The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

The "FIX" to Faun's Lark in 8.2.3

acastanza_ESO
acastanza_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Fixed an issue where players affected by this set’s Charm could still move freely. Charmed players will now move toward the last location of the Charm caster and stay there until the effects of the Charm have worn off or have ended early by cleansing or using Break Free.

Not a fan of this change. Disabling skills and making me break free, fine. But actually FORCING my character to move? No. So ripe for abuse.
Edited by acastanza_ESO on October 10, 2022 4:32PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the wording of the item, that seemed to be the actual intent of the effect.

Not really any different than the old fear effect, or any knockback effects.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The fear effect that is no longer in the game. Disabling your skills and forcing you to move - from stealth (since everyone WILL combo this with Stage 4 vamp) - is absurdly strong. Not to mention that this would appear to be ANOTHER buff to ballgroups, giving them a tool to pull people into their ultidumps while their skills are disabled.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on October 10, 2022 4:46PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fear effect that is no longer in the game. Disabling your skills and forcing you to move - from stealth (since everyone WILL combo this with Stage 4 vamp) - is absurdly strong.
    Being a NB main since the game launched - if it will work like the "old fear" - I can tell without testing that this set will be broken. Also - I remember how ZOS at some point, a lot of patches ago wanted to add Silence effect on Incap. It existed only in PTS client and never went live, since it was broken.

So, now it seems we will have "an item".... not even a class skill or ulti, no, just "an item" that gives you a Free CC Silence (No cost, not even an ultimate cost) combined with "old fear" that forces the target to run in random direction (often you could get stuck inside a wall) and prohibits them of using any skill or ability. Yekes ! :o

It is not a rocket since that it will be abused as it is not even OP - it just game breaking. There Was a reason why silence on incap never went live. There was a reason why "old fear" was changed...

The only question is, why they are adding it in the 4th PTS run ? So most people would not notice that ? ? ? Idk. ZOS devs are no fools. They know what they are doing. They must know how this set will work and what issues it will cause.

Ehh... I guess it is time to move to No CP (or stop bothering with PvP at all). Once again we have gear that will be stronger that ultis and will keep killing players.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not quite sure what makes them believe such a thing will be positive in any way or capacity on an environment where CC break free is not a thing that reliably works.
  • Eric_Prince
    Eric_Prince
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, it's just the same selling strategy we have for years. They will nerf it to the ground after a few weeks. Just as always.
    To be the Chosen One really sounds like lots of fun,
    But in the end you'll just be someone's lunch
    (c)
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fear effect that is no longer in the game. Disabling your skills and forcing you to move - from stealth (since everyone WILL combo this with Stage 4 vamp) - is absurdly strong. Not to mention that this would appear to be ANOTHER buff to ballgroups, giving them a tool to pull people into their ultidumps while their skills are disabled.

Unless it changed in a recent patch, you cannot stealth run as a Stage 4 Vampire with the Mythic item equipped.

(I had been considering using it for speed running dungeons solo on a vamp for situations when I accidentally run into an npc.)
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Unless it changed in a recent patch, you cannot stealth run as a Stage 4 Vampire with the Mythic item equipped.

(I had been considering using it for speed running dungeons solo on a vamp for situations when I accidentally run into an npc.)

I was able to run invisible with it equipped but it pulls you out of stealth as soon as you touch anything. Regardless, the pull is really slow. If someone’s going to pull people together they’d be better off using an actual aoe pull.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah yes. Lets put a set like this in the game when in cyro it can take multiple attempts to breakfree due to the lag and the action not registering. Gg zos.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

I was able to run invisible with it equipped but it pulls you out of stealth as soon as you touch anything. Regardless, the pull is really slow. If someone’s going to pull people together they’d be better off using an actual aoe pull.

Looks like they changed it thanks for checking and correcting me I should have been less lazy and checked before replying.

It seems like the pull only works some of the time on AI or vs only some AI as I'm only getting followed some of the time.