Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing Storage Mannequins

NoSoup
NoSoup
✭✭✭✭
So, starting with a whinge and finishing with a solution. It seems like its been ages since we've had any real upgrades in storage solutions. Sure we have the sticker book now but if you have a 5 piece set all in epic and the BiS trait it seems absurd to decon it. Since the last storage coffers there must have been in excess of a few hundred armor sets added to the game. It also seems bizarre that I can put 700 bath tubs in my house but can't dump any armor sets outside of the bank & coffers.

So my solution, please give us equipable mannequins. I imagine it would work similar to the armoury station. You equip whatever sets you want to then walk up to the mannequin, use it and it equips what you're wearing on the mannequin. This ensures it's only bound armor that is being stored (so its not going to ruin any "economies"), gives us the additional storage we need while also creating the potential for really awesome housing decor.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on October 14, 2022 2:16AM
Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As you say, it could have been built into the armoury station system, so instead of having to carry the pieces you're not wearing, they are displayed on the mannequin.

The mannequin system in Skyrim worked well, as well as taking them out of your inventory, you could display the pieces at the same time.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To further add to OP's idea: Apart from a mannequin for armor, they could also add

- a weapon rack or display
    - one mannequin for clothing to display all those awesome outfits.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • LikiLoki
    LikiLoki
    ✭✭✭✭
    They will not be added for the same reason that they do not add additional slots for furniture. Showcases and mannequins are the things that everyone wants, and ZOS wants them too, but can't
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LikiLoki wrote: »
    They will not be added for the same reason that they do not add additional slots for furniture. Showcases and mannequins are the things that everyone wants, and ZOS wants them too, but can't

Have they ever elaborated on why they can't provide more furnishing slots or showcases/mannequins?

Seems very odd they can introduce a whole card game, yet can't increase furnishing spaces while continuing to build larger and more complicated homes.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think every piece of armor would count as a furnishing prop.

I'd still use it.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have chests we can store the items in. I have placed my upgraded gear I do not use in those chests in case they become worthy of use. It works well.
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, going to have to vote no. Too traumatized from Skyrim's. Though I think they may have fixed them recently.

But I'd like a hanger we can display armor.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mik195 wrote: »
    Sorry, going to have to vote no. Too traumatized from Skyrim's. Though I think they may have fixed them recently.

But I'd like a hanger we can display armor.

Or a garage.

They have garages in TES right? or is that Fallout 76

Invent garages please. Lore opportunity.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LikiLoki wrote: »

Have they ever elaborated on why they can't provide more furnishing slots or showcases/mannequins?

Seems very odd they can introduce a whole card game, yet can't increase furnishing spaces while continuing to build larger and more complicated homes.

They cannot provide more furnishing slots due to the limitations of older generation consoles and low-end PCs.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/512076/february-2020-furnishing-limit-status-update/p1
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At best we can get mannequins and weapon racks with pre-existing things on them that can't be changed. just simple furniture items. Not ones being able to show hundreds of various armours, costumes and weapons.
    That would use a lot of data, and probably be filled with bugs and hard to implement.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Kingsindarkness
    Kingsindarkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannequins are really money left on the ground...I mean they can charge 1k each on the crown store each house can hold a certain number with the ability to add more in at say 800 Crowns each which maxes out to five.

That would be a significant increase in revenue.

Edited by Kingsindarkness on October 12, 2022 9:15PM
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I would like this, I can only imagine how quickly housing slots would get eaten up. As it is now, my main house is maxed at 700 slots, so, if I want to add something new, I have to get rid of something. :/

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I would like this, I can only imagine how quickly housing slots would get eaten up. As it is now, my main house is maxed at 700 slots, so, if I want to add something new, I have to get rid of something. :/

I agree. If it is not possible to add more slots, you'd have to use existing slots. In my head I imagine the mannequin itself would count as one. Then everything you put on it would take up a slot so that is between 10 and 12 slots? Depending on weapons and if you want to include jewellery.
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    opalcity wrote: »

I agree. If it is not possible to add more slots, you'd have to use existing slots. In my head I imagine the mannequin itself would count as one. Then everything you put on it would take up a slot so that is between 10 and 12 slots? Depending on weapons and if you want to include jewellery.

Well it comes down to freedom of choice then doesn't it. I can pay the crowns to have 10 mannequins taking up 1/5th of my furnishing slots or just put 120 bath tubs in instead. Not everyone has to decorate their houses to a set plan or add every feature in them....
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We've been asking for this since the day housing was added. It's such a basic thing. I've been playing Fallout 76 and even that has them. As did Skyrim.

I've never seen a response to the requests. [snip]

@ZOS_RichLambert

[edited for minor bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 15, 2023 6:43PM
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This certainly has been brought up many times in the past.

Heck, I did a complete idea break-down back in June 2019... https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/478489/so-many-motifs-and-more-always-added-an-idea#latest
    (and another earlier, but couldn't find that thread).

Interestingly, re-reading this one, it appears they "kind of" incorporated one of my ideas in the "Armorer Asst", so that's neat.

So yes, these have been asked for previously and I agree would definitely be a nice thing to have in game.

Even if merely to have a place to show off lots of different gear/weapon sets that you've collected.
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • HertoginJanneke
    HertoginJanneke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want all my alts as special quests in my house. Interactable like the banker, so inventory management can be done without switching characters. Then even the retired alts still have a purpose.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zenzuki wrote: »
    This certainly has been brought up many times in the past.

Heck, I did a complete idea break-down back in June 2019... https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/478489/so-many-motifs-and-more-always-added-an-idea#latest
    (and another earlier, but couldn't find that thread).

Interestingly, re-reading this one, it appears they "kind of" incorporated one of my ideas in the "Armorer Asst", so that's neat.

So yes, these have been asked for previously and I agree would definitely be a nice thing to have in game.

Even if merely to have a place to show off lots of different gear/weapon sets that you've collected.

Agree, I knew when posting this that it wasn't an entirely original idea. But given where we are in the state of total set's vs storage space seems more relevant now than ever...

But apparently not, seems this thread has been moved into a corner...
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have never said why they could not make the inside & outside of houses with outside spaces separate instances & therefore have increased limits.

If it enabled an increase in slots, I would be quite happy to have a slight delay going in & out of buildings.

It’s not perfect but could be a compromise.
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have never said why they could not make the inside & outside of houses with outside spaces separate instances & therefore have increased limits.

If it enabled an increase in slots, I would be quite happy to have a slight delay going in & out of buildings.

I've used all 700 spots of the Lunar Champ house just in the Lion's Cradle. Imagine having 2100 more spots for the main and other 2 areas.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because they are not seperate zones. They are the same one.

The interior of a house is usually some meters below the ground.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭

Because they are not seperate zones. They are the same one.

The interior of a house is usually some meters below the ground.

The solution is to make them 2 separate zones then.

Each has their own furniture limits and behaves as an individual house. The only difference is that they have a port to one another in certain areas (where the doors to the inside/outside are)

I would love to have set storage that works like the armory on a mannequin. Everything except the weapons.

Then have a weapon rack for our weapons separately. One weapon rack = 2 staves for front and back bar. OR one weapon rack = 4 daggers (for dual wielding front and back)

If each of these is a crown store purchase, I don't see why ZOS wouldn't try to implement it. That's a lot of extra cash for models that already exist in the game.

All players would use this. Not only people into housing/decorating.