stewg73
    stewg73
    ✭✭
    HA! The bit I was missing was that you have to leave a confused post on the forums first! Have been running around the deadlands for over and hour, and I go back to the game after leaving the post above and within 30 seconds a random portal opens and I'm in. just bizarre.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are those the flame portals? Those seem to pop up almost anytime I am in the zone.

But I am nowhere good enough to solo them.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are specific spawn locations but yeah you’d have to run to every single location to find a portal unless you can port to someone already in there. ZOS wanted players to call out portal locations but didn’t seem to learn that zones like that die pretty fast… so I’m hoping that it’ll get the harrowstorm treatment eventually (showing which one is up on the map).
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is also a different instance for both blackwood and the deadlands (it also doesnt help atoll of immolation was originally called "deadlands", so they changed the name of the portals in blackwood but to the same name as the one in deadlands, the whole thing is really confusing)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also make a sound so you can hear that one is close. In Deadlands, they seem easy to find. Blackwood is more annoying but that may because I don't find the Blackwood landscape all that memorable.
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you google it, you can find maps with the spawn locations, then you just have to do circles between those locations.
    Or ask in zone chat if anyone has seen a portal up.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for letting us know that you've found the portal you were looking for in the dungeon. With this issue now resolved, we have decided to close the thread going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.