Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

First impressions

• SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also you can find any armor in any zone, but each zone has specific sets that grant different bonuses. So if you have a set piece on and you want the rest of that set, you'll have to fight delve bosses, public dungeon bosses, anchors, or world bosses in the zone you got that piece. If you don't remember which zone it was, ask zone chat or google it. Or alternatively you can ask here as well.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those zombies etc. are in the Wilding Run area - the roads through that quest area aren't particularly safe, no. But to get to the skyshard near the cliff above the world boss, you do have to navigate through there and do some killing. That's one of the best areas to kill random mobs for one of the Oakensoul leads.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Those zombies etc. are in the Wilding Run area - the roads through that quest area aren't particularly safe, no. But to get to the skyshard near the cliff above the world boss, you do have to navigate through there and do some killing. That's one of the best areas to kill random mobs for one of the Oakensoul leads.

Thanks for the tip! Didn't take long to get it!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    TaSheen wrote: »

Thanks for the tip! Didn't take long to get it!

Glad to hear it helped!

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I don't know about you but I can't wait to eat that chicken and corn I found in an ancient sealed tomb.

Dungeon Fish, in the middle of the Alik'r.... yeah, I'm sure it's safe to eat......

Auldwulfe
  • Harold_Hedd
    Harold_Hedd
    ✭✭✭
    I just went there again to close the time breaches for the Psijic quest and it is still the same hostile environment. Even the harbor city to the west was populated wirh attacking frenzy citizens.

Thanks for ther advice on the quest line and the Oakensouls, I didn't know this.

On the other matter, I have now played a couple of months and have rerached level 50 with CP 50.

I went back to the main quest and enjoyed it immensely. It is really good, with lots of fights and lots of story and rewards.

I also played the Mages Guild and the Fighters Guild main quest lines and they are much like the main quest, wirh lots of fun and story.

But now I miss more quests like those, and I haven't been able to find any so far. I am currently doing the Psijic Order quests with additional visits in to Delves or Dolmens as I pass by .

It is a litle sad though to tag along on a Dolmen when there is 12 -15 - 20 other players lined up and even if I try to play respectfully of others, I sometimes only get to attack twice before the whole ting is finished and it feels embarassing to loot the chest afterwards. I am sorry, but I am a solo player and I haven't had any help so far in the game, other than from the quest characters.

I have also accepted, or got used to running blindly into the Delves, I have even out sprinted some NPCs occasionally.....

I do hate it when the Delves are also overrun by several parties and I have to wait in line untill they are finished. I like to kill the Delve boss myself - but on the other hand it's also very difficult to know whether another player needs help in combat or likes to manage through it alone. I have sometimes healed the player, but if the NPC is almost out of life I try not to interac.

I am missing out on some gear, especially jewelry, due to my solo career, and my crafting skill is only 15. On the other crafts I am high 20 to mid 30.

But all in all I guess I am 70% fun and 30% frustrated.
  • Harold_Hedd
    Harold_Hedd
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe this should be called Second Impresions...

First I would like to suggest a name change to Game of Patience :)

I have now played around 400 hours, I am level 50 and CP 309. I am also level 50 in crafting with minimum 5 traits.
    I have changed race to Breton, I am still a Templar and I have full sets of Mother's Sorrow, Law of Julianos and Order's Wrath, and I still run two Inferno staffs.

I am also still playing solo, and I have sort of ended up farming dolmens and public dungeons. This seems to be the best way for me to gather experience points / CP and materials from deconstructing.

I do not feel that I am ready to join in running dungeons. I am not very high in neither DPS or Tanking and I do not know what role to take on or who would carry me through.

So my philosophy is to keep on gathering CP in order to get stronger and/or more resistant - and it seems I have several months in front of me, before I reach that goal. I will occasionally challenge a world boss as to measure my progress.

But that seems to be the content of the game, not more nor less.

