The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ok give it up...how's U35 in PVP?

• goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New Meta:

IeJmvBa.gif
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    NB's are less of a threat now than they ever were. Their hunger-burst-combo is terrible. I mostly just hold block and get one roll dodge and brush off the pitiful damage quite easily.

The only thing killing me in Overland Cyro are packs of DK/Wardens in 4-5. However, they succumb very easily to burst AoE and it is quite glorious.

My templar is average again. Magplar is lackluster, Stamplar is just ok. I switched to an AoE-burst style and it's just not as interesting or breathtaking as having those amazing jabs from previous patches. It's cool to get off Gravity in a group, but its a waiting game and it's just not appealing to me whatsoever.

The major problem right now with this patch is that you cannot play solo. Playing solo requires long battles where you hope everyone lines up their bursts correctly after 5 minute battles to kill godly tanks.

I have also noticed that tool-assisted macroing is back in full force more than ever, and more bolder. Wardens really need the help for their DPS to tack on their light attacking-weaving-rotation, otherwise, they do not do any DPS on a good player whatsoever.

Tanky meta is back. We've been through this already with the developers and even they have not done anything intelligent to resolve these former issues.

Many are quitting again and this patch is embarrassing.

Edited by soniku4ikblis on August 29, 2022 2:19PM
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glass cannon NBs are all cannon and no glass now. They can kill you in 2 shots

Nah glass cannons are still easy kills and how did you get 2 shotted after update 35? Got to see the death recap with 2 abilities to believe that in update 35.
    488t27w86ryk.jpg

Sorry. Forgot a light attack in there.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on September 5, 2022 2:14AM
  • auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the pvp so far. Might get worse as more people get maras, but will see. Performance has been ok, (aus prime time) but there is never pop locked servers at that time anyway. Wish they would take the dot changes back. Watching st dk dots ticking for 500 sucks. Nbs are hitting hard, but at least I am dying to skills, not proc sets.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Meta:

IeJmvBa.gif

BR]
  • birdik
    birdik
    ✭✭✭
    Patch is full of blocking healing bots.
    Playing NB now be like watching how all your damage blocked and outheal from zero to hero in 2 seconds, no good cc, no good/unavoidable/delayed burst.
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    birdik wrote: »
    Glass cannon NBs are all cannon and no glass now. They can kill you in 2 shots

Nah glass cannons are still easy kills and how did you get 2 shotted after update 35? Got to see the death recap with 2 abilities to believe that in update 35.
    488t27w86ryk.jpg

Sorry. Forgot a light attack in there.

[snip]

Woah woah woah. [snip] we're all suffering in this patch. I was merely showing that it's possible.

[edited for baiting & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 5, 2022 5:40PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP after U35 ? um...

The only thing I did that may have something to do with PvP is leaching Scroll Quests in Cyro. A couple of times I got lucky and logged in in a right moment when some guild was delivering scrolls. Got some AP from those quests, so I guess that counts as "PvP" activity... although I never moved outside of my alliance base... ;)
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip] Just about everyone is wearing Mara's. If you're one of the few people who isn't wearing the [snip] set, you're just free content for the people that are. The set procs some 100+ times per minute with people beating on block tanks.

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 5, 2022 6:48PM
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    [snip] Just about everyone is wearing Mara's. If you're one of the few people who isn't wearing the [snip] set, you're just free content for the people that are. The set procs some 100+ times per minute with people beating on block tanks.

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]

It's getting nerfed in one day or so no? Lucky I never bothered testing it knowing nerf inc :P
    EU | PC
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]

It's getting nerfed in one day or so no? Lucky I never bothered testing it knowing nerf inc :P

The "nerf" is reducing the healing amount by half but still letting it proc infinitely per second
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Playing NB now be like watching how all your damage blocked and outheal from zero to hero in 2 seconds, no good cc, no good/unavoidable/delayed burst.

fwiw, doesn't NB fear drop block? (it used to, no idea if it still does, just curious).

Block healing has been around literally forever. There are ways around it. Blocking while Mara's heals you to full is another thing entirely, lol.

But, ZOS has clearly shown they can adjust things for pvp and pve separately (heavy attacks, empower, mist form, so on), the logical solution is that blocking not only halts your stamina regen, it prevents you from healing in pvp.
    Edited by katorga on September 6, 2022 2:37PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]

The "nerf" is reducing the healing amount by half but still letting it proc infinitely per second

People are literally just standing in place AFK while getting dozens of free set heals every minute.

AFK the new meta, congrats. These are the game devs we deserve.
    Edited by Minalan on September 6, 2022 5:22PM
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if Mara's Balm procs plague at all?
  • birdik
    birdik
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

fwiw, doesn't NB fear drop block? (it used to, no idea if it still does, just curious).

Break free, blocking continues....

I love fights where i damage about 500-700k (me taking 1/2 of that ) and guy still with resources and full hp ( even with drain resources poison )

Wish smth like sorc's curse or plar's backlash - dodge/block - dont care, NB should have atleast bow unblockable atleast from stealth.
    Edited by birdik on September 6, 2022 7:38PM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Break free, blocking continues....

