Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[SOLVED] ESO PTS crashes before loading Character Select...

EntropicLynx
EntropicLynx
✭✭✭
Since the new patch of the PTS, I cannot play on the PTS because it crashes before reaching Character Select.

I originally thought this was probably due to an Addon issue, so I completely removed my entire Addons folder, but this did not solve the problem.

This is on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Is anyone else having this issue, and has anyone found a way to get the game to run properly?
Edited by EntropicLynx on October 11, 2022 5:23PM
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you use ReShade?
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • EntropicLynx
    EntropicLynx
    ✭✭✭
    Do you use ReShade?

Yes, I do. Doesn't cause an issue on Live. Does the new PTS not play well with ReShade?
  • EntropicLynx
    EntropicLynx
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it isn't a ReShade issue. I just completely removed ReShade and still get the same problem. It successfully logs in, begins loading to the Character Selection screen, then crashes, triggering a WerFault.exe error (see screenshot).

With ReShade running in the past, I have noticed that the ESO client will temporarily stop responding, but it will only throw up a WerFault error if I try to change to a different program, and even then it will allow me to wait for ESO to start responding again. This crash, however, does not allow that.

bi2thjpsowe7.png

I did, very recently, install Lively and started using it to run a YouTube video as a Live Wallpaper for my computer. I will try disabling that and see if that is causing the problem.
  • EntropicLynx
    EntropicLynx
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, it was Lively causing the issue. As soon as I killed Lively.exe and all of its children processes, ESO PTS worked fine.
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you figured it out!
    There was an older version of ReShade that crashed ESO. But i was also asking in case you also used Daybreak (found on Nexus Mods) because any version higher than 4.9.1 of ReShade will crash ESO if you also have Daybreak installed.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • EntropicLynx
    EntropicLynx
    ✭✭✭
    Glad you figured it out!
    There was an older version of ReShade that crashed ESO. But i was also asking in case you also used Daybreak (found on Nexus Mods) because any version higher than 4.9.1 of ReShade will crash ESO if you also have Daybreak installed.

I'm still running an old version of ReShade, but was thinking of updating it to the latest version. I don't use Daybreak, but I appreciate the info about it. Thanks.