I have done some quests, but I always end up being very frustrated. They are tideous and not very well syncronized between on screnn text and npc behavior. For instance the text states quest completed - talk to someone. Then I run to the marked position only to find noone there, I then run back and find the npc still into a dialogue. Or companiions / allies that are being so close to me that they are in the way and hindering movement or visual, both in combat and in general getting pass them.
    Many times it seems like the game does not respond to the actual on screen action, but is rather slow to react and spawn.

I did also buy the High Isle upgrade in hope of a more interesting or challenging experience and some new and modern input.
    But that is a huge dissapointment, especially considering all the pr and text about the Bretons homeland and history. The main quest is just as bugged and boring as the rest and the region is very small and easily explored. The delves provide mostly Rubedo scraps or foul hide.
    I had definately expected more from a 2022 release, and Caska most take the price for the most failed animations.

I did the Precursor quest and placed the dummy in the Halls of Lunar Champion along with a chest and the armory station, and perhaps I will finish the quest and see what happens with Hall if there are more portals to get access to..

In general the game seems more and more indifferent according to how much I progress. I must have searched 100 bookshelves and not found 1 with a lorebook. Containers seems to have a tendency to provide voidsteel items that doesn't contain any usefull items and have a value of 0 gold. So now I get why players are sprinting through delves. The Psijic portals are almost non existing.

I must admit that I am against the odds of having fun playing this game, so it is understandable to me, and I know that from the beginning I was looking for a different experience. I am not that much into mmo, I still like playing solo, and the game is not a solo player game despite lots of players claiming it to be. I guess if you have the patience and you join in groups to run dungeons and trials and collect a lot of gear, then you can play solo, but wathcing all those videos none of them are doing it with craftable sets and it would take a lot of time getting enough gold to buy them.

On top of that I am on a Mac computer with an ARM-based M! processor, and according to the "Letter from Mattt", the game is too old and too complex to be updated to new technology.

The maintenace patches seems to be fixing some problems, but then creates others.

I must acknowledge that my expectations and hardware are dinosaurs on the path of extinction......... perhaps when TES 6 or The Witcher 4 is released in years from now, I could look into a gaming console to get more options.
  • MorganaBlue
    MorganaBlue
    ✭✭✭
    I guess if you have the patience and you join in groups to run dungeons and trials and collect a lot of gear, then you can play solo, but wathcing all those videos none of them are doing it with craftable sets and it would take a lot of time getting enough gold to buy them.

You can't buy dungeon or trial gear sets in guild stores - you can only get them by running dungeons and doing trials.
    As you stated, this game is only solo friendly for questing and anything unrrelated to organized group content.You have to compromise on your solo dimension if you want to do other content.
    Having said that, you're fine going into a normal dungeon or trial with your crafted gear until you manage to farm your sets of choice, and a nice friendly casual guild can help ....but then you're no longer playing solo.
    The maintenace patches seems to be fixing some problems, but then creates others.
    Welcome to ESO. Every patch they break something trying to fix something else. Expect it. :)
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You will never find Lore Books (that count for the Mages' Guild advancement) in book shelves. Lore Books for the Mages' Guild are always single books or scrolls somewhere in the world that have a slight blue glow around them that vanishes when you read them.
    In book shelves, you can sometimes (randomly) find books that give you +1 on a certain skill line but the number of these skill books is limited.

Don't be too concerned with gear. The sets you listed are good until way into the end game. You're totally okay to get into normal and (depending on yourself, not your gear) some veteran dungeons.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gear is a bit Catch-22. You want the gear that drops in the group dungeons, in order to join the groups that do those dungeons. That is why there are guilds, in theory, but you need to find one that wants to help you, rather than shuts you out because you can’t help them.

On the other hand, you can play solo with equipment you can get or make solo. And to many, the end-game is housing.
  • MorganaBlue
    MorganaBlue
    ✭✭✭
    The sets you listed are good until way into the end game.

No.