The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Next Update will kill my guild house

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »
    The easiest solution would be an Instanced Structure devoid of any Crafting Table limits. Would not even have to be added to each house, it could be a portal the takes us there that we can purchase or add to a house. Make it so only a GM can purchase this.

Of course, A Guild Hall could also fix this.

Why should it be restricted to guild masters? There are 4 or 5 members of my casual guild that have all crafting stations.
    I myself am saving up writ vouchers to buy all crafting stations (currently at 56k, I believe I need around another 10k or so).

Because someone could set up the portal in there house, attune the portal to the guild house, then leave the guild and reap the benefit of the crafting stations.

They could make a different mechanism for unaffiliated players.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    They just should remove crafting stations from the count so u can fit any amount.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    ghastley wrote: »
    UESP says there are 71 craftable sets. That is 284 crafting tables, <snip>

Dummies = 3 mil, 6 mil, Trial, Clockwork = 4 slots
    Mundus Stones = 13 slots
    Generic Required Tables = alchemy, provisioning, enchanting, transmute, outfit = 5 slots
    71 craftable sets = 284 slots
    Vampire Fountain and Dummy = 2 slots
    Aethereal Well = 1 slot
    Generic optional tables = non-attuned woodworking, blacksmithing, etc= 4 slots

That's 313 slots for current full service. 12 more will be added this year for a total of 325 slots. So only 25 slots are available for decoration, less than an Inn room, without ESO+.

Which means that next year will be the year that many quild house reach the limit to where they will either need to sub, or remove items that are useful.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

Mundus Stones = 13 slots
    Generic Required Tables = alchemy, provisioning, enchanting, transmute, outfit = 5 slots
    Aethereal Well = 1 slot

That's 313 slots for current full service. 12 more will be added this year for a total of 325 slots. So only 25 slots are available for decoration, less than an Inn room, without ESO+.

Which means that next year will be the year that many quild house reach the limit to where they will either need to sub, or remove items that are useful.

It will actually be the year after since it's 24 slots added a year. 3 sets (4 tables each set) with the chapter and 3 sets with the Q4 DLC. They can have all the sets and useful items and precisely 1 decoration next year.

We've already reached the point where people have little room for decor, but if they remove all decor they can get another year out of it.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 16, 2022 8:39PM
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to start editing the sets and combining or deleting some, there are way too many as it is, and they just keep adding more to the pile.

Also, I believe they should offer some new and improved (writ vouchers NOT crowns) versions of the attunable stations with the ability to cover multiple sets (best solution - all, with a menu to select set).

The issue isn't housing limits, it's the number of sets and the current clunky system of needing a separate decoration item for each set for each craft.

Edited by Dawnblade on September 16, 2022 8:40PM
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    I would say have one undecorated house that's exclusively for crafting sets (with a banker and merchant) and another guild house that is decorated and has everything else (such as dummies, banker, merchant, very basic non-attuned crafting tables, armory station, dye station, vampire stuff, etc).

I would be okay with this if the base game had a nice way to portal between two houses. Currently players have to use a chat command or have EHT installed and synced with my house effects, and it's hard enough to get a few people on board with that. I'd love to have my main house have all the stations and a second "DoJo" style house with target dummies and such.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    I would say have one undecorated house that's exclusively for crafting sets (with a banker and merchant) and another guild house that is decorated and has everything else (such as dummies, banker, merchant, very basic non-attuned crafting tables, armory station, dye station, vampire stuff, etc).

I would be okay with this if the base game had a nice way to portal between two houses. Currently players have to use a chat command or have EHT installed and synced with my house effects, and it's hard enough to get a few people on board with that. I'd love to have my main house have all the stations and a second "DoJo" style house with target dummies and such.

That's true. It would be such a boon to have a portal feature built into the game without having to rely on add-ons. This, along with the option of going to anyone's house (regardless of primary) are the two things I wish we had from EHT.

