What are Stadia players supposed to do?

• ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    As per google stadia faq they will be refunding game purchases, and won't refund stadia pro and in-game purchases and currencies, crowns in case of eso. (lucky me i have already free pro until it ends :neutral: ).

Some studios are working on account transfers just because their game saves are only on stadia or servers are locked only for stadia, or games are stadia exclusive.

ESO itself has no reasons to work for save games - account transfers, as saves are already server based and they are on ESO PC servers.

How purchases will be treated by ZOS i'm more curios, will it be enough getting only base game to unlock everything purchased on Stadia... As in my case i already own all chapter and some are CE edition, but to be sure i've got Full game CE on Blackwood sale through Stadia...

What will happen and will ESO PC appear again on cloud service is to early to know considering how Stadia shut down was announced.
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Graphics cards are cheap at the moment since Ethereum mining ended, maybe its time to build that dream gaming rig you always wanted.

In unrelated news, I have about 8 graphics cards I need to sell :D
    Options
  • Lailaamell
    Lailaamell
    ✭✭✭
    As per google stadia faq they will be refunding game purchases, and won't refund stadia pro and in-game purchases and currencies, crowns in case of eso. (lucky me i have already free pro until it ends :neutral: ).

Some studios are working on account transfers just because their game saves are only on stadia or servers are locked only for stadia, or games are stadia exclusive.

ESO itself has no reasons to work for save games - account transfers, as saves are already server based and they are on ESO PC servers.

How purchases will be treated by ZOS i'm more curios, will it be enough getting only base game to unlock everything purchased on Stadia... As in my case i already own all chapter and some are CE edition, but to be sure i've got Full game CE on Blackwood sale through Stadia...

What will happen and will ESO PC appear again on cloud service is to early to know considering how Stadia shut down was announced.

microsoft would probly rather see xcloud support only wich will run xbox port over pc as the only service iknow of wich isnt legally dubious like boosteroid is geforce now but as microsoft dont want to support compeditors so its a never honestly
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    I've heard of another publisher helping Stadia users transfer things to PC. Give Microsoft/ZOS time. Maybe they'll come up with a way to help people also. Then again maybe not. But if another big company is doing it and enough people ask for it maybe they'll feel some pressure to do something.

If there's anyone who only has the Stadia version and doesn't already have the game on PC maybe ZOS could let them have a copy, they wouldn't have to restart or lose anything because Stadia uses the PC servers so all the account data is still there.

But the problem for a lot of people who use Stadia is they don't have a PC which can run ESO, or use Stadia when they can't get to their PC. That's not really something ZOS can fix.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's to hoping they get the game fixed on their own streaming platform. There's been no update in 8-months that I know of.
    Options
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    At least wait for cyber monday to buy components and build your own pc
    Options
  • lemonbalm
    lemonbalm
    Soul Shriven
    Has anyone heard what happens to the ESO plus paid through Stadia that doesn't expire until after January? I already have PC version linked.
    Options
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although it won't happen the least ZOS could do is transfer your accounts to PC or Console. Although I'd suggest PC.
    Options
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    buy a used business machine, put a rx 6400 low profile card in it and some extra ram and maybe an nvme and youre off to the races.

bough my used sff i7 7700 for 200 off ebay some months ago. any components put into it can transfer to the upgrade in a couple of years when windows 10 dies.
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If zos handles this right they will offer a 1x transfer to a platform of choice for Stadia accounts.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    If zos handles this right they will offer a 1x transfer to a platform of choice for Stadia accounts.

Transfers are impossible and in many cases would not actually help.

Stadia already accesses PC servers, so transferring a Stadia account to PC is not possible. Stadia users need a different platform to access their accounts. ZOS could offer the base game for free to Stadia users, as their data and entitlements are already available on the PC servers and they would not need to unlock or redo anything there. But that isn’t a transfer, and it doesn’t do any good for people who do not have and cannot afford the hardware to run it on a PC/Mac.