I love fights where i damage about 500-700k (me taking 1/2 of that ) and guy still with resources and full hp ( even with drain resources poison )

Wish smth like sorc's curse or plar's backlash - dodge/block - dont care, NB should have atleast bow unblockable atleast from stealth.

Backlash makes it kind of obvious that you are going to focus the person you put it on.
    Its gretat 1vs1 but kinda loses its effectiveness when you add more ppl.
    At least with spectral bow you can switch targets easily.
    Each have their ups and downs.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welp. I tried to play Cyro last night on PS4 NA GH and it was so, so laggy. Players glitching all over the place, freezing for a few seconds, speeding up only to freeze in place again. I finally logged out after disconnecting twice. I'm starting to doubt that we'll ever get new servers and by the time we do, everyone will have given up on this game
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »
    Welp. I tried to play Cyro last night on PS4 NA GH and it was so, so laggy. Players glitching all over the place, freezing for a few seconds, speeding up only to freeze in place again. I finally logged out after disconnecting twice. I'm starting to doubt that we'll ever get new servers and by the time we do, everyone will have given up on this game

It's nowhere near that bad on PS5
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭

Not sure how it's not. Several of my guildmates have PS5's and are running into the same issues. Glitching, freezing, lag spikes, etc...
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah gray host is pretty terrible. I pretty much dodge that campaign now. I had a PS5 since it released and played console enhanced eso since release and performance has always been bad and just continually gets worse.

It's to a point where if every faction has more than 1-2 bars the game is unplayable for me and my abilities don't cast. And I don't mean in fights, I literally sit at my faction's gates and can't even use half of the abilities that I cast.

Now imagine if I took that into actual combat.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not wearing Maras, but reading through my combat log, I can see that just about every skill I have procs it on players who do.

My usual gotos to for killing tanks, also proc maras. Last night we just dragged them into guard Negates to kill them when we could.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't been on much cause of the infamous U35 as well it being a not well received patch the performance in Cyro seems worse. From when I have been on its a Stamblade and DK meta so the same as last patch just with less Caluurions so instead of 10k Caluurions procs its now 20k Assassin's Will procs so FUN! :neutral:
    Edited by Vetixio on September 10, 2022 6:11PM
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vetixio wrote: »
    Haven't been on much cause of the infamous U35 as well it being a not well received patch the performance in Cyro seems worse. From when I have been on its a Stamblade and DK meta so the same as last patch just with less Caluurions so instead of 10k Caluurions procs its now 20k Assassin's Will procs so FUN! :neutral:

20k merciless was possible before, Zos just made it easier to achieve that. But I agree it's pretty crazy now what nightblade is capable of. Instead of fixing nightblade toolkit like people want zos just thought to give them more damage and tankiness :D
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how is it?

in a word, ***

Groups of mara's Balm dks and Wardens rolling over everything they see and you don't even move their health bar at all.

I'm going to pass for a bit.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    how is it?

in a word, ***

Groups of mara's Balm dks and Wardens rolling over everything they see and you don't even move their health bar at all.

I'm going to pass for a bit.

This pretty much, the patch didn’t really fix. I also don’t think a 1s cooldown is nearly enough.
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

20k merciless was possible before, Zos just made it easier to achieve that. But I agree it's pretty crazy now what nightblade is capable of. Instead of fixing nightblade toolkit like people want zos just thought to give them more damage and tankiness :D

I know maybe a certain dev should play another class other than Stamblade lol.
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balance is better, performance is awful (PC EU)
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    Is playing on No-CP worth it or any fun at the moment? Grey Host is a hard pass for me right now.
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been gone for 8ish months, so when did DKs become so nasty?

It seems like every other person is on a DK now, and a lot of them are some kind of dual wield stam/mag hybrid, or just hella tanks? Also everyone uses corrosive now.

They hit hard too. I had a 1v1 with one today, and idk what he was doing but 1/2 of my health would regularly just disappear. Granted I'm running my stamblade currently and have like 12k resistance total so everything hits hard as hell it seems, but it was mean. But eventually I got tired of him instantly healing back to full and he got tired of me dodgerolling and we gave up.

Other random observations:

Healing is out of control

The zergs seem to love just channeling heavies or radiant

9/10 people have like 35k+ health

DKs with 35k health who heal to full with a single button click are literally every second person it seems

Groups of 3-4 people, usually backbar sword and board sitting DKs, who do trash damage but don't die are also everywhere

Everyone is super fast. The amount of people who try and fight, realize their mistake, and take off at the speed of the light is also hilarious and sad. I've literally had people run half way across the map from me to duck out on a fight.

Everyone also keeps saying this is a tankier meta, and while healing is definitely stupid good right now, mitigation still seems far lower than when I left and damage much higher? I used to be able to heal through a lot of incoming damage even on my NB, but now it seems I burst instantly if I make a stupid decision and get myself caught out from a LOS point for even a second.

Most importantly, the lag is objectively far worse.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

I know maybe a certain dev should play another class other than Stamblade lol.

My vote is for magicka Sorc, in the main Cyrodiil campaign please and not against helpless no-thumb newbies running around aimlessly in low rank BGs.

Challenge is laid down Gilliam, let’s see you play and enjoy the class you designed.