The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Launcher and reinstall issue [Fixed]

Belazaar
Belazaar
I haven't been able to get the launcher to work. At first I was getting a error message that "Window Time Out". Then I was getting nothing.

I've tried disabling firewalls and security software. I've made sure the proxy wasn't checked. I've open the ports. I've renamed the ProgramData. And it is set to use administrator.

Then I started to reinstall. I download the new launcher and and same thing, so I can't install the game.

I see it start up in the Task Manager, but then it just quits.

I first emailed support yesterday about this when I was just trying to update the game. I've been at it today since 7am.

What else can I do?

Update: Support had me use MSconfig to do a clean boot and I was able to get the launcher and game installed.

I then was able to isolate the issue to Panda Security URL phishing protection I think, that was then only thing I removed and it worked after than.

Just thought I wanted undate in case anyone else still had issues.
Edited by Belazaar on April 6, 2014 9:43AM
  • Belazaar
    Belazaar
    Is there any update on the launcher and install issues?
  • killerdudeninja
    Same problem!!!! AHHHH!!! lolz but seriously not loading or anything
  • Belazaar
    Belazaar
    No I see it start in the Task manager, then just leaves.

When I first download the new installer, the launcher came up and installed the DirectX, but then nothing.
  • madrew55
    madrew55
    Ive got the same problem sent the requests for help from Customer Support so far no response at all :(
  • Belazaar
    Belazaar
    I did get a response, they asked some question like location and what megaserver and for some files.

I had an issue on another game like this. Turns out there was a connection up stream that was blocking certain traffic, why only a subgroup is having it happen. The game had to contact them or their ISP did to get them to free it up.

Would be nice if they would at least add some type of error message instead of just killing the process.
  • Belazaar
    Belazaar
    Is there any update on the launcher issue?

I haven't seen any post or gotten any response from support since Sunday.

I've sent them the files and answered their questions.

Now nothing.