The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I haven't been able to log in for days now

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
For the last few days, I can open the game, type in my username and password and log in, but then the loading screen before the character screen just...goes on forever. I've tried a full repair, but nothing; the loading screen (despite a good internet connection) just doesn't resolve to the character select screen. Anyone else dealing with this?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 5, 2022 7:49PM
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually have the exact same problem. If you have steam check your download speed or just download anything from Internet. The tests were coming back saying everything was okay but something was definitely wrong.

What I had to do was call isp to reboot modem on their side. Doing it ony side didn't work.

For the record it was *** communications but would try same thing
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I had to do was call isp to reboot modem on their side. Doing it ony side didn't work.

Although I don't think I've ever had the "endless loading screen" problem in ESO, we've definitely had internet and other issues on occasion that could only be resolved by rebooting the modem on the ISP's side. We have one of those services where the internet, TV, and phone are all provided through the modem, and sometimes we'll have the phone go out but TV and internet will be fine, or the worst scenario is that everything goes out. Resetting the modem on our side sometimes fixes it, but there are times when the modem must be reset on the provider's side. They even added a "reset modem" option on their website so customers can do the provider-side reset without having to involve customer support.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm on 4G+. For some time (though not anymore) my provider, Vodafone, used some sort of load-balancing router. I'm referring to equipment inside of Vodafone, not my own wireless modem. The result was that virtually every single network connection used a different IP-address from a pool of available IP addresses. To test this, go to www.grc.com and look for the Shields UP page. Observe what your public IP-address is, then keep hitting refresh (F5) on that page. If your public IP-address changes all the time, then you have a problem. ESO can't handle it. Whether it's for security reasons or whether the game's networking is arguably badly architected, ESO can't handle your IP-address changing frequently. Note that the ESO "megaserver" is, in reality, a server farm. Between the login server and various zones in ESO, you get passed from server to server all the time. That means the game frequently makes new connections. The problem arises when the ISP changes public IP-address for every new connection. This is legit and not a problem for most, if not all other services. It is a problem for ESO. The way around this - if that's what the problem is - is to use a VPN. A VPN can guarantee that your public IP-address remains more or less constant. Easily done on PCs. For console it's more tricky to set up. I couldn't really help with that.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem's fixed; thanks friendos!
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I’m unable to log in because I have to go to work instead. It makes me sad.
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »

@Saucy_Jack can you post what fixed the issue for you in case someone later has the same issue and they find your thread?
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »

@Saucy_Jack can you post what fixed the issue for you in case someone later has the same issue and they find your thread?

As it turns out, two more repairs and then leaving the loading screen up for literally 45 minutes is what fixed it for me.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for the update and letting us know this login issue has been resolved. At this point we are going to close this thread from further posts.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.