Well, also the ability to save housing builds too. That's another feature I'd love from EHT. But I think that might be wishful thinking on my part...
    Edited by Wolf_Eye on September 16, 2022 8:58PM
  • athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS should change the tuned crafting stations from traditional furnishings to something completely unique and have no limit for.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe as a stop gap measure they could add a new option, you know when you select a members name in the guild roster you get the drop down menu to say travel to, visit primary residence etc, maybe add another option just below that called visit secondary residence.

That way you can have one house for utility purposes and another that you can decorate to your hearts content but members can still access without having to jump through hoops via add ons or be manually invited.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The easiest solution would be an Instanced Structure devoid of any Crafting Table limits. Would not even have to be added to each house, it could be a portal the takes us there that we can purchase or add to a house. Make it so only a GM can purchase this.

Of course, A Guild Hall could also fix this.

The GM rank could not be required because there is no such thing as a guild home in ESO. Every home is tied to a specific player, never a guild. If that player leaves the guild, the home goes with them.

The rest of the suggestion has merit. Of course, in the meantime, the less interesting sets, and there are a few, can be replaced with any new sets worthy enough to be made available.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mundus Stones = 13 slots
    Aethereal Well = 1 slot

How many people are going through the effort to have all that stuff, and don't have ESO+?

edit: also, do the attunable stations not have "generic craft" as an option like the world set stations do?
    (and do you really need the Jewelry set stations? I thought people skipped the JC writs, because they're too expensive plating-wise...)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on September 17, 2022 12:26AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mundus Stones = 13 slots
    Aethereal Well = 1 slot

How many people are going through the effort to have all that stuff, and don't have ESO+?

edit: also, do the attunable stations not have "generic craft" as an option like the world set stations do?
    (and do you really need the Jewelry set stations? I thought people skipped the JC writs, because they're too expensive plating-wise...)

Many guilds donate resources to get these stations in a guild hall, so I imagine there's a decent amount out there in the places of people who don't have plus.

The set stations do have the generic craft options, which is why I excluded the generic blacksmithing, woodworking, etc tables from the calculations. The ones listed don't apply to those stations like alchemy. And yes, the jewelry stations are used.

Edited by spartaxoxo on September 17, 2022 12:45AM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep a backlog of JC writs - the gold ones for 600 or so vouchers. Otherwise, nope.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the same issue that has plagued every aspect of the games inventory systems since day one - the amount of storage you can have has never gone up in line with the introduction of new items. This has probably been my main peeve with the game

We've had hundreds of new resources, cooking/alchemy ingredients, recipes/designs, decorations, armour sets, writs, crates/containers, etc., with no equal rise in inventory capacity, be it carrying, banking, or house storage. We did get the storage crates to try and help but they were full pretty quickly and we never got any more made available.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is just sad. They should compound it it
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    Do you really need to have all of those stations? I was in one of my guild houses recently and saw like a thousand tables all lined up in rows... How would I even find the one I needed? It would take me longer than just going to the one out in the world.

When you have Master Writ active, there is a quest marker to show you where to go. That lets the guild cluster the popular craftables however they like. Most META sets are dropped rather than crafted, but the few can be made easy to find.

But the sheer volume of craftable sets is definitely causing a space issue. We either need dedicated guild halls, so that they don’t have to do double duty as a primary residence, or the number of tables needs to be condensed.

It's true you get markers with master writs and if you do them one at a time it's great. People who are serious about them never do just one tho, and that's especially true of people in trade guilds. I generally do 200 at a time (I use a spreadsheet :D ) so it doesn't help much!

I'll probably end up moving house so I don't have to dismantle my structure which I really like. The only other thing would be to move the combat furnishings to an alt account (console so no add-ons) but I had to pay real money for those and will again if I need them on another account. Even if I move it'll probably have to be to another crown only house so still real money needs to be spent.

