The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS's Refusal to Listen to our Sorcerer Feedback

acastanza_ESO
acastanza_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello? ZOS?

During the leadup to U36, and during this entire PST cycle, we've given you continual feedback on how the lack of any meaningful improvements to magicka-focused Sorcerers - particularly non-pet builds and PVP builds are a slap in the face considering the terrible state of sorcerer in those modalities. Today you're putting out another PTS patch, 8.2.3, with absolutely nothing. Not a single update, tweak, or enhancement. For a class that we've proven is severely lacking. We've given you innumerable suggestions (like reducing/eliminating the cast time on pets, putting major breach on Curse - to address Sorcerer not getting access to offensive debuffs, giving us proper offensive-stat shields scaling) and you've done absolutely nothing.

Not to mention that you've still not addressed how shifting all our pet damage from the pets themselves into maintaining the 6 second Daedric Prey uptime "improves accessibility" from U35 where you unnecessarily nerfed half the sorcerer toolkit.

Why do you consider this acceptable?
  • Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im giving up hope. Hopefully tho they are figuring out what they can do with magsorc but everytime the patch notes drops and no changes to show, my hope goes down. Would be nice if they could tell us if they are working on it or just wanna leave it as it is and no plans for magicka sorcerer. Since so many are telling them that magsorc is in need for changes.
    Edited by Overamera on October 10, 2022 4:48PM
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the fact that we need a non-pet Sorc variant. The game feels lackluster without it.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they are busy buffing nightblade for past 8 patches straight, nothing else seems to be a priority anymore.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Dark Magic skill line is a mess. Crystal Shards (both morphs) gets a lot of attention from ZoS, whether or not one's happy with the particular choices they make in any given patch. But the other 5 active skills are a wasteland. Sorcerer has been my main most of the time since open beta, but there are Dark Magic skills I haven't even considered using for years.
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know where the best place is to post this, but just to illustrate the current status of PvP sorcs I made a small analyze.
    As the 30 day campaigns end in a few hours I just got the numbers of the 4 CP campaigns of PC EU and NA right now.
    (I have no access to PS4/XBOX, but I would appreciate numbers or screenshots of the populated campaigns from there too.)
    I was taking the top100 of each campaign and counted how many of each class are in that top100.

Please keep in mind that you still have to pay for warden and necro ;)

Top100-oct-22.png
    Edited by Zabagad on October 11, 2022 8:49AM
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zabagad wrote: »
    I don't know where the best place is to post this, but just to illustrate the current status of PvP sorcs I made a small analyze.
    As the 30 day campaigns end in a few hours I just got the numbers of the 4 CP campaigns of PC EU and NA right now.
    (I have no access to PS4/XBOX, but I would appreciate numbers or screenshots of the populated campaigns from there too.)
    I was taking the top100 of each campaign and counted how many of each class are in that top100.

Please keep in mind that you still have to pay for warden and necro ;)

Top100-oct-22.png

I would be keen to see how many of those sorcs are mag, stam or "hybrid" which is just stam but with curse.

Also note, sorc is higher on PC NA due to the servers being mostly fixed making the lag and performance issues much less of a problem. Lag disproportionately affects sorc more than any other class due to the severe lack of a class defensive kit.

Lastly, there's a high likelyhood that some of those "top" scores have been inflated by players having their friends boost their scores, so the data is likely not very accurate.

The surprising statistic to me here is how low warden is. Stamden in particular is very strong right now, up there with nb and plar for overall power. that might just be a lack of warden players though with the class (mag especially) being in a bad state for so long.
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »
    Lastly, there's a high likelyhood that some of those "top" scores have been inflated by players having their friends boost their scores, so the data is likely not very accurate.

The surprising statistic to me here is how low warden is. Stamden in particular is very strong right now, up there with nb and plar for overall power. that might just be a lack of warden players though with the class (mag especially) being in a bad state for so long.
    I don't understand the "friend boost" argument and I don't see why this would only effect one class?
    Anyway the data will never be accurate and can only be a small part of the picture for many reasons.

But, I never ever saw so many wardens and for me it is a big surprise (data wise) that one of the pay-classes is on the same level as the 4 originals. (or at least to one of them :( )
    (Btw. I can make some slightly differnet analyze and then warden would be below sorc ;) )
    In all my previous analyzes (I never made one for EU+NA) warden was always only around ~60% of the 4.
    So in my view this count is not low at all and is a clear sign that warden is strong at the moment.

But as I said - it is only a small part of the picture and cannot proof anything on its own.
    Edited by Zabagad on October 11, 2022 3:29PM
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagWarden is uncomparable to Stamwarden right now. You can’t use dizzy/executioner or whirling blades as your spammable/execute on MagWarden, so you have no execute or quick/spammable pressure.

Light armor is garbage right now, and so is MagWarden.