Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Normal level II dungeons to solo?

LannStone
LannStone
✭✭✭✭
CP 1800 on main account, playing for three years, doing Undaunted Event
I've soloed all the soloable normal Level I dungeons and looking for something different
I don't think I'm up to vet level
Are any of the normal II dungeons soloable for an average player who has no trouble with the level I dungeons?
Thanks
Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 18, 2022 6:03PM
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any dungeon that doesn't require two people to use something like pressure plates, switches, interrupting a boss, etc. should be solo-able. Wayrest Sewers 2 has the altars things to use at Malubeth, so nope. Fungal Grotto 2 has a boss that pins a person down, so nope. etc.

I'm guessing Banished Cells 2, City of Ash 2, Darkshade Caverns 2, Elden Hollow 2, Spindleclutch 2, should all be solo-able.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on September 13, 2022 11:42PM
  • carolingnight
    carolingnight
    ✭✭✭
    I believe most of them are solo-able; mainly the exceptions stand out in my mind. Wayrest Sewers II, Fungal Grotto II, and Crypt of Hearts II are difficult to solo due to mechanics, though I've heard of people working around those mechanics.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wayrest Sewers 2 has the mechanic on the second boss that's troublesome. I heard there was a work around, but can't remember it. Other than that most aren't bad to solo, just long.

Another thing to consider might be soloing a normal DLC.
  • carolingnight
    carolingnight
    ✭✭✭
    Wayrest Sewers 2 has the mechanic on the second boss that's troublesome. I heard there was a work around, but can't remember it. Other than that most aren't bad to solo, just long.

Another thing to consider might be soloing a normal DLC.

I think someone managed to get around the second boss mechanic by having a companion tank it and them healing from a distance. It must have taken forever though 😆
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention I've soloed some of the normal DLCs as well (Volenfell comes to mind, on several characters)
    I'm looking for any suggestions of L2 normal dungeons that 1. Don't require two people to use something like pressure plates, etc., that prevent soloing, and 2. Don't require tremendous agility and gear beyond my basic mother's sorrow, briarheart, etc., and pale order ring
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    I'm guessing Banished Cells 2, City of Ash 2, Darkshade Caverns 2, Elden Hollow 2, Spindleclutch 2, should all be solo-able.

Thanks, sounds worth a try. Any confirmation from anybody of any of these?
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LannStone wrote: »

Yeah, at least I can't think of anything in those dungeons that would prevent solo. I had to look in game at the list of dungeons to get a picture in my head lol.
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, at least I can't think of anything in those dungeons that would prevent solo.

Other than lack of skill, lol :)

• N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, at least I can't think of anything in those dungeons that would prevent solo.

Other than lack of skill, lol :)

Just throw on Ring of the Pale Order and keep your aoes and dots up. Shouldn't be much of a problem.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel I am pretty average in skill, the "part 2" dungeons I've made it thru so far:
    Banished Cells 2
    Darkshade Caverns 2
    Spindleclutch 2
    Elden Hollow 2
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very not good, but have a very talented bear and have done Eden Hollow 2, Banished Cells 2, City of Ash 2, and think I could do Spindleclutch 2 now. I found Darkshade 2 so annoying to get to the final boss (who I think I might have been able to outheal, but my level 30 partner couldn't so we left).

With the exception of Selene's (too annoying, I like adds that stay dead) and the ones needing 2 people, I really like the ones the Glirion gives out for the undaunted quests.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I managed to solo Elden Hollow II just last week.

I can't say about the others, although I can confirm that Wayrest Sewers II and Crypt of Hearts II are nopes.

A lot of the DLC dungeons also seem to be nopes because of annoying mechanics that kill you unless another player can free you before you die.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Androrix
    Androrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP 1800 on main account, playing for three years, doing Undaunted Event
    I've soloed all the soloable normal Level I dungeons and looking for something different
    I don't think I'm up to vet level
    Are any of the normal II dungeons soloable for an average player who has no trouble with the level I dungeons?
    Thanks

I solo mostly too, and I think you might be surprised at how many veteran dungeons you can actually do. The step up isn't always as hard as you might think. On level 2s, I have done elden hollow, banished calls, city of ash, and a couple of others, but, as folk have said, many have multiple player mechanics or a boss that really requires mutliple players. The life draining boss in Wayrest, the Patriarch in Darkshade that spawns a gazillion ads, the fungal grotto boss that chains a player down.

This was a great thread and I am enjoying reading people's suggestions. Lots to try out!

• rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've found I can just walk in and give it a try. Worst that can happen is some waste of time and a repair kits. The DLC normals I have soloed are not greatly more difficult than base I dungeons but sudoku by not knowing mechanics is a possibility. I google when I get stuck. Ring of the Pale is nice to have but I have soloed dungeons without remembering to equip it. (I use the Wild Hunt overland.)
    Edited by rpa on September 14, 2022 3:48AM
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

I can't say about the others, although I can confirm that Wayrest Sewers II and Crypt of Hearts II are nopes.

A lot of the DLC dungeons also seem to be nopes because of annoying mechanics that kill you unless another player can free you before you die.

Wayrest 2 isn't worth it, but you can retreat back to the circular area and a bit up the ramps and knock Malubeth out with caltrops (takes forever) . It's too far for pets to engage, but I bet companions would attack.