If I were a cynical person I'd be tempted to think that's why there's nothing done about it - too profitable leaving it as is
    PS4 EU
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Mundus Stones = 13 slots
    Aethereal Well = 1 slot

and having all the set bonus crafting stations for everything in one's home is unnecessary. I expect Zenimax never created a guild hall, though I think they should, for the same reason they never intended for any of us to have every set bonus for every crafting station and pretty much everything else. Yes, I understand some people have chosen to stock their homes like this.

The likely solution is a new crafting station sold for crowns and master writ vouchers that can be set up for multiple set bonuses or a multi-station that can do everything for one set bonus.

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just grab the sets that I hate getting to. There's a fair few of them for sure - I hate having to kill my way to a set crafting station.

Well, I hate having to kill my way to ANYTHING. SO annoying.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Convince ZoS to make one multiset crafting station (for each craft) which can be updated by feeding it an attuned crafting station (of same craft) to add that set to menu. Make sure the menu is easy to navigate even with all current and future craftable sets. Have them sell it for profit.
    Edited by rpa on September 18, 2022 3:13AM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The ability to link houses may help a bit. If we can just get them to be able to put such links in gmod and in the guild info screens to port to then the gm or the guild house account can separate them. Not ideal but...
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution we all need is a master crafting station that could hold at least a dozen sets (it would be annoying to scroll through hundreds of sets in the GUI).

Until that can happen, a simple fix is to remove the attuned crafting stations from the item count in a house.

If any of this doesn't happen, guilds will need two houses for writs.

For people who don't understand the issue: you need all the sets for master writs, otherwise you need to spend a lot of time going in the world to find the stations, and some of them are locked behind quest lines or are in PvP areas.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another idea is to change the way this system works...

Instead of attuning the station, attune the player with some kind of scroll, so if your char is attuned - learns the way to craft that set - they can craft it at any normal station. The existing stations could be transformed into these scrolls, so none loses anything. This way, there is no need for a sea of stations or multiple attuned stations.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Zand3rs
    Zand3rs
    ✭✭✭
    12 years ago i wrote an email to them asking for a crafting station that puts all of the house owners attuned benches into one where you can choose from a list wich set you want to craft. Nothing happened.

Some time ago i did it again with the release of the armory station where i told them that it would be nice to incorporate the exact same thing but for crafting sets. Made a crafter vendor and a bench and sell them on crownstore.

That way u only need 2 slots at max instead of the now ridiculous amount of space and slots...

So do they listen? Who knows only time will tell, keep asking tho never stop asking.... :)
  • Zand3rs
    Zand3rs
    ✭✭✭
    err not 12 years ago. 2 years ago!
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New crown store item: Increase housing storage slots by x number of slots.

It's a cynical response, but it will allow ZOS to sell customers a solution to the problem.
  • sbr32
    sbr32
    ✭✭✭✭
    New crown store item: Increase housing storage slots by x number of slots.

It's a cynical response, but it will allow ZOS to sell customers a solution to the problem.

If ESO has a through-line, it's selling solutions to developer created problems for real cash money.
    Edited by sbr32 on September 19, 2022 1:39AM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • LikiLoki
    LikiLoki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding

You could add that you understand that this problem needs to be solved and the topic of concerned players will be transferred to the appropriate development department. This is the minimum that can revive a dead hope. Dry words about the transfer of the topic as the only reaction - it's a shame
  • blue_peaceful_Manticore
    lillybit wrote: »
    I'm currently using Coldharbour and I've been removing.rocks, trees and plants each update to fit in new set stations. If I've counted right, and I'm pretty sure I have, I don't have enough left to fit in the new sets.

I don't really have any frills other than one main structure so I can't take the slots from anywhere else. Not sure what I can do.

I'm really disappointed that they haven't come up with a solution for this by now 😞

[snip]
    You may delete old craft stations or ...... Buy other house for only 13000k Crowns (in promotion)

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 20, 2022 1:51PM
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attunable crafting stations are sold for writ vouchers (and resold for gold at guild traders), so there is no cash shop involved. Can they also be bought for crowns? If so, I didn't know.