Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Healing seems off since the update

Bragerth
Bragerth
✭✭
It seems a lot tougher to heal since this update in vet content I tried graven deep. Is there a reason it seems rough to heal in vet content now. I’m a warden I use staff skills but warden heals as well. Healing used to be fun now it’s just meh :(. Is there anything I can do to make it fun again?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 6, 2022 1:44AM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Healing got alot of adjustments like damage did in update 35, have a read here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7694093/#Comment_7694093
    Soupy twist
  • Ghaleb
    Ghaleb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens specifically and Healing in general have been nerfed with Update 35.

For PTS-Notes please check the forum: PTS-Forum and there specifically patch notes 8.1.0 to 8.1.4

And to your question if there is anything for you to make it fun again: No way to answer that for you. ZoS has handed out heavy nerfs for all of DPS and most of healing and most classes (some hit harder like Warden, Templar and Necro) in the last update. If you can't make it work for you, take a break or play another class.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Graven Deep and Earthen Root have a lot of heal checks in them, try a different dungeon and see if you’re still struggling.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    last night I was playing dps... i solo queued for vERE and our first attempts weren't pretty. I asked if a healer (warden) could throw some HoTs out on the first boss and they instantly left after 2 tries and me saying "i'm not getting any heals." Took us a while to get a replacement due to the new bug that requires you to invite a player manually and have them leave before requeuing. We tried it as 1 tank 3 dps with one "fake healing" and probably wiped like 10 times. When we finally did get another healer (also a warden) we managed to to all the bosses in 1 or 2 attempts.

I know radiating regen got nerfed, but not using it? it's very good in those encounters where you can't stack up.

so, definitely a skill/rotation issue this case.
    Edited by Dr_Con on September 5, 2022 4:27PM
  • Bragerth
    Bragerth
    ✭✭
    i'll give that a try! thanks
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have, but honestly, using one of the most OTT dungeons they've released in years as your standard might not be the best test. See how your healing is in an older dungeon, one that you know well and is less nuts than Graven Deep, and compare it to how it used to be in that same dungeon for a more accurate standard of comparison.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Tsilara
    Tsilara
    ✭✭✭
    I exclusively play healers in PVE Vet and Hardmode content.

Healing was gutted. Ground heals are..... semi useless in endgame with all the mobility required unless you stack loads of them like what PVP changes the healer nerfs were attempting to address.

Mobility and dodging to stay out of bad, interrupting what needs to be interrupted, and self heals because healers can't rely on regen like they used to is far more important now and chasing down that hurt person is more complicated with all the movement.

Endboss of Graven Deep doesn't really need much heals. Healer basically is orb duty, some regens, and buffbot.

There is one heal check that regen, ground effects that tick poorly now, players blocking for a second or two, and a heal ultimate at the right time solves on the bit skeletal atro. You get enough ultimate to deal with that if you know how to build ultimate on your healer well.

It was fine before u35 for PVE, challenging still in dlc vet and hardmode dungeons and trials in many cases, Its still more than fine for normal dungeons and trials.

I blame PVP for those changes. I am looking for a new game unless future updates solve the problem.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO the changes the devs made is to remove the 3 dps and 1 tank group that relied on regen and burst healing to beat content. Healing has been reduced to ensure more healers are used in content. DPS was lowered as well to also ensure that a healer is brought along since it will take longer to kill bosses. Basically update 35 was to improve the challenges in PVE. I remember seeing lots of complaints about fake tanks and healers and with this update it is forcing players to play their role.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the u36 pts will right some wrongs. Let's see whether feedback gets listened to.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)