CoH2, is also not worth it. Leeching plate can keep you alive in the cocoon as your companion plus any pets kill Ruzozuzalpamaz (this also takes far too long). On the final boss, Nerien'eth, you have to time your ultimate to just before you get incapacitated so it will destroy his shield and free you. Sometimes this boss bugs and never does the charge stun mechanic, which makes it easier.

Of note in all these dungeons, you can direct pet and companion damage while incapacitated.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Actually it's only a handful of older DLC dungeons that are impossible. On normal those pin mechanics can be outhealed by Leeching+Bahraha's. I could get passed the troll in Frostvault, the hunger in Malatar and Ibomez in Imperial Prison that way. Can't get to the final boss in IP though.
    Edited by Snamyap on September 14, 2022 5:38AM
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fungal Grotto 2 is doable with your equipment, but you will need a tanky companion and a tanky pet I‘m afraid.
    You can also do vet Fungal Grotto 1.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I soloed DS2 last week (well... with Ember). Just need a good self heal.
    Edited by LadyLethalla on September 14, 2022 6:24AM
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • ZiggyTStardust
    ZiggyTStardust
    ✭✭✭
    Many of the pin mechanics can be escaped by using the psijic ult precongition. You can escape the pin mechanic in fungal grotto 2 and crypt of hearts 2 using it, but not in Wayrest 2.
    One problem in fungal 2 is the Spawn if Mephala boss, which usually resets when you get pulled into her portal, but there are reports of it not resetting when you have pets active.
    I have seen somebody solo the second boss in wayrest by dragging her to the entrance and fighting her through the opening, but you could only use aoes since you couldn't target her

• Ashfordd
    Ashfordd
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

so far I have soloed on normal:

Banished Cells 2
    Darkshade Caverns 2
    Spindleclutch 2
    Elden Hollow 2
    City of Ash 2
    Crypt of Hearts 2 (with the use of Precognition skill and the Overwhelming Surge set)

I have also soloed on veteran Elden Hollow 2 and up to the last boss City of Ash 2 and Darkshade Caverns 2.

I think that Elden Hollow 2 is the easest No 2 dungeon.

You can watch videos from some of my runs here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFDfSDUD0Tji-VohBJDETmg

Cheers
    Ashford
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    I solo'd FG2 on a StamDen, at the pin mechanic just make sure you put down plenty of aoe's and almost ignore the boss till execute stage. I am a low to mid tier player at a push so I'm pretty sure most could do what I did just need to use the heavy aoe hits and make sure they are all up before you get pinned.
    Edited by Smoky on September 14, 2022 10:28AM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, all of those are soloable, fairly easily. Have done at least one of each this past week during the event.
  • Margha_Ralmoren
    Margha_Ralmoren
    ✭✭✭
    For FG2 and CoH2 you'll need pale order and to stack AOE damage. I did it with my stamden, you kinda have to guess when you'll be chained and use Northern storm to kill the ghosts/damaging the boss while proc'ing the pale order heals.

For Wayrest 2:
    1) Take a Bastian (or any other companion, idk)
    2) Put him in full tanky gear and give him skills like Kindle, On Guard, Provoke, Ritual of Salvation, Drake's Blood
    3) At the top of the ramp aim at the boss and press Y+left click so that Bastian goes to fight, then hide behind the crates and sneak.
    4) Go make some tea or smth 'cause it's gonna take a while !
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of vet and vDLC is possible to pass solo, including some vet and vDLC HMs

You will not know, untill you try it.

Some normal trials and vet trials bosses are possible to kill solo. What to say about normal dunguans ;)

But some of them need more than 1 people to open the door - they are not possible I think.
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everybody for all the great feedback :)
  • Tesman85
    Tesman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fungal Grotto II can be soloed if you can kill one of the adds binding you down for the insta-kill sword during the second (or was it the first?) boss-fight. The trick is using enough DoTs just before you are immobilized. In one try I triggered Eye of the Storm just when the adds appeared, and it worked. Too bad I couldn't get enough Ultimate before the damn boss used that attack again :lol: So now I know how to do it, it just remains to be done. Have to try again sometime with a character that has multiple DoTs, or with some ulti spam build.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    many lockdown mechanics such as fungal 2 can be avoided by using precognition morph of the psijic ult (allows you to use it while CC'd, however one spot this does not work is wayrest 2 with malubreth)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd just solo the normals on vet over soloing the version IIs, as most are just slogs with annoying mechanics. Maybe do them once for completion and skill points, but I don't think they are worth doing otherwise.

DLCs are hit or miss, though quite a few are reasonably easy to solo if you understand the mechanics (which are also hit or miss, some are very obvious, some not so much). Many also have trash that is worse than the boss when solo - though the 'run through trash to the boss, die, rezz, fight boss' strategy works.
    Edited by Dawnblade on September 14, 2022 6:10PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banished Cells II can be soloed, but I found it to be an annoying, time consuming slog because the boss throws you up in the air constantly.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

City of Ash II
    Elden Hollow II
    Banished Cells II
    Wayrest Sewers Ii
    Darkshade Caverns Ii
    (only ever managed Vet City of Ash 1, and Fungal Grotto 1)

these were all before U35, now my main(Mag Sorc) gets CC'd, thrown off balance, and status effects up the ying yang so frequently I don't bother doing anything other than endeavors, and fishing with him