The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Mara's Only PART of the Problem

• Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beffagorn wrote: »
    As if all this wasn't enough, gutting dots in pvp pretty much forced every single dk into running Corrosive Armor which in turns created more "tank" builds.

Old fan of Corrosive and I'm all for switching it from Direct Damage to DoT Damage and also buffing its own DoT - and maybe its duration even so that a DK is rewarded for staying on their target after applying Breath and Claw.

Still new to this patch and I agree with what you say about blocktanks, but, since maybe 2017 or something all DoT ticks have been unblockable - so somewhat stands to reason a nerf to DoTs is a buff to blocking. This is sort of how I've thought of Harbinger, the performance of this set is something like a check on the popularity of slotting single target DoTs - and a penalty on the popularity of spamming Direct Damage AoEs. Once upon a time I made this post: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/492314/thews-of-the-harbinger-needs-a-buff - although at the time I appear to have been misled by Harbinger's old description that said "when you block direct damage", this text was superfluous after the change that all DoT ticks can be blocked.

Yeah sure Harbinger was overpowered for a while after that buff, no doubt, this had something to do with the Dragonhold changes to DoTs vs HoTs. But I'm right about Doylemish. Pretty sure.

Edited by Urzigurumash on September 9, 2022 2:55AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd also argue we should have weapon/spell damage add more than what it does now to be a bigger chunk to match his the built in damage went up with CP 2.0

Something like that, or as I've said before perhaps increase integer Weapon Damage sources. The increase in baseline damage meant these sources became relatively weaker choices - and thus sources of Mitigation and Sustain became relatively stronger choices. Right? I'd be willing to wager that less people than ever run Warrior or Apprentice and more than ever run Lady.

Off the top of my head I guess Kvatch Gladiator is the closest thing to your idea of a reverse Pariah.

Kvatch is also a good example of how lopsided it is. 1500 ish WD is not anywhere comparable to 10k armor and it requires the target to get to 25% where you can execute anyway but you're missing the stat help to get to that point.
    Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd also argue we should have weapon/spell damage add more than what it does now to be a bigger chunk to match his the built in damage went up with CP 2.0

Something like that, or as I've said before perhaps increase integer Weapon Damage sources. The increase in baseline damage meant these sources became relatively weaker choices - and thus sources of Mitigation and Sustain became relatively stronger choices. Right? I'd be willing to wager that less people than ever run Warrior or Apprentice and more than ever run Lady.

Off the top of my head I guess Kvatch Gladiator is the closest thing to your idea of a reverse Pariah.

Kvatch is also a good example of how lopsided it is. 1500 ish WD is not anywhere comparable to 10k armor and it requires the target to get to 25% where you can execute anyway but you're missing the stat help to get to that point.

Right, I guess something to look at here might be how these 2 sets compare to 3xBloodthirsty vs 3xProtective.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
    Options