The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Controller unresponsive after wayshrine use

HedgeHugger
HedgeHugger
✭✭✭
Most of the buttons are unresponsive at the destination after using a wayshrine. The only one you can use is the main Xbox button, so you can at least shut the game down.
This has happened to myself and my husband, different Xbox consoles.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me last night on PS4 and I've never had that issue before. I started the game over and it did not occur again.
  • HammerWTEK
    HammerWTEK
    ✭✭
    That happened to me last night on ps5 too
    We know...
  • Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    Happened to me a few minutes ago on PS5.
    All I could do is using the 2 joysticks and the keyboard to invoke the quick chat, which allowed me to /reloadui (it fixed it). I was in queue for a dungeon.
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me last night once too on XBox. Restarted and it was fine. I had just finished the Crucible and went to Elden Root to turn in.
  • AaronGuilder
    AaronGuilder
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing that works after travelling and you get this bug, is movement. Cannot use any of the action buttons. Only way to get this back is to restart the game.
    O ZOS, you love to keep us on our toes and introduce more bugs than gets fixed!!!
    XBOX EU / NA: Magplar x4 Magsorc x3 StamDK x2 Stamsorc x1 Magsorc x1 Warden x1 Necro x1 Stamblade x1 Magblade x1 MagDK x1
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Had this happen to me several times as well. Only thing that fixes it it to close the out the game on the console home screen and restart it. PS5/NA.

Stay safe :)

PS, Started with update 35.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update this has also happened to me several times after leaving a Dungeon instance after completing the dungeon.

• boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been happening to me a lot after leaving dungeons...
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve had this happen twice and couldn’t pinpoint what the cause was but now that I think about it indeed they both occurred after porting into town to turn in pledges. I was able to walk around just nothing else worked, no menu, jump, talking to npc’s. I initially thought I was being disconnected but as I continued seeing other players going about their day I figured it was isolated to me.

First time I force closed the app and for the second a friend reminded me I have a keyboard so I tried reloadui and the good news is it can get you out of this situation as was mentioned a few posts above.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNGeeze wrote: »
    I’ve had this happen twice and couldn’t pinpoint what the cause was but now that I think about it indeed they both occurred after porting into town to turn in pledges. I was able to walk around just nothing else worked, no menu, jump, talking to npc’s. I initially thought I was being disconnected but as I continued seeing other players going about their day I figured it was isolated to me.

First time I force closed the app and for the second a friend reminded me I have a keyboard so I tried reloadui and the good news is it can get you out of this situation as was mentioned a few posts above.

Oh interesting, I must have missed that! Thanks. It was getting super inconvenient because it's happened to me a lot, probably once every 2hrs or so. Happened to me a bunch 2 a few weeks back after a maintenance and then they fixed it. Hopefully they did during this recent maintenance.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RNGeeze wrote: »

Keyboard and reloadui worked great, thanks for sharing. Still hope ZOS will one day at least acknowledge this like they do other threads but I guess since this seems to be a console issue it will be ignored.

• fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep still happening post patch. If you havent got a keyboard connected pressing the touch pad and options button at the same time gets you to the chat box to type in your reloadui. Thats on ps, not sure of the equivalent on xbox
    Soupy twist
  • ksbrugh
    ksbrugh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the buttons are unresponsive at the destination after using a wayshrine. The only one you can use is the main Xbox button, so you can at least shut the game down.

On the Xbox push the (menu button and the start button) at the same time it brings up chat box type in. /reloadui
    7r6w15w7drhc.jpg
    Edited by ksbrugh on September 25, 2022 1:30AM
  • zharkovian
    zharkovian
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, seems like a feature now to have to /reloadui after travelling
  • Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    It also happened after exiting an instance of a dungeon. It seems to happen more and more often.
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    ksbrugh wrote: »

On the Xbox push the (menu button and the start button) at the same time it brings up chat box type in. /reloadui
    [img [/img]

Oh thanks for this, it has also happened to us!
    Edited by ellmarie on September 28, 2022 12:43PM
    Xbox X- NA
  • Virys1967
    Virys1967
    ✭✭
    This is still happening, at least still on PS4.
    Has anything been done?
    It's seriously affecting gameplay, especially since I don't have a keyboard and have to force close the game and relog to fix it until I port or enter/exit a dungeon or delve again.
    I can't even tell my group mates what's going on before I go or why I'm just standing there trying to get the in game keyboard to work by synchronizing button pushes.
    It's increasingly frustrating.

Edited by Virys1967 on January 22, 2023 1:08PM
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also happening on a daily/regular basis on Xbox NA
  • midge89
    midge89
    Soul Shriven
    Literally just happened to me today while playing. Have 7 toons. Went through all 7 to do crafting with no issues til I was traveling around the map a bit more looking for guild trader hubs & out of nowhere boom! Can’t click to talk with anyone but can move around with my left & right sticks. Was able to pull up the text bar & use the /reloadui which worked. But this is an annoying issue for everyone & needs to be addressed asap otherwise people will stop playing & spending their money with this game & these companies.
  • webgeo99
    webgeo99
    ✭✭
    I'm on a PS5 and it's happening a few times a day now. It used to be about once a week!
  • Meiox
    Meiox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have it on PC almost every day. It would be nice, to just know if they are at least locking at it =)
  • midge89
    midge89
    Soul Shriven
    Unfortunately the devs don’t care. This issue has been ongoing for more than a year & they’ve been made aware of this & the sprinting bug as well which has also been an issue for more than a year. So annoying. It’s not that difficult I wouldn’t think to add a fix for those bugs in a update.
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love my keyboard for my Playstation. I literally could not play this game without it anymore...
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me constantly on PS5

FYI for those of you on PS4 or PS5 (will most likely work for Xbox too if you have a similar keypad shortcut)
    You can press touchpad and options together, which brings up the chat box, then type /reloadui and that will reload your UI and completely sort the buttons not working out.

I feel sorry for any of you who did not already know of both the hotkey shortcut and the chat shortcuts and were dashboarding and relogging the game.
  • fastc6
    fastc6
    ✭✭
    Same problem here. Gets to be annoying after a few months.
  • CBreeze71
    CBreeze71
    ✭✭
    Same. Xbox NA. I thought it was my controller batteries. Super annoying.
    XBX-NA | GenX | ChillAF | ESOEveryday | Guar Rancher | Mystical Bard of Tamriel
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is still an issue. Happened to me over lunch doing crafting dailies. Zoned into Summerset from another zone, nothing was response - start menu, map, skills, etc. On PS5 NA.

@ZOS_Kevin Please advise. This has been a longstanding issue.
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    It is amusing that when you load the game on console, it says if you have UI issues, check that you are patched and up to date.
    You can't play unless you are patched and up to date!
    UI issues still persist.
  • Ferrym4n
    Ferrym4n
    ✭✭✭
    Frustrating issue, every couple of days.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening to me on Xbox NA for a couple of months or so. It seems to be sporadic but it always happens when exiting a wayshrine. I have a Series X hardwired into half-gig fiber and don't have internet problems so I assume this is a bug or server issue (ZOS). I can't go into menus or use anything on the controller at all other than the Xbox button. I have to go to the home screen on the Xbox and force-close the game and relaunch it. Then I get the message about the account already being logged in.
    Edited by malistorr on February 15, 2023 10:58PM