The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Battlegrounds Weekend- Chaos Ball

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
mgu2fb5ya1wj.jpg
Who’s ready to play a little Chaos Ball? 😈

The Chaos Ball Weekend has begun! Get in there and play some Chaos Ball to earn a 25% AP bonus in all Battlegrounds this weekend.

As this is the second Battlegrounds Weekend, we again ask for your feedback as you play over the weekend. You can provide all feedback in this thread. Thanks.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on October 18, 2022 2:14PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the meantime, we’ll consider additional ways to keep Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds interesting and exciting (for example, potentially special rulesets or weekend events) 

When you ask mum for Bonestorm, and she gets you Lee Carvalo's Putting Challenge.

Personally, I'm not going to touch bgs, event or no.
    I'm looking forward to seeing if the regular bg crowd feels rewarded and enriched by these one mode events..
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 25% AP bonus for BGs is largely unnoticeable and is hardly any incentive for the average player to care, especially those that don't do BGs regularly in the first place. 25% is miniscule. 50% is good. 100% is better.
    Besides, players can gain AP at a much faster rate in Cyrodiil compared to BGs, anyway.
    The common denominator is time.

The base BG AP-gain rate is long overdue for an update/upgrade in order to be competitive with Cyrodiil's AP-gain rate.
    BGs already have a long matchmaking queue time (solo or a group); plus, each match is 10-15 minutes long.
    That is an extremely long time to wait for only a very miniscule AP-gain.
    Why bother waiting around for BGs when Cyrodiil is already better for AP-gain and always available?
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only people interested in this is who is working on achievmente, once they get it no one will show anymore.
  • VixxVexx
    VixxVexx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just shows us that feedback threads are absolutely pointless.
    The last BG event was also +25% AP and everyone in the last thread mentioned it was too low.

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 14, 2022 2:33PM
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe you should first implement a way where I could spend my 40 million APs wisely
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Higher drop chance for motifs, exp bonus (double) would get newer players much more interested than 25% ap.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    call me when the Deathmatch Weekend is up
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    mgu2fb5ya1wj.jpg
    Who’s ready to play a little Chaos Ball? 😈

The Chaos Ball Weekend has begun! Get in there and play some Chaos Ball to earn a 25% AP bonus in all Battlegrounds this weekend.

As this is the second Battlegrounds Weekend, we again ask for your feedback as you play over the weekend. You can provide all feedback in this thread. Thanks.

BORING
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It being 5 days instead of 2 or 3 somehow has had the opposite effect as intended… I DON’T want to battleground during the battleground “weekend” because it’s just… not a weekend. I don’t want to play the same battleground 10 times before playing a different one, personally.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double telvar weekend instead please.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    definitely need a much higher AP gain, since you dont earn AP for kills during the match and the AP amount is pretty fixed based on placement in the match, so faster matches = faster AP (assuming the queue is also fast)

i also think that calling it a weekend is probably a misnomer, but i understand that zos are people too and probably dont work on the weekends unless there is some massive server issue lol

so it would make more sense to start the event on fri and go to monday as that would mostly only cover the actual weekend
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) NO ONE wants a single BG event all weekend. NO ONE. So, what’s the reasoning behind this?

2) Chaosball is likely the least popular game. I notice significantly more “back biters” just going for kills against people trying to play the game, and ignoring the chaosball completely.

3) NEW CONTENT WILL ATTRACT MORE PLAYERS TO BGs.

4) NEW CONTENT WILL ATTRACT MORE PLAYERS TO BGs.

5) Players would like a queue where they can select Deatmatch or Other.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These weekends are totally inadequate as the "special events" we were promised. We were told that there would be no PVP content coming at all this year due to the code rewrite, making it a total of four years since our last PVP content dropped in the form of a single BG map.

The incentive of 25% bonus AP is laughable. Being forced to play the same gamemode over and over is laughable.

The fact that the Imperial city celebration, or "double telvar event" was cancelled amidst all this is like a slap in the face.

At the bare minimum, you should be doubling the AP in battlegrounds for these "events". Realistically, the majority of PVP players do not even play battlegrounds and would prefer different events altogether. Events like double tel var or double AP in IC/Cyro would be a far greater incentive to stick around despite 0 pvp content being released while the promised code work is being done.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Stapledon
    Stapledon
    Soul Shriven
    I'm a regular BGs player on xbox EU and enjoy all the modes to varying degrees, believe it or not Chaosball is one of my favourites, whether it's as a healer supporting the ball holder or aggressively and relentlessly chasing down an opponent ball carrier. I find it a fun game mode.

Since this latest weekend event started games have definitely seemed short on players, but I've had a few good matches and a few one sided ones. After 2 days though it's getting boring doing the same mode.

In my opinion an event like this needs much better rewards and incentives to play, as others have commented, 5 days is far too long, especially given the lacklustre bonus to AP, give is regular players and new players alike some unique rewards, PVP exclusive, and decent rewards to work towards upon reaching some target that takes time to achieve over the event.

An event like this over 5 days could be amazing for PVP but instead I think it will do little to encourage more people to play BGs and many regular players simply won't take part.
    Edited by Stapledon on October 15, 2022 11:59PM
  • Einher2137
    Einher2137
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy chaos ball, but not when i am forced to play only this mode, i am hating this event more and more.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think 25% bonus is gonna motivate a lot of people tbh.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoyed Chaos Ball this weekend. Didn't play as much as I wanted as the Explorers event meant me cashing in as many surveys as I could.

Feedback, I think these events should only be 2 days, Sat and Sun. I also think the AP buff could be 50%. I know the intent is to give the PvPers a little something over attracting new folks to BG, but 25% is negligible.

