The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stuck in Coldharbour - Falling through world

Alarra
Alarra
✭✭✭
I got to the weapon room in Coldharbour, and suddenly fell through the floor. /stuck respawned me in the same spot, still falling, and logging out and in/quitting the game spawns me there too. It only lasts about 20 seconds or so till my character starts screaming and I get kicked back to the login screen with "Error 318: You have been dropped from the server because you hit the message rate limit. Please avoid excessive messaging (i.e. spamming)." - even though I haven't typed anything in the chat.

Can anyone help me out? I don't want to have to lose this character - I redeemed the monkey and Pledge of Mara mails on it.
UESP - Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995.
UESP forum/blog/Discord admin, wiki patroller, NA/PC Guild Advisor
  • MySecretWeapon
    "Dropped from the server" Indeed... lol

The only thing I can think is to quit the client entirely (possibly reset your computer) and then run a repair on the client. I had similar issues during the beta and this fixed it every-time.
  • Alarra
    Alarra
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, that's funny, I didn't think of "dropped" like that :p

What do you mean run a repair on the client? I'm not seeing anything in the launcher about that and I'm not seeing it in the Programs list on my computer.
  • MySecretWeapon
    Alarra wrote: »
    Lol, that's funny, I didn't think of "dropped" like that :p

What do you mean run a repair on the client? I'm not seeing anything in the launcher about that and I'm not seeing it in the Programs list on my computer.

From the Launcher, click on the "Game Options" under "News" and click "Repair"
  • Alarra
    Alarra
    ✭✭✭
    Repairing and restarting the computer did not fix this.
  • MySecretWeapon
    Do you get the same issue with a new character, or is it isolated to that one character?
  • JeromeSteez
    I have this same issue. I am running repair right now. I really don't want to start over.
  • Alarra
    Alarra
    ✭✭✭
    So far so good on my second character. The one that's stuck was gonna be my main, though, and like I said had taken the monkey and Mara things from the mail, so I really hope it can get fixed...
  • MySecretWeapon
    The only thing I can suggest is to submit a help ticket asap. If you delete your main and lose the goods, they should be able to help return them. Obviously, it's easier if you can wait until you hear from them first though.

Submit the ticket here, and good luck. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask
  • Alarra
    Alarra
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I've submitted one. Thanks for your help, even if you weren't able to help fix it. The "Dropped from the server indeed" gave me a good laugh, at least :)
  • Kanvindr
    Kanvindr
    Yeah i guess you will need a manual move. :(
    Edited by Kanvindr on March 31, 2014 12:43AM
  • JeromeSteez
    I had submitted a request through /help and I think I got manually moved. Had to sit through the cut scenes again but it did get fixed for me.
  • Eise
    Eise
    Alarra wrote: »
    Can anyone help me out? I don't want to have to lose this character - I redeemed the monkey and Pledge of Mara mails on it.

I have got this bug couple of times now (but not in coldharbour). Screen shows only sky and char is falling. Solution what is worked for me is to log out and log in, type /stuck when log in or possibly rebooting my client if needed.

Hope this helps anyone.