The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

High Isle event and companions

• Treselegant
    Treselegant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if you have to use a certain companion for the entirety of the quest, it's just.. for a 2 week long event.

It's such a small thing, I wouldn't have any problems with it even if I were required to use Ember, who is still like level 1 or so, to do it.

Making me take out two companions I can't even stand the sound of is really going to make me feel warm and fuzzy towards High Isle. It's just pointless. If it's not a big deal why is it even a requirement in the first place. Companion choice is personal to the player and should not be dictated too, especially when the gear that drops is not bound to any particular companion.
    Edited by Treselegant on September 29, 2022 2:48PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you just had to remember to take out Isobel or Ember for 2 seconds at any point in the day, it would be annoying but whatever. However, if you forget to take them out when you open the gold box for the day, I am pretty sure you are out of luck. Or if you take out a banker ally before turning in quest, and forget to re-summon Isobel or Ember, you will miss out. It just feels like an unnecessary and annoying hoop to jump through, especially since it can't even drive sales! If you are turning in a High Isle quest, you already own the Chapter with Isobel and Ember!
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The legendary companion gear only comes from the big reward box you get one time at the end of the event, why are people so worked up over the possibly missing a -chance- to have (not legendary) companion gear drop from the daily boxes?
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's such an odd requirement. As Wolf_Eye says it can't really be to encourage High Isle sales because you can't do the event without it, so then what's the point?

Because you might pass on the chapter if you didn't see that to boost your Blackwood companions' gear you needed to do this event?
  • Treselegant
    Treselegant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JavaRen wrote: »
    The legendary companion gear only comes from the big reward box you get one time at the end of the event, why are people so worked up over the possibly missing a -chance- to have (not legendary) companion gear drop from the daily boxes?

It's up to purple quality companion gear which can be really expensive to buy from guilds, so it's worth trying to get it from these boxes. However, it only drops if you have the High Isle companions with you which is just pointless and pushes you into using them when you don't want to.

It's not like when you decide to turn in a quest with a companion present to get their rapport/guild skills up because that is the players choice. In this case it is the devs choice being imposed on you which is why it is annoying. In the past events the gear drops occured regardless of which companion you had out at the time which made sense but this really doesn't. It just suggests to me that those in charge never even considered that not everyone is a big fan of the new companions.
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This event offers me a chance to get rewards that are also available in normal gameplay, but requires a specific activity to receive them. I don't like that activity so the event is poorly constructed." Got it.
  • Treselegant
    Treselegant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This event offers me a chance to get rewards that are also available in normal gameplay, but requires a specific activity to receive them. I don't like that activity so the event is poorly constructed." Got it.

"It doesn't bother me therefore it isn't any issue for anyone". Got it.
    Edited by Treselegant on September 29, 2022 6:29PM
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I fully understand that this is an issue for some players. Just like every past event that rewarded behavior that some players didn't care for was an issue for those players.
  • Treselegant
    Treselegant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I fully understand that this is an issue for some players. Just like every past event that rewarded behavior that some players didn't care for was an issue for those players.

So...what exactly was your point of here and how did it add to anything? The issue was explained to you then but then you responded in a dismissive way. I mean..ok? :|
    Edited by Treselegant on September 29, 2022 6:56PM
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are correct, this is obviously not the discussion for me. Here's to happy gaming and hopes that everyone finds their way to enjoy the event.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Khoraak_StormCat
    High Isle is the zone which features two companions; Ember, (an ADORABLE, CUTE Khajiit!), and Isobel, who is a Knightly, Breton aspirant.

Both quests to unlock the characters give the player a really fun experience and a great introduction to the theme of the High Isle zone.

Since there is an event on, which celebrates High Isle and everything in it, it goes without saying that the two featured companions should get a staring role in the shenanigans which take place there!

I personally recommend visiting Tor Draioch, to the north east of the main harbour town of Gonfalon, whereby you will encounter some magical shennanigan-duggery!

The Chapter known as 'Blackwood' also features two companions; Miri and Bastion. However, since this event is focused on the release of the latest chapter, High Isle, it stands to reason that the new companions, Ember and Isobel, have their turn to introduce themselves to the player, just like Miri and Bastion did for the release of Blackwood. Back then, there were no other companions to choose from, but now there are new companions which Zos want to introduce us to, who are relevant to the chapter and its storylines.

Anyway, it keeps the event on a level playing field for everyone to enjoy the rewards without OP companions out-competing players who are using the new companions, who aren't as levelled up...
    Edited by Khoraak_StormCat on October 3, 2022 9:20AM
    Hindsight connects us to the past, the now and what is yet to be. It is a circle that belongs in all time and grants us the opportunity to learn always. It is acceptable to keep one eye on the past, as long as the other eye is focussed on the future.
  • Treselegant
    Treselegant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not worth it. Please delete.
    Can we also close the thread? Topic is done and has been discussed elsewhere.
    Edited by Treselegant on October 4, 2022 1:24AM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings everyone,

As this thread has run its course and the original poster requested it, we are now going to close it.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.