The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

When will the next big combat shift happen?

BahometZ
BahometZ
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm wondering how much effort I should put into learning rotations in the current long, weak DoT meta, if it's just going to change again soon. Usually I'll work on parses for most of my characters over the course of a patch, but I don't really like the current combat direction. I don't want to abandon the few raid groups I have left, so I'll probably just stick to one or two classes I suppose.
Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BahometZ wrote: »
    I'm wondering how much effort I should put into learning rotations in the current long, weak DoT meta, if it's just going to change again soon. Usually I'll work on parses for most of my characters over the course of a patch, but I don't really like the current combat direction. I don't want to abandon the few raid groups I have left, so I'll probably just stick to one or two classes I suppose.

probably the Q1 or Q3 updates of 2023. Q2 will be focused on the new chapter and its not likely going to have any combat changes.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bet there will be no big combat changes in 2023. I think that not only playerbase are tired by constant changes, but also combat team, so there will be probably only smaller adjustments for many updates. There is also time to make them some new things (new class, skill lines, new combat features, etc.) and they can't balance base combat forever.

I just wait for content balance for new system, they should nerf some of hardest content and we will be fine.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Ghaleb
    Ghaleb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet there will be no big combat changes in 2023. I think that not only playerbase are tired by constant changes, but also combat team, so there will be probably only smaller adjustments for many updates. There is also time to make them some new things (new class, skill lines, new combat features, etc.) and they can't balance base combat forever.

That was also said for 2022 regarding big, sweeping combat changes and it didn’t hold up. So I doubt that to be fair.

Additionally, there will not be any new classes or skill lines, etc as the further addition is hamstrung by older consoles and limited RAM if I recall correctly. So no new additions here as well.
    I just wait for content balance for new system, they should nerf some of hardest content and we will be fine.

Which relates to one of my first replies to the 10% nerf of vet boss health in U35. Why nerf the dmg output and health of bosses in content to cope with the dmg nerf in U35, to make the same content again more playable? ZOS could simply have skipped U35 and we would be on the same page.

Reminds me of that Q&A or vision they were talking about and still nothing to be seen 5 weeks after go-live of U35 and 11 weeks since the combat preview.

Edit: typo
    Edited by Ghaleb on September 29, 2022 7:58AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ghaleb wrote: »

That was also said for 2022 regarding big, sweeping combat changes and it didn’t hold up. So I doubt that to be fair.

Additionally, there will not be any new classes or skill lines, etc as the further addition is hamstrung by older consoles and limited RAM if I recall correctly. So no new additions here as well.

Which relates to one of my first replies to the 10% nerf of vet boss health in U35. Why nerf the dmg output and health of bosses in content to cope with the dmg nerf in U35, to make the same content again more playable? ZOS could simply have skipped U35 and we would be on the same page.

Reminds me of that Q&A or vision they were talking about and still nothing to be seen 5 weeks after go-live of U35 and 11 weeks since the combat preview.

Yes console only have ram for stuff like recolored ponies and apparently now the new customized actions.
    But not for new classes.

Clearly zos is not constantly adding new assets such as textures and animations to the game and just use tho whole console ram thing as an excuse.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nobody knows because they won't share what their vision is. The "combat previews" that they do share end up being something drastically different from what they end up doing.

If they followed any sense of direction they would have finished the hybridization changes they started earlier this year but never fully finished. I fully expected them to deliver the hybrid alchemy changes back in U35 but here we are in U36 with nothing else to say about the unfinished reworks.
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Ghaleb wrote: »

Yes console only have ram for stuff like recolored ponies and apparently now the new customized actions.
    But not for new classes.

Clearly zos is not constantly adding new assets such as textures and animations to the game and just use tho whole console ram thing as an excuse.

if i remember it's not ram, but vram limitations that preclude adding more player combat animations that constantly need to be in there and cant be loaded as needed...

ponies, emotes,.. can be loaded when needed. a lil delay wont hurt. player skills cant.

ZOS aint stupid. they full well know that new class or combat skill lines would get way more excitement and sales than a card game. them not doing it is pretty good indicator it aint just an excuse..
    ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully not for 2 years, but knowing ZoS it could be next month.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Q1 2023. The cycle of hole digging and hole filling must continue.
    PC EU
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The next combat change will likely be U37. It will most likely change things in such a way that it will force 90% of people to change their builds again. They will do this despite the fatigue, as it is the only way they can make the core gameplay feel remotely fresh, as they have no intention of ever adding new skills or classes, which is essentially a death sentence for an mmo.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q1 2023. The cycle of hole digging and hole filling must continue.

From that disturbed soil accounts in other games tend to sprout. Growth! ;)
  • Jofootballo
    Jofootballo
    ✭✭✭

HAHAHAHHAHSHCJJQONFJFJIQOFOJWBEBBFOOHCV
  • warich
    warich
    ✭✭✭
    Stick to one or two classes (I suggest 2 in case your main gets gutted like warden did). Combat changes drastically with little notice, it always has. There's no consistency and no final vision.