Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NERF DIREFROST

• ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember at an early stage you could bash her to interrupt her, but that must have been fixed because not too long after it wasnt possible anymore.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The two things I see people getting in trouble with is

1-letting stamina go too low so it takes longer to break free. An explanation in chat after one messed up run is usually enough (similar in it's way to the "get out of red or you will heal the snake" in Arx).

2-As soon as she jumps - back up to avoid the red.

I will say it is really nice to have a templar healer with both shards and orbs to top everyone off.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • doabhi
    doabhi
    ✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    Sounds rough bro. CP might not equate to skill, but playing long enough should help them grow thumbs.

I dunno, i been playing a while and observed the opposite effect, what were once thumbs are now mere nubs (couldn't resist)
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is precisely why I don't do random vet dungeons or vet dungeons in general with unknown group members. Some of these fights really do bite, and I'm not working my way through a dungeon just to stall on a boss because someone doesn't want to cooperate and execute mechanics.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

newtinmpls wrote: »
    The two things I see people getting in trouble with is

1-letting stamina go too low so it takes longer to break free. An explanation in chat after one messed up run is usually enough (similar in it's way to the "get out of red or you will heal the snake" in Arx).

2-As soon as she jumps - back up to avoid the red.

I will say it is really nice to have a templar healer with both shards and orbs to top everyone off.

I've asked the mag players to use Stam or tri pots for that fight if they have Stam trouble. Not much else needed besides some explanations as you mentioned.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There used to be a bug where break free was broken on this fight for one or two players. I wonder if its back.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mechanics are easy once you know them, but a pain to figure out at times for those of us who are not experts.

I really want to get Pillar of Nirn in my stickerbook, but Falkreath Hold seems unsurmountable.

I was in one dungeon finder group that tried the last (or next to last boss) 5-6 times before giving up. I am sure a group that knows it all makes it much easier, but having tricky things may seem great, but are a pain to many of us.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mechanics are easy once you know them, but a pain to figure out at times for those of us who are not experts.

I really want to get Pillar of Nirn in my stickerbook, but Falkreath Hold seems unsurmountable.

I was in one dungeon finder group that tried the last (or next to last boss) 5-6 times before giving up. I am sure a group that knows it all makes it much easier, but having tricky things may seem great, but are a pain to many of us.

Just get it on normal. You don't need vet unless you want the Domihaus mask
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Good point. I play with a group that enjoy intermittently pinging away at doing Vet dungeons (2 of the 4 are totally skilled min-maxers, 2 are ... not) and even with looking online at videos we ran across and eventually figured out a mechanic to one of the fights that was NOT mentioned in any tutorial video, likely because the players were so high skilled they just burned through on vet and never noticed it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It was normal and we still got stuck, mostly because we didn't know the proper mechanic and kept wiping after a while. (It was the zone where zombies or something like that have to be cleared on the ground IIRC. I watched a video afterward, but I am still not completely clear what I need to do.

AND it looks like the gear is not on the undaunted vendors in their custom boxes. Sigh....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was normal and we still got stuck, mostly because we didn't know the proper mechanic and kept wiping after a while. (It was the zone where zombies or something like that have to be cleared on the ground IIRC. I watched a video afterward, but I am still not completely clear what I need to do.

AND it looks like the gear is not on the undaunted vendors in their custom boxes. Sigh....

The mechanic there is when a circle starts growing under your feet, go and synergise on one of the pots. This puts a golden circle around you. Then put the circle over the corpses and synergise to cleanse them. You can use the circle cleanse synergy multiple times. If you don’t cleanse enough corpses they blow up and kill the group.
    With a lot of dps you can kill that boss fast and avoid the mechanic especially on normal.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    M0ntie wrote: »

The mechanic there is when a circle starts growing under your feet, go and synergise on one of the pots. This puts a golden circle around you. Then put the circle over the corpses and synergise to cleanse them. You can use the circle cleanse synergy multiple times. If you don’t cleanse enough corpses they blow up and kill the group.
    With a lot of dps you can kill that boss fast and avoid the mechanic especially on normal.

Thanks. I probably need to run it with a guild group first to get it down.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not bragging or dumping on your group, but I've never had to do the actual mechanic on that boss on normal, even with bad pugs. You can just burn him down by his chair. Or try the mechanic as @M0ntie explained. But a decent burn should kill him.

Either way, good luck. And it doesn't hurt learning mechs for veteran. You'll need to know them on the last boss on vet
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not bragging or dumping on your group, but I've never had to do the actual mechanic on that boss on normal, even with bad pugs. You can just burn him down by his chair. Or try the mechanic as @M0ntie explained. But a decent burn should kill him.

Either way, good luck. And it doesn't hurt learning mechs for veteran. You'll need to know them on the last boss on vet

I have/had decent DPS on my pet sorc, though not top DPS. We couldn't burn him down quick enough. It may have been vet, though I thought I tried normal for my first time.

