The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mele magplar

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
Been away awhile, reading u35 notes and comments here, is the mele magplar really dead in the water. How bad in reality is sweeps.
I hear range plar decent to play but in that case I'd just play sorc?
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranged plar > magsorc

Radiant destruction is overbuffed this patch, defenses are better, mobility is covered by mist form (at least for BGs)
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    20 percent more damage scaling on something already 480 percent damage scaling isn't what I would qualify as "overbuffed"
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah ranged templar just has a far better toolkit. All the good templar skills are ranged now, bar maybe crescent sweep.

Javelin, backlash radiant are all ranged, and work really well together.

Melee magplar is kinda eh atm. Melee stamplar is mostly fine tho.
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    Staves leave much to be desired.
    Only thing that differentiates a mag vs stamplar is what resource you want to invest most in 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering either ranged plar or mele using the vamp spammable
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    Bow/Bow Sorc is decent as well (would dodge a classic Magsorc like a plague atm).
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just posted in the following thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/615702/jab-puncturing-sweep-is-useless-in-pvp-because-of-snare-duration-nerf-damage-nerf#latest
    Very short summary: Meleeplar is better in OW PvP, meanwhile rangedplar is some zerging or 1v1 gimmick. Also jabs are by far not dead, since I hit easely 3-4k jabs ticks.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Yeah ranged templar just has a far better toolkit. All the good templar skills are ranged now, bar maybe crescent sweep.

Not sure why melee stamplar would be mostly fine but melee magplar would be kinda eh.
    Unless you have a dk with you, all templars are forced to run spell damage instead of weapon damage. Otherwise you lose 10 percent damage.
    So all templars use purifying light.
    All templars use extended ritual, honor the dead, rune. Most templars would run resolving vigor. Too good to not run it.
    All templars are pretty much hybrid.
    If you use dw + 2h you can call yourself a stamplar if you like but unless you are specced into weapon damage, use power of the light, and run only stam heals, you are essentially just a hybrid templar.
    Melee templar is ok. You need to run very high damage and hope your target doesn't have major evasion + mara's balm.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m planning on the following:

Front bar Deadly to boost jabs and the beam

Engine guardian monster set to get regen and mitigation

Mythic: Markyn or serpent

Back bar?!?!?! What would you suggest? I’m really not sure
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So currently I'm using
    2 x balorgs
    5 wretched vitality
    5 rallying cry
    Markyn ring
    2 swift 1 I fused
    5L/1/1
    Apprentice mundus

All tri glyphs

I have around 6k dmg 20k pen (balorgs at 200)
    1200 mag 1100 stam regen with wretched

29k mag
    30k hp
    20k stam

32k spell resists 26k physical
    3300 crit resistance
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Not sure why melee stamplar would be mostly fine but melee magplar would be kinda eh.
    Unless you have a dk with you, all templars are forced to run spell damage instead of weapon damage. Otherwise you lose 10 percent damage.
    So all templars use purifying light.
    All templars use extended ritual, honor the dead, rune. Most templars would run resolving vigor. Too good to not run it.
    All templars are pretty much hybrid.
    If you use dw + 2h you can call yourself a stamplar if you like but unless you are specced into weapon damage, use power of the light, and run only stam heals, you are essentially just a hybrid templar.
    Melee templar is ok. You need to run very high damage and hope your target doesn't have major evasion + mara's balm.

It's pretty much whatever resource pool you lean into. Think everything now has both weapon and spell damage. Only thing that doesn't is glyphs and mundus. I guess Pots if you use that but someone sayings "melee" stamplar is probably not
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on October 1, 2022 5:02PM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like rallying cry is the answer here.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not impossible to play but just feels way underwhelming now. Rangeplar is good but not something I would want to play in open world. For open world Templar DD I respecced to Stamplar and while I run into some of the same problems that melee Magplar has, I find it fun enough to play until they kill the next Templar skill.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment I have respecd into stam hybrid and it works well, definitely has more dmg than mag hybrid however I do feel mag has the survivability advantage due to having all stam for kiting , dodging and blocking