The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Outfit Style Concerns

tomofhyrule
tomofhyrule
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Let's face it - Fashion Scrolls is the true endgame.

However, it seems that this year has taken a different tack. We seem to be getting less in terms of motifs in favor of event outfit styles, and the latest two event styles are missing slots.

Each chapter we've had since Elsweyr gave us two motifs that dropped from overland (one right away, one on a time delay) and one more from the trial:
  • Elsweyr: Anequina from delve/WB dailies, then Pellitine from dragon dailies and Sunspire from trial
  • Greymoor: Blackreach Vanguard from delve/WB dailies, then Greymoor from Harrowstorms and Sea Giant from trial
  • Blackwood: Ivory Brigade from delve dailies, then Black Fin Legion from WB dailies and Sul-Xan from trial
  • High Isle: Steadfast Society from WB dailies, and soon Systres Guardian from delve dailies and Syrabanic Marine from trial
note that I'm not counting the Ancestral motifs from treasure map leads, of which we had three from Greymoor (Ancestral Altmer/Nord/Orc) and then one each from Blackwood (Ancestral Akaviri) and High Isle (Ancestral Breton).

The Q4 DLC always brought three motifs that could be obtained through dailies and other events. Again, one released with the DLC and then the other two were on a time delay:
  • SElsweyr: Dragonguard from Dragonguard dailies, then Shield of Senchal from delve/WB dailies and New Moon Priest from the Dragonguard chest
  • Markarth: Arkthzand Armory from delve/WB dailies, then Nighthollow from Harrowstorms and Wayward Guardian from Wayward dailies
  • Deadlands: House Hexos from delve dailies, then Fargrave Guardian from WB dailies and Annihilarch's Chosen from portals
  • Firesong: nothing from release, then eventually House Mornard from delve/WB dailies and Firesong from vents.
again, this is not counting the Ancestral motifs, which we got one in Markarth (Ancestral Reach) and one from Deadlands (Ancient Daedric), but none in Firesong.

Now I have noticed that every event lately has brought an outfit/weapon style of its own, and these are not repeating. While this seems like a decent tradeoff, my concern is the fact that the events have lately started to cap the number of gold pages dropped per day, and then they rarely come back for later events. This makes many of these styles have a limited pool, and makes them inaccessible (or at least prohibitively expensive) to players who start playing after said event. And in terms of daily reward boxes, I personally like to collect motifs as a reward for dailies, so the lack of a motif dropping on release makes me uninspired to start running the daily quests. After all, we have few furnishings to drop in the first patch as well, which means that all we really have to look forawrd to in the Firesong daily boxes is overland gear, which means once our stickerbooks are filled (which will not take long) then we're just getting decon fodder from boxes.

Another concern I had was the latest two event styles we saw on PTS: Saarthal Scholar from the Skyrim event and Evergreen armor from New Life. Both of these are coming with only six slots instead of seven - Saarthal Scholar is missing a sash, and Evergreen does not come with a shoulder style. We've seen this before - there's no girdle for the Knight of the Circle style, and the Seamount Raider from the new crown crates is also missing a belt.

We as players have been begging for the ability to hide slots on our armor for ages the same way that helms can be hidden in the outfit system, and waist and shoulder armor are the two most requested to hide. Now the art team is making styles that are specifically not using these? That means we will never be able to use them as the art team envisioned without unequipping certain armor slots. If the trend of getting outfit styles that are 'missing' a slot continues, could the programming team please consider finally bringing the 'hide shoulder/waist/any slot' system to live? There have been screenshots of that functionality in dev builds, and now we're getting outfit styles that were designed by the art team without certain elements.

Please let us hide shoulders/belts/other slots if you're not going to be including them in the outfit styles in the first place!
  • MurkyWetWolf198
    MurkyWetWolf198
    ✭✭✭
    Dude. Total agree, but how dare you remind me how long I've spent at the outfit station. I don't need that guilt weighing on my soul, knowing I wasted so much of my life on fictional drip lmao
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems that this whole year has been phoned in: less motifs, less furniture, less housing, and barely anything new in the store outside of crown crates. Barely anything is Breton, let alone High Isle themed. Lots of reskins It just feels very "the absolute minimum". And as someone who likes Bretons, knights, druids and pirates, it feels kinda like a letdown.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Although you're of course right about Galen not having a new daily quest motif on release, there's also a new style page set for Tales of Tribute "Pelin's Avenger," tying it up at 3.

It seems like the obvious choice, a new druid motif, is instead being put in the upcoming druidy crates that were datamined for December/January.

I can accept 1-2 fewer motifs at launch for an increase in event style pages.

But without a new motif on launch, not sure what the financial incentive to doing the Galen dailies is. At least there's still farming for achievements, antiquities, and the new Druid deck. But my efficiency!! RIP

Personally, I find new style pages the same value for me as new motifs, since I just want the cosmetics.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner