The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ok give it up...how's U35 in PVP?

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is playing on No-CP worth it or any fun at the moment? Grey Host is a hard pass for me right now.

Emphatically "No" if you play on PC-NA.

The campaign is completely dead.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current patch is prob the worse I’ve seen since the beta: you have a PvP where no one dies.

- tanking is way too prevalent and overbearing: boring to play and fight against

- Healing is still too strong: good healers are great but they are way too influential in PvP

- Sets that allow people to tank heal and do some damage at the same time…..soooooo boring

I’ve stopped my subscription until something changes. At the moment it’s simply no fun
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on September 14, 2022 11:24PM
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Empty
    Prime time ps4 euro
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Vetixio wrote: »
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    Haven't been on much cause of the infamous U35 as well it being a not well received patch the performance in Cyro seems worse. From when I have been on its a Stamblade and DK meta so the same as last patch just with less Caluurions so instead of 10k Caluurions procs its now 20k Assassin's Will procs so FUN! :neutral:

20k merciless was possible before, Zos just made it easier to achieve that. But I agree it's pretty crazy now what nightblade is capable of. Instead of fixing nightblade toolkit like people want zos just thought to give them more damage and tankiness :D

I know maybe a certain dev should play another class other than Stamblade lol.

My vote is for magicka Sorc, in the main Cyrodiil campaign please and not against helpless no-thumb newbies running around aimlessly in low rank BGs.

Challenge is laid down Gilliam, let’s see you play and enjoy the class you designed.

He can't even play stamblade well lol.

Besides stamblade mains don't really play their own class well enough. The challenge is not just for Gilliam but all stamblade mains out there
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't been on much cause of the infamous U35 as well it being a not well received patch the performance in Cyro seems worse. From when I have been on its a Stamblade and DK meta so the same as last patch just with less Caluurions so instead of 10k Caluurions procs its now 20k Assassin's Will procs so FUN! :neutral:

Best part is you can wear 2 defensive sets and still wreck plebs with 20k bow procs
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is completely unbalanced and screwed up.

On the one hand, despite Mara's 2 nerfs, you have unkillable tanks, no matter how many zerglings attack them and/or cold fire or catapults.
    You can't ignore them because they just walk up and burn all the seige. There is nothing you can do.

On the other hand you have ridiculously over powered NB skills.

Why should a NB be able to proc a 24k (or higher) spectral bow? No other skill in the game even comes close, no ultimate comes close. What justifies this? Worse, those NB are also super tanky with insane healing. If you can pop a 24k bow, you should be a glass cannon. In the old days, NB could get super high damage but they were squishy.

Those are the two most extreme examples but not the only ones.

Pvp is broken
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    PvP is completely unbalanced and screwed up.

On the one hand, despite Mara's 2 nerfs, you have unkillable tanks, no matter how many zerglings attack them and/or cold fire or catapults.
    You can't ignore them because they just walk up and burn all the seige. There is nothing you can do.

Haha..this just happened like 2 hours ago. Nothing we could do.
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭

Why should a NB be able to proc a 24k (or higher) spectral bow? No other skill in the game even comes close, no ultimate comes close. What justifies this? Worse, those NB are also super tanky with insane healing. If you can pop a 24k bow, you should be a glass cannon. In the old days, NB could get super high damage but they were squishy.

You're only going to get hit for 24k spectral bow if you're squishy as well. Nightblades have been my easiest opponents this patch because while yes they do have really powerful burst heal capability now thanks to healthy offering, they're still super squishy.

Arguably the tanks have been more annoying, because they have insane heals and can turn around and burst you down.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • davelbier
    davelbier
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    The current patch is prob the worse I’ve seen since the beta: you have a PvP where no one dies.

my sorc will die *grumbles*
    my magblade will not without a big ole fight, that class is crazy op while both templar and sorc keep getting the hate. its crazy.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    That's fair...I can say my oakensoul bow gankblade initial hit of 30K didn't change, so that's a plus...have yet to get further than that, but thought I'd start the thread.

Share that build!
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're only going to get hit for 24k spectral bow if you're squishy as well.

That's doesn't explain why it does more damage than any ultimates though. We have to assume a common target to compare the skills.

• baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    That's doesn't explain why it does more damage than any ultimates though. We have to assume a common target to compare the skills.

Relentless has a high base tooltip before any buffing, and you can't spam it so its balanced. You have to consider the context as well. Likely when you are hit with relentless, it is after a nightblade uses incap. Factor in the 20% extra damage from incap, and the fact that the nightblade also is probably wearing balorgh. That is going to be a massive hit. Luckily for you, nightblade burst is as predictable as burst combos come so you should be able to dodge it.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am unable to use spectral bow in pvp as it falls off entirely too fast for the way I play. Kudos to those who can use it.

I'm tired of the troll tanks.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone has way too much health these days.
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • MajorSnakeFox
    MajorSnakeFox
    ✭✭✭
    Ravenwatch EU is Dead.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Relentless has a high base tooltip before any buffing, and you can't spam it so its balanced. You have to consider the context as well. Likely when you are hit with relentless, it is after a nightblade uses incap. Factor in the 20% extra damage from incap, and the fact that the nightblade also is probably wearing balorgh. That is going to be a massive hit. Luckily for you, nightblade burst is as predictable as burst combos come so you should be able to dodge it.

I understand the way it works and don't normally struggle against nightblades. I just thought someone else had a really good point and the answer provided wasn't actually an answer.

The only thing you listed that actually matters to the discussion is the 20% from incap, because yes you almost always get hit with them in that order and that'll change the number on your death recap therefore being a part of what people come here reporting.

The balorgs doesn't matter because other classes can wear that too and it does effect the ultimate.

The fact you can't spam it doesn't matter either because you can't spam ultimates.

The question is why does relentless focus do more damage than most ultimates. The only thing we should be looking at to see if this is true or not are tooltips. Tooltips between, for example, a Dk leap -v- a night blades relentless, on characters with the same weapon damage.

Honestly I don't know if the tooltip for relentless is higher than dragon leap or not, it wasn't me who brought it up, but it is an important point and it should be responded to seriously and educatedly.
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭

The question is why does relentless focus do more damage than most ultimates. The only thing we should be looking at to see if this is true or not are tooltips. Tooltips between, for example, a Dk leap -v- a night blades relentless, on characters with the same weapon damage.

To answer your question, relentless does more than a lot of ultimates simply because nightblade has the highest damage dealing burst kit in the game, and its trade off is that its all single target and easily dodgeable.

And if you're curious, my relentless tooltip prior to buffing is 16k, while my leap on my stam dk is 15k. So the tooltips really aren't that different. The reason it feels like relentless does so much is because of the crits, nightblade is heavily crit oriented so its crits are going to hit hard due to its build and passives. Its not OP I assure you.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    That's fair...I can say my oakensoul bow gankblade initial hit of 30K didn't change, so that's a plus...have yet to get further than that, but thought I'd start the thread.

Share that build!

https://eso-hub.com/en/builds/alcast/7b3c5f5c-c54a-42ed-9bc3-fd542962da51/toxic-one-bar-snipe-gank-build-pvp-maximum-damage-nightblade-eso-oakensoul-ring/bow-gank-setup
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course the NB will come on and defend it, but it isnt really defensible, NB are insanely overpowered now.

Incap not only hits hard (15k or more) but give 20% extra damage (!!) AND stuns..PLUS gives reave just for slotting

NB streamers are bragging about spectral bows hitting 30, 32k. But no -- thats not all- it then HEALS for 50% of the damage! LOL ! So they can get near death, pop a 20+k bow and heal right up. NO-- that's not all-- when you build your bow, you get extra weapon spell /damage with each LA! LOL. They say, well you have to hit 5 LA before it is active. Compare that to Ultimate: you get 3 ulti for each LA-- takes a lot more than 5 LA to build most ultis. YET the bow hits FAR HARDER than any ulti!

But that isnt enough: concealed blade now gives 10% extra damage--and--- JUST for slotting you get permanent minor expedition!

But that isn't all. Due to the big heal from Bow, plus a huge burst heal, plus Vigor, NB are MUCH harder to kill now even when completely built for damage.

BTW I have an ARA 39 NB so I am benefitting from all this, even though I am not the greatest NB. I've run some of the current brawler builds and get big damage and decent survivability, but haven't hit a 30k Spectral bow yet myself.

Yet, despite all above, the tank meta is EVEN WORSE. A full specced NB full damage and streamer level skills can't kill some of these tanks.

I think in theory there should be a damage build able to kill any tank build. But you shouldn't be able to have it all. The peak damage build should be squishy, not tanky. And the super tanky builds should not be able to do damage. In this sense the game is out of whack compared to previous patches.

Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To answer your question, relentless does more than a lot of ultimates simply because nightblade has the highest damage dealing burst kit in the game, and its trade off is that its all single target and easily dodgeable.

And if you're curious, my relentless tooltip prior to buffing is 16k, while my leap on my stam dk is 15k. So the tooltips really aren't that different. The reason it feels like relentless does so much is because of the crits, nightblade is heavily crit oriented so its crits are going to hit hard due to its build and passives. Its not OP I assure you.

I thank you for answering the question. Unfortunately since it does seem that relentless does more damage than any ultimate (I was comparing it to d-leap because at least I think it has the highest ulti tooltip, not including dots or channels,) I'm of the opinion that it is clearly OP.

I understand that its dodgeable and single target but I think these are considerations for another discussion.

As someone else rather elegantly said in this thread or another nb thread recently... Three things need to happen. The tank meta needs to end so that people stop defending crazy high damage like this. Skills should not out-damage ultimates. Obviously. Period. Then nb damage needs to be toned down a little. Then they can be compensated by removing some of the cast times and travel times. Ideally all three things happen at the same time and the problem is fixed.
    Edited by OBJnoob on September 30, 2022 10:30PM
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB streamers are bragging about spectral bows hitting 30, 32k.

Over 30k?

Any NBs out there can validate this with a screenshot? preferably against a player with a good build.

I fought many good NBs and none are hitting me for over anywhere near 30k+ XD .... maybe 12k - 16k is very common window against me.

Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikazaru wrote: »

Over 30k?

Any NBs out there can validate this with a screenshot? preferably against a player with a good build.

I fought many good NBs and none are hitting me for over anywhere near 30k+ XD .... maybe 12k - 16k is very common window against me.

I have hit over 20k on tower DK builds before without balorgh's. I think they must have had next to no crit resist for it to hit that hard though. 30k is something that simply could not happen unless you were shooting a naked person with unrealistic debuffs on them while having an unrealistic combination of buffs active on yourself.

Idk why people are getting so shocked now by the damage spectral bow has been capable of for quite some time. Probably because caluurions can no longer be used as an excuse for dying. THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A NB OP PLZ NERF.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭

I can confirm we are not hitting 30k relentless procs lol

On the very highest I would hit 25k but thats against a PvE player and build so that doesn't even count.

12k-16 is definitely where mine sits on average, and thats where the skill has been for a long time. Only now people are complaining because we were in a proc meta and now more nightblades are using stat based sets therefore abilities are hitting harder. Nightblade burst inherently did not change much this patch.
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    Of course the NB will come on and defend it, but it isnt really defensible, NB are insanely overpowered now.

Incap not only hits hard (15k or more) but give 20% extra damage (!!) AND stuns..PLUS gives reave just for slotting

But that isnt enough: concealed blade now gives 10% extra damage--and--- JUST for slotting you get permanent minor expedition!

But that isn't all. Due to the big heal from Bow, plus a huge burst heal, plus Vigor, NB are MUCH harder to kill now even when completely built for damage.

BTW I have an ARA 39 NB so I am benefitting from all this, even though I am not the greatest NB. I've run some of the current brawler builds and get big damage and decent survivability, but haven't hit a 30k Spectral bow yet myself.

Yet, despite all above, the tank meta is EVEN WORSE. A full specced NB full damage and streamer level skills can't kill some of these tanks.