ZOS is already on record as saying they cannot transfer data between PC and console servers now that they’re populated. They would have to build a specific tool for that, and they currently have no intention of creating that tool. Maybe Stadia will prompt them to do so, in which case they’d have to work quickly to get it ready by January, but it doesn’t change the current reality that transfers are impossible.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere else but I just saw this on Twitter:

A message to our ESO Stadia players:

"Since the news of Stadia shutting down, Bethesda Softworks and ZeniMax Online Studios have been discussing next steps for our Elder Scrolls Online Stadia players and we appreciate your patience.

We are happy to share that our Stadia players will be able to transfer their ESO accounts to PC, bringing with them all of their progress, including but not limited to existing characters, purchased items, achievements, and inventory. Since Stadia players already play ESO on our PC servers, all of their friends and guilds will be waiting for them once they complete the transfer.

We will have more information on how to do this soon, so please stay tuned."

I think technically this isn't an account/server transfer since Stadia already uses the PC servers; the account data won't be going anywhere. But they'll be giving Stadia players a way to access their existing accounts using a PC.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard of another publisher helping Stadia users transfer things to PC. Give Microsoft/ZOS time. Maybe they'll come up with a way to help people also. Then again maybe not. But if another big company is doing it and enough people ask for it maybe they'll feel some pressure to do something.
    That is for single player game there the save in on the stadia server, ESO saves is on the ESO server.
    Many stadia users used it to play ESO then away from their gaming pc.

Edited by zaria on October 6, 2022 3:22PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good news above I guess for Stadia users who have or can get a gaming PC.
    Options
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    maybe I can hope that PS goes belly up and I can finally transfer my PS account to PC :D
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
    Options
  • allup8679
    allup8679
    ✭✭✭

For the rest of us that don't want to, or can't, we get nothing.
    Options
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very true. You can send a letter to Google to complain about them canceling their service.
    I was on PC and had pretty much done everything. I decided to start over on Xbox so I could more conveniently play downstairs in front of my main TV. If you like the game it's not that big of a deal having/getting to do everything over again. Although if you're 1 of the people who spends thousands of dollars on Crowns I imagine it will be a bigger deal for you. I don't have ESO+ and I don't buy crowns and enjoy the game fully.
    Edited by malistorr on October 6, 2022 3:42PM
    Options
  • allup8679
    allup8679
    ✭✭✭
    I played at launch on PS4. That died and I moved to Stadia because of the price point. This past Xmas we got an XBox Series X because my sons and I all game. It's accessible to everyone. I'm not really looking forward to grinding everything for a third time.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    allup8679 wrote: »

That's down to Google, they're the company that has withdrawn the service, not ZOS. I guess it rather depends on what Google meant when saying they would provide refunds.
    Options
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish they had a way to move all you info between platforms but I guess that isn't a big enough profit for them. I'm sure they make more if you have to do everything all over again.
    Options
  • allup8679
    allup8679
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    allup8679 wrote: »

That's down to Google, they're the company that has withdrawn the service, not ZOS. I guess it rather depends on what Google meant when saying they would provide refunds.

Yeah. I understand that. I'm just pointing out how frustrating it is for people like me.
    Options
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere else but I just saw this on Twitter:

"Since the news of Stadia shutting down, Bethesda Softworks and ZeniMax Online Studios have been discussing next steps for our Elder Scrolls Online Stadia players and we appreciate your patience.

We are happy to share that our Stadia players will be able to transfer their ESO accounts to PC, bringing with them all of their progress, including but not limited to existing characters, purchased items, achievements, and inventory. Since Stadia players already play ESO on our PC servers, all of their friends and guilds will be waiting for them once they complete the transfer.

I think technically this isn't an account/server transfer since Stadia already uses the PC servers; the account data won't be going anywhere. But they'll be giving Stadia players a way to access their existing accounts using a PC.

here, has option to get notifications on email https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57183
    Options
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can get a decent PC pretty cheap these days.

