Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 36 - Feedback Thread for Whitestrake’s Mayhem

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Whitestraker’s Mayhem. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • How do you feel about the distribution of rewards during this event?
  • Did anything not function to your expectations?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for fixing the Passion's Muse animation for female characters. I do hope we have one more event to test next week since I'm really excited about more personalities and I want to see all of the animations.

One note about Whitestrake's: the Reachman Cullearn is standing outside of the Impresario's tent again, however it didn't seem like his Black Drake Clanwrap was dropping as part of the rewards this round. Are we only getting the Dufort Banneret and Gloamsedge styles to drop outside of the grab bags? Should he be wearing one of those two styles instead?

I do notice he changed to the Battle Scarred body/face markings though.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ticket Distribution
    As much as I'm pleased to see that all forms of PvPvE are being included in this event celebrating ALL forms of PVP...I'm disappointed to see that the tickets are once more split between Cyrodiil + BGs, and Imperial City.

I far preferred the ticket distribution from Midyear Mayhem Jan/Feb 2020. That event awarded three event tickets for any daily in Cyrodiil, BGs, and Imperial City.

I feel this methodology of "All tickets for any one daily" has the following benefits:
    • As with other events that only require one daily, this is more respectful of players with limited time to play.
    • Players who like PVP can focus on one of the PVP-centric dailies and then be done to PVP however they like.
    • Players who don't like PVP can focus on one of the quicker, less riskier dailies, and then be done.
    • Players who only like one form of PVP can focus on doing the daily from the type of PVP they enjoy.
    • Players who have to queue for Cyrodiil and Imperial City can accomplish all three tickets without having to leave that zone and queue up for the other. Additionally, waiting in queue can take a while depending on the campaign and time of day, so only having to queue once is more respectful of player time.

Lack of Below 50 Imperial City Campaign
    This relates more to the Live event, but its worth considering with your distribution of rewards. You spin up additional campaigns to relieve population pressure, but have never spun up a Below 50 ruleset for Imperial City even though your event requires Below 50 players to go there if they want to fully enjoy your event.

Unlike in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds where low level players can compete with other players also below 50 (in level, anyways, if not necessarily in experience), Imperial City does not have that option anymore. You removed it when you slimmed down the offered campaigns. Yes, there is the No CP Campaign. However, that still involves fighting players in CP 160 gear, so it's not the same situation. You give a Below 50 option for Cyrodiil and BGs, but then require Below 50 players to play with the "big dogs" for the final ticket and the event style? This is a problem. You should either spin up a Below 50 IC Campaign for the duration of the event or remove the requirement to go to IC. Otherwise, it's unfair.

Lack of the Imperial City Event & Double Tel Var
    We did not get an IC Event with Double Tel Var this year. Does the Event Team intend to bring back this event, or will they consider adding the Double Tel Var bonus to Midyear Mayhem to replace the event?

Add a Writ Board to the Sewer Bases
    Many players prefer to pick up all six District dailies
    so we can go into the city and complete as many as possible at once (or in my case, die while working on one, rez in a different district and work on that daily instead). That's an adaptation to the fast-paced PVP in Imperial City. Unlike PVE questing, you can't guarantee that an enemy alliance won't sweep through your district, so you have to stay flexible, rather than tunnel vision on only one daily at a time. Currently, we have to use the ladders to go into all six districts and back into the sewers to pick up the dailies, or about 12 loading screens if we want to be prepared.

It would be a big QOL boost for players (and hopefully less work for the server) if we didn't have to go through 12 loads and could instead pick up all six dailies at once in the sewers.

Thanks for your consideration!