Cheers ZoS, hope you keep having these weekends.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with the AP bonus, AP is made waaaaay faster in cyrodiil. You can be in group flipping cyrodiil keeps and its 3 resources every 5 minutes making much more ap.

25% is not nearly enough to participate, at least make it exciting. Up the AP to at least 50%, give us a new motif style that only drops from battlegrounds during the event, apply a debuff maybe a uncleanseable ice tick or something, maybe allow CP battlegrounds something [snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 16, 2022 5:50PM
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion these weekend events should be rewarding double Alliance Point rewards and should only last two days. Other than that if these game modes rotates like this, people who are chasing specific achievements from specific game mode can try to get them easily. It is really frustrating to get into a Capture the Relic game if you are trying to get Chaos Guardian achievement.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy these new events, and I love Chaosball. I'm not the only old BG'er on my server who thinks Chaosball can be the most exciting and competitive (you can't farm the weakest team like in DM) mode of all if:

- all players are of equal experience and play to win

- it's a good map (Ularra, Foyada, and Ald Carac are the best, Mor Khazgur and the Arcane University are too large with too many hard to reach spots)

- nobody brings a speedtank build. Nothing these days holds a candle to ye olde Trollking+Orgnum+Beekeeper, or later on Alessian WWs, but they can still spoil the mode. Not to fault the players of course, rather they should be commended for playing to win as they should be, but:

As most everybody agrees, simply putting an uncleansable snare on the Ball would go a long way to helping every match be as fun and competitive as this mode can be.

As for the events in general, I think it would be neat if there was an event specific Leaderboard with a big payout to the top spots, and not AP, but Mats, especially Columbine, Bugloss, Perfect Roe, Heroism reagents, etc., since these are the things a Vet PvPer needs the most. Or just a big gold prize, like 250k to number 1, or something. (Xbox valuation, bit lower than PC)
    Edited by Urzigurumash on October 16, 2022 7:56PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Indigogo wrote: »
    In the meantime, we’ll consider additional ways to keep Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds interesting and exciting (for example, potentially special rulesets or weekend events) 

When you ask mum for Bonestorm, and she gets you Lee Carvalo's Putting Challenge.

I'm looking forward to seeing if the regular bg crowd feels rewarded and enriched by these one mode events..

What makes you not interested in the event? @Indigogo
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I enjoy these new events, and I love Chaosball. I'm not the only old BG'er on my server who thinks Chaosball can be the most exciting and competitive (you can't farm the weakest team like in DM) mode of all if:

- it's a good map (Ularra, Foyada, and Ald Carac are the best, Mor Khazgur and the Arcane University are too large with too many hard to reach spots)

- nobody brings a speedtank build. Nothing these days holds a candle to ye olde Trollking+Orgnum+Beekeeper, or later on Alessian WWs, but they can still spoil the mode. Not to fault the players of course, rather they should be commended for playing to win as they should be, but:

As most everybody agrees, simply putting an uncleansable snare on the Ball would go a long way to helping every match be as fun and competitive as this mode can be.

As for the events in general, I think it would be neat if there was an event specific Leaderboard with a big payout to the top spots, and not AP, but Mats, especially Columbine, Bugloss, Perfect Roe, Heroism reagents, etc., since these are the things a Vet PvPer needs the most. Or just a big gold prize, like 250k to number 1, or something. (Xbox valuation, bit lower than PC)

Maybe like 20k...250k is far to much for a leaderboard reward
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe like 20k...250k is far to much for a leaderboard reward

20k wouldn't even come close to cover the cost of alchemy / provisioning mats to get there though.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least picking up the ball ensures the death of someone wearing Mara's Balm if they hold it too long.
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indigogo wrote: »

What makes you not interested in the event? @Indigogo

Because I don't like bgs.

Liking one form of pvp doesn't mean you like all forms of pvp.
    I think that needs to be drilled into zos who think they can dangle carrots away from cyro and think that will draw people away, and away from their problems. No.

I'm happy bg players are getting something, though not remotely enough.

Cyro should also have received commitment to the suggestion of something to help people hang on while they try and fix the mess.
  • Raikiki
    Raikiki
    ✭✭✭
    I am enjoying the event so far. Only thing thats annoying is the long qeue. Is it bugged? Sometimes we dont find any match for 10 minutes and if we refresh the qeue we find a game right away. You should really fix this problem.
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like BG, any mode is pretty fun if you play the objective but the rewards are lacking to justify one mode for an entire weekend.

I would really like to see specific weekend rewards, maybe even unique for every mode. It could be anything honestly, furniture, transmutes, a seperate leaderboard, a motif for a unique sword, even a memento would be more fun than 25% extra AP.

So yeah, the events are fine, the rewards are very lacking. Deathmatch weekend however, will probably be a hit even without any rewards.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing event! I've seen some unbelievable peak-performance gameplay moments. 4-squads of PVE tanks holding block at each other until the match is over. So much better than the brainless button-mashing of Deathmatch.
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have a Deathmatch weekend please? You guys are gathering feedback about these weekend events and maybe it looks like they aren't generating excitement. Don't draw conclusions until there is a deathmatch weekend though.
    Edited by Stamicka on October 17, 2022 5:46PM
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of having it be a weekend of only being able to queue for a specific mode, why not make it a weekend where you can additionally queue for that specific mode.

That way, the people that aren't interested in the mode of the weekend aren't stuck doing it if they really don't want to do so and can queue for all the other modes besides it.

To avoid having population issues, you could scale the AP bonus based on the number of people in queue. Shortage in queue = bigger bonus.

Edit:
    Wait, I might be stupid and missed that I could queue for normal matches as well.

Edit 2: NVM still sent me to Chaos Ball.
    Edited by chessalavakia_ESO on October 18, 2022 1:37AM