I think in theory there should be a damage build able to kill any tank build. But you shouldn't be able to have it all. The peak damage build should be squishy, not tanky. And the super tanky builds should not be able to do damage. In this sense the game is out of whack compared to previous patches.

Incap having a stun is more than fine, we had a stun on surprise attack which was arguably more powerful. God forbid we have a stun on our ultimate. 15k is on the high side for incap, usually only hitting that as a crit and as i've said nightblade is crit oriented so crits are going to hit hard.

Nightblades really aren't that hard to kill, yes we have burst heals but we don't spam them because we can't. Vigor is still our bread and butter heal and that doesn't tick for insane amounts.

Although I do agree with you on no one should be able to have it all in a build. But other classes are far more guilty of this than nightblade.
  • TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    LoL, Nightblades are still so weak and *** on BGs and they don't thrive at all.
    There are only handful very good nightblade players out there who actually own the class mastership.
    ( But mostly, they hunt other NBs because of easy prey. )
    What I see is that DKs and Templars are still most OP classes out there.

I actually laughed a lot from my hearth when I saw DKs and Templars whine about their tiny nerfs that actually didn't change anything about those 2 classes being on top.

They went as far as wanted to quit ESO, geez.

Anyways, NBs still suck!
    Worst class to play with.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's absolute crap. Focus target as group or just heal to full.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Over 30k?

I've never seen a 30k but I did see streamers bragging, maybe it was bs. I have definitely seen 24k by streamers such as React faster (not by me, my top is 15k on my NB using the same build )which is super over powered for a non ulti. Compare to molten whip, it also takes 3 GCD to charge(and requires skills not LA), it doesnt increase weapon damage as much as Merciless resolve, and it doesn't have a huge heal as a "bonus"-- AND molten whip doesnt hit anywhere nearly as hard as the bow.

My argument is NB is now way, way OP, but Mizaru is a much more experienced and skillfull NB than me, he has played through all these patches, I would be curious if he would agree . Many NB are having a lot of fun and dont want to lose their current huge power.

One way to tell something is OP is when you see more andmore people doing it. The rallying cry/NMG/Balorgh build with ice staff, Concealed weapon, refreshing path, incap and merciless resolve-- I see it constantly now
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭

I've never seen a 30k but I did see streamers bragging, maybe it was bs. I have definitely seen 24k by streamers such as React faster (not by me, my top is 15k on my NB using the same build )which is super over powered for a non ulti. Compare to molten whip, it also takes 3 GCD to charge(and requires skills not LA), it doesnt increase weapon damage as much as Merciless resolve, and it doesn't have a huge heal as a "bonus"-- AND molten whip doesnt hit anywhere nearly as hard as the
    bow.

React faster's build is pushing all crit damage, thats the only reason it hits so hard. He's only hitting into the 20k range against squishier opponents like magsorcs.

Also you know how OP it would be if molten whip as hard as bow? Dragonknight has that consistent pressure of dots that already do decent damage, and then if you were hit with a 15k molten whip while you are fossilized. Nightblade is solely burst and hardly any DoT pressure. Nightblade being the assassin class I would think its appropriate it has the highest burst potential in the game and it does rightfully so.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are the two most extreme examples but not the only ones.

Pvp is broken

It's not NBs that are the problem it is Oakensoul.
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Tberg725
    Tberg725
    ✭✭✭
    Saying constant pressure from DK dots is funny there is pretty much no dot pressure because the dots from the dk has been turned into a tickle the only ability that people using a dk have slotted in noxious breath or engulfing

And a lot of people complaining about NB bow have not really tried playing a NB that thing straight up missed or just does not hit in cyo people just happen to pose the videos of when they do get a good hit

Either way the most annoying thing about this patch is the tank bots it’s just annoying and I’ve had a lot of fights go where we fight for like 5min straight an both just decide to walk away this “needed” damage nerf is a fail good players still do well and the not so skilled still get clapped an overall damage nerf because of the numbers some YouTubers can hit was just a poor decision