The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion: "Dive Deep into Firesong & More During the Legacy of the Bretons Autumn Event"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
ke1p0zogv77q.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for, "Dive Deep into Firesong & More During the Legacy of the Bretons Autumn Event"

"Tune in to the Legacy of the Bretons Autumn Event livestream and you’ll uncover new information on the Firesong DLC and 2022’s adventures to come!"

Update: The livestream will be on https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda. Linking here for easier access.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on September 30, 2022 8:42PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about the in-game event? There is usually a Chapter-themed event to end Q3 with event tickets and a community goal (Kill X dragons, Excavate X antiquities, etc.). Will that happen in sync with these streaming events?
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Heroes of High Isle should start somewhere in September too, and 29th is the only day when it can now.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Dagoth_Rac You'll have to stay tuned to the forum and social channels for more news on those things. Nothing to announce right here. This announcement is just focusing on the streaming event. But... you should watch for some fun stuff and announcements ;)
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @Dagoth_Rac You'll have to stay tuned to the forum and social channels for more news on those things. Nothing to announce right here. This announcement is just focusing on the streaming event. But... you should watch for some fun stuff and announcements ;)

@ZOS_Kevin
    • Will developers be taking questions, if so, what topics should those questions be focused on?
    • Which words/topics (PVP, U35, etc.) will be subject to Twitch moderation during the stream?
    Edited by Destai on September 22, 2022 5:20PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Calling a bunch of Twitch streams an "event" is misleading. I was looking for details on something in game, but this seems to not be that.

Fine for having this of course, but confusing.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit loves give-aways, but is saddened to already have that pet. Could senche pet not have been something new? That is kind of disappointing. Ah well, would rather play game than watch others play game anyway :)
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some feedback.

Would be great if you could put the news in these news posts. Who really benefits from us getting redirected to the official website?

Great to see stream times in GMT + x. I was bored of having to do another search to translate your local time to mine.

This specific article really feels a bit vacuous... it gives nothing to be excited for, except a reused pet that has nothing to do with the thing you want us to care about. I'm not complaining, but I believe if you were excited for the reveal you might have a theme, and so I think you don't really care.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @FlopsyPrince: We will be announcing our in-game events for the remainder of the year here and some fun out of game events the community team has been working on. And just for clarity, we often use "in-game event" for events like Heroes of High Isle as a way to avoid miscommunication. But for us, the livestream is an "event" where we are sharing some cool stuff with the community, hence why we used the term. Our intention was not to mislead.

@Dagoth_Rac Heroes of High Isle info was just shared. Here you go.

@Destai We will have a Dev on to talk about Galen and Firesong as a whole. If we notice any relevant questions, we can point those out, but this event is pretty structured. So if you do ask questions, they should be kept to Firesong, Update 36, or the events/promotions mentioned during the stream itself.

And as noted with moderation, spamming or repeating a question over and over are the bigger offenses. Actions that are disruptive to chat and for hosts. But you are free to chat and ask questions about topic appropriate items. Like mentioned before, those that are relevant to the livestream. If there are any issues with moderation, please let us know post-stream and we can address in our follow-up meetings places where we can improve.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Jim_Pipp We direct everyone to the website as a way to make sure everyone understands that the website is the official place for players to get information. Otherwise, we would have information scattered across several mediums. Having everyone go to the source of our information ensures everyone is seeing the same information across the board, regardless if they use the forums or social media to get this information.

As for the event, we have been planning this for months. Players often do not see the time and work involved in putting these together, so do not assume this was put together in a vacuous manner. The team is really pumped to share everything we've been working on. If we were not excited, we would not do the event at all.
    Staff Post
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @FlopsyPrince: We will be announcing our in-game events for the remainder of the year here and some fun out of game events the community team has been working on. And just for clarity, we often use "in-game event" for events like Heroes of High Isle as a way to avoid miscommunication. But for us, the livestream is an "event" where we are sharing some cool stuff with the community, hence why we used the term. Our intention was not to mislead.

I did not mean to sound like I was coming against you. I appreciate your efforts and think you may have an impossible job. I wish you the best success even if I am very frustrated in other areas. Hopefully that is clear!

I just got a bit confused initially on the streaming "event" versus an in-game event. I can see that the name is nice to use in both areas however.

PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Jim_Pipp We direct everyone to the website as a way to make sure everyone understands that the website is the official place for players to get information. Otherwise, we would have information scattered across several mediums. Having everyone go to the source of our information ensures everyone is seeing the same information across the board, regardless if they use the forums or social media to get this information.

As for the event, we have been planning this for months. Players often do not see the time and work involved in putting these together, so do not assume this was put together in a vacuous manner. The team is really pumped to share everything we've been working on. If we were not excited, we would not do the event at all.

It would be nice to repeat key points from website posts in posts here, though I am not sure it is worth the time to do that, even though I don't love going to another site for more details.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, we've updated the original post with the livestream link. We'll update again when we have the livestream vod available.
    Staff Post