Gotta say, I was a Google fan, now not.

Had all my music loaded to Google Music. It was amazing until they shut it down.

Hey...our world (especially anything IT related) comes and goes. Kinda like life.
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some people it might be worth looking again at getting a PC which can run ESO. The game is 8 years old now, didn't require top-of-the-line hardware when it was released and various recent events (mainly new graphics cards being released and crypto markets repeatedly crashing) have made older and mid-range graphics cards cheaper and easier to find than they were even a few months ago. The graphics card is likely to be the most expensive part so that will be a big help.

I appreciate that won't be an option for everyone, there's been times (not that long ago) where if my PC had died there's absolutely no way I could have afforded to fix or replace it with one that could run ESO. Luckily I managed to keep my old one limping along until I could afford a new one, but I know it can be easier said than done.

But if you've got some money to spend on a PC and really want to keep playing ESO I think it's worth looking at what you could get. (Also building one yourself isn't as hard as it seems, especially these days when there's lots of videos and guides online for exactly how to do it.)

Options
  • orgin_stadia
    orgin_stadia
    ✭✭✭
    All of this is possible to Right Now. They aren't offering anything you can't already do in that message. I linked up Stadia and PC about 2 years ago and have been able to play on both platforms with the same dlc's, eso+ and characters ever since.

Beyond perhaps a free copy of the base game (which is still totally unclear in that message) that message offers exactly nothing new. It seems more like they want to be seen as doing something, but they actually aren't.

Danikat wrote: »

Options
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me (someone who has decent pc) Stadia is convenience:
    - it is "plug and play" - no login and password,
    - no waiting - less than second login screens between zones,
    - easy switch between multiple accounts,
    - easy to have multiple accounts in-game at the same time,
    - no need to "fire up" pc to get daily endeavors or tickets,
    - even on the go,
    - less options for drivers or hardware related bugs...
    Options
  • orgin_stadia
    orgin_stadia
    ✭✭✭
    For me (someone who has decent pc) Stadia is convenience:
    - it is "plug and play" - no login and password,
    - no waiting - less than second login screens between zones,
    - easy switch between multiple accounts,
    - easy to have multiple accounts in-game at the same time,
    - no need to "fire up" pc to get daily endeavors or tickets,
    - even on the go,
    - less options for drivers or hardware related bugs...

Yes, playing on a single device (And PC at that) is not very interesting. While a lot of people probably chose to play ESO on stadia because they can't afford a PC, alot of people also chose stadia for the convenience of playing on whatever device they wanted to (Linuxes, mac, chromebooks, phones, tables, tvs) and without having to bother with installations and downloads.

If Zos/bethesda want to do something that would actually matter, then it would be to allow the PC version on geforce now again. Mac users happy, former stadians happy and pc players can still do their daily writs from a phone if they want to. But with Microsoft running the show I find that possibility remote at best since they want to lock people into their own services
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, since Microsoft has their own cloud-based gaming platform I think the most likely option is ESO running on that. But Xbox Cloud is still in Beta and currently only works with console games, so it could be years before that's an option.

I think Stadia has shown there is demand for cloud-based gaming, even if it's not ready to be The Next Big Thing which completely replaces consoles and gaming PCs like some people predicted. Importantly I think a company like Microsoft don't need it to be a big thing in it's own right because they could advertise it as an addition to their existing services so it might actually work out better for them. (Also Microsoft generally seems more patient with developing new systems than Google.)

Options
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^^ This. MS is not selling xcloud as product, but as feature. As for being in beta - general differences between its closed beta and now is number of games, number of games with phone touch and gyro support and optimization for low speed networks. (Edit: and I've been happy with it all this time.)

Stadia technology (not Stadia itself) has been used for beta tests, last one I was had, 1500+ people* simultaneously logged in same instance (nda)...

* *cough* cyro with 200 people...
    Edited by ghost_bg_ESO on October 7, 2022 10:05PM
    Options