The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Launcher will not open

Blade7606
Blade7606
I am not able to open the game launcher after downloading it from the main account page (download game client). A moderator suggested to rename the file "ProgramData" to "ProgramDataBackup" within the Launcher file itself. It didn't work for me. I'm on windows 8, tried running in windows 7 compatibility mode, running as an administrator and deleting / reinstalling the launcher setup 3-4 times, twice in the default download location. No matter if I use the desktop icon or going in and opening the file as an admin it will not open. It does appear in task manager and the icon on the bottom right hand of my start bar if I expand it but it goes away after about 30 seconds. Is anyone have a similar issue or know a fix for this?
  • TheRiddler
    i am having the same thing even the support team can't find out what is up
  • TheRiddler
    my friend is also having the same thing
  • Sgt_C
    Sgt_C
    Soul Shriven
    I am running AVG Internet Security. I had to disable it to get the client to run. I disabled for 10 minutes, once it's running it seems to be ok. I created an exception for the launcher exe but I have not tried it out yet. It's downloading now, so I am leaving well enough alone.
  • TheRiddler
    okay thank you thats what my friend and i are running so we will try this out
  • liberatorbo
    Same issue, It appears in task manager for about 30 seconds and then disappears. Other than seeing it in task manager, there is no other indication that you clicked on it.
  • Naysin
    Naysin
    I am having a similar issue. I have the client downloaded and patched. When I click "play" the game doesn't launch and no error message or anything is displayed. I re-installed the launcher from the account page 2 times now and the same thing keeps happening. Whats up??

I Put in a support ticket that has yet to be responded to.
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, everyone. If you haven't yet, be sure to create a help ticket so that a member of our Support Team can help troubleshoot the issue. For those of you who have already created a ticket, our Support Team will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Thank you all for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Calaban
    Calaban
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem. I'm also running AVG.

If I keep trying it will eventually open, but it's a pain.

Sometimes it works the very first time, other times I have to keep trying. Very strange.
    Edited by Calaban on March 30, 2014 9:35PM
  • Blade7606
    Blade7606
    @Sgt_C I have AVG as well and have disabled it temporarily and made an exception, it has loaded the launcher for me. Thank you so much! I should have done this earlier
  • Sgt_C
    Sgt_C
    Soul Shriven
    Good to hear that it worked! I have not had a problem with an anti-virus interfering in such a long time that I forgot to try that the first time out.