Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

dual wielding?

Loveandpower
I would like to make a character that is specific to dual wielding. I chose a template imperial is it possible? Can I dual wield swords? ( not 2h I know )
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. You can use whatever weapon you want whenever you want.
  • Arawn
    Arawn
    ✭✭✭
    Dummer have the dual wield bonus, imperial have sword and shield bonuses you can use it but you learn it not so fast then a Dunmer
  • dipcakes
    dipcakes
    But the boost to leveling is only 15% and doesn't matter at all. And yes you can do anything you want in this game. hav fun
  • Loveandpower
    I have the imperial edition so I want to get the horse and stuff...so like can I use dummer race but still get imperial horse?
  • Arawn
    Arawn
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't tried it yet out but you can move the items over in the bank.
    Hope it helps
  • Loveandpower
    how do I move the horse over though? I don't think it's an actual item :open_mouth: And small update on my imperial I did dual wield and loving it thanks again!
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every race gets the horse if you have the imperial edition.It's at the stables for 1g
  • Loveandpower
    Hmm thanks! I am highly considering just making a dummer for the 15% but this is like my 7th account ( if we count beta .. ) haha so yeah... :/ I may just deal without the 0% and a shield can be useful sometimes I guess so a dual wield/shield combo person may not be a bad idea
  • Arawn
    Arawn
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, you can also try a kajit that has a good critical increase. ;) Bonus is that coutns for all weapons.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm thanks! I am highly considering just making a dummer for the 15% but this is like my 7th account ( if we count beta .. ) haha so yeah... :/ I may just deal without the 0% and a shield can be useful sometimes I guess so a dual wield/shield combo person may not be a bad idea

Keep in mind that the 15% only refers to the speed the skill gains improvement. It does not mean the skill is 15% better, does 15% more damage, or anything like that. You will just be able to unlock the various skill perks somewhat earlier.
  • Loveandpower
    Sharee wrote: »

Keep in mind that the 15% only refers to the speed the skill gains improvement. It does not mean the skill is 15% better, does 15% more damage, or anything like that. You will just be able to unlock the various skill perks somewhat earlier.
    Ah I misunderstood what it meant that confirms me staying on this account thanks!
  • Call_911
    Call_911
    Totally new to this game. 1. lvl 15 req'd for dual wield unlock? 2.Are u creating(adding to(2nd) slot etc that forces game to use a new powers(action bar)? Sry if I confused anyone. I've probably totally messed this toon up tryin to get it right but also to lazy to start a new one. Thanx.
    Edited by Call_911 on April 16, 2014 12:27AM
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can start dual wielding as soon as you place a weapon in each hand. What gets unlocked as you advance are special dual wield skills and tricks you can perform.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Call_911 wrote: »
    Totally new to this game. 1. lvl 15 req'd for dual wield unlock? 2.Are u creating(adding to(2nd) slot etc that forces game to use a new powers(action bar)? Sry if I confused anyone. I've probably totally messed this toon up tryin to get it right but also to lazy to start a new one. Thanx.

What you're thinking about is weapon swap, that unlocks at 15 and gives you a 2nd action bar. Dual wield is using two 1handed weapons, and can be used anytime by anyone.