Either way, I suck enough at that part that I would completely accept the blame. We did try past several wipes, so it was not a quick bail group.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, in my opinion, it's one of the things wrong with the normal vet balance that on normal it can actually sometimes be detrimental to pay attention to the mechanics. Even though I know that the group will often burn down the boss so fast it won't matter I try and practice the mechanics. I want to eventually run vet dungeons but I want to have some confidence with the mechanics first, but doing the mechanics takes time, and while I'm chasing whatever mechanic it is I'm not DPSing or healing and that has a negative effect on the rest of the party. I like it when I end up in a pug with very low-level players and get to actually use the mechanics, it's more fun for me...

PS5/NA
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, in my opinion, it's one of the things wrong with the normal vet balance that on normal it can actually sometimes be detrimental to pay attention to the mechanics. Even though I know that the group will often burn down the boss so fast it won't matter I try and practice the mechanics. I want to eventually run vet dungeons but I want to have some confidence with the mechanics first, but doing the mechanics takes time, and while I'm chasing whatever mechanic it is I'm not DPSing or healing and that has a negative effect on the rest of the party. I like it when I end up in a pug with very low-level players and get to actually use the mechanics, it's more fun for me...

Direfrost is pretty simple mechanics and most have some sort of visual/audio/action in advance everytime to sort of let you know its coming. It be like IRL if someone every 30secs let out a big RAWR and then punched u in the face.. How many times you gonna take it before you realize you need to move after the RAWR? ESO mechanics work exactly that way!
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @MidniteOwl1913 Falkreath is notorious for having mechanics that are totally irrelevant on normal that are group killers on Vet. Hate to tell you, but its better to read the guides, watch videos, etc. before you set out on Vet because you will not see them on normal. When you do, try to run with friends. The 3rd, 4th, and last bosses all have mechanics that need to be overcome under fairly short time constraints and do require decent DPS. Especially the last boss, because there are a finite number of pillars that must be used to avoid his one-shot.

You will wipe a lot until the group figures it out. But once you do, its not so bad. Good luck!
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MidniteOwl1913 Falkreath is notorious for having mechanics that are totally irrelevant on normal that are group killers on Vet. Hate to tell you, but its better to read the guides, watch videos, etc. before you set out on Vet because you will not see them on normal. When you do, try to run with friends. The 3rd, 4th, and last bosses all have mechanics that need to be overcome under fairly short time constraints and do require decent DPS. Especially the last boss, because there are a finite number of pillars that must be used to avoid his one-shot.

You will wipe a lot until the group figures it out. But once you do, its not so bad. Good luck!

I have watched the videos, and read the walkthrus, how to you think I even have a clue as to what the mechanics are? Because they are mostly absent in normal dungeons. Why do you think I'm trying to practice them? My comment was that practicing on normals is a waste of time.

PS5/NA
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was one of the first vet dungeons I did. Had some deaths, when I figured out mechs it was easy. Not she if this is supposed to be serious but as someone said cp is no indication of skill. My group brought in a 2k cp tank to vmol one day only to find out he had never even run normal and didn't even have vigor or dragon blood. Forget the correct cp slots..
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have watched the videos, and read the walkthrus, how to you think I even have a clue as to what the mechanics are? Because they are mostly absent in normal dungeons. Why do you think I'm trying to practice them? My comment was that practicing on normals is a waste of time.

Translating a video and article to real play is much more challenging for some of us. Too much information comes to my mind now!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Translating a video and article to real play is much more challenging for some of us. Too much information comes to my mind now!

I have the advantage of having live-in help. My daughter follows meta, and actually knows and remembers all the mechanics for all of the dungeons, and is a great help to me. She has made me a quick guide to use when I'm healing in vet. I'm so lucky and I know it! :-)
    PS5/NA
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have the advantage of having live-in help. My daughter follows meta, and actually knows and remembers all the mechanics for all of the dungeons, and is a great help to me. She has made me a quick guide to use when I'm healing in vet. I'm so lucky and I know it! :-)

I am probably not quite as old, but my son and family did just move in. Though he plays Fortnight and some WoW now. He does not know ESO much, so I can't get that kind of help!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the way i usually practice or figure out mechanics is playing a dungeon solo on a higher dmg tank character (roughly 8-10k dps) with a dps companion (approx another 10-15k dps, assuming they stay alive lol)

if a mechanic in normal does about 80% of your health in dmg by itself, you can 100% be sure that is a 1 shot on vet (example would be the falkreath hold final boss, when the boss shouts, it will always do about 85% of your max hp in dmg regardless if you have dmg shields or are a tank, which makes it a 1 shot on vet even though it is not a lockdown mechanic that relies on a 2nd person)

learned how important the sea orbs were in graven deep last boss that way lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Some do, some do not. But there are strategies involved with a dungeon like Falkreath, especially with the pillars. Could the mechs be more punishing on normal? Sure, but for some dungeons, they just aren't. Kind of like the ice dragon in Sunspire. Its just different on vet
  • Maul_Rat
    Maul_Rat
    ✭✭✭
    ESO really is a causal MMO, that much is evident.

Do you realize you can skip almost all of the bosses?

Roll dodge out of AOE. Why ask for this? Do you want the game to break again?

You want to know one non DLC boss that needs to be adjusted?

FINAL BOSS Arx Corinium. Hard taunts should hard taunt, yet this dumb lamia will kill your random teammates because they didn't block.
    I just want man flesh.