The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Houses But Not Really Houses

PrimusTiberius
PrimusTiberius
✭✭✭✭
Just would like to echo what many players are asking for, open areas without structures to build on, that would be cool
Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    YES YES YES, a thousand times YES. The ones we have are now so boring. We need new toys.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind more flat land plot houses but only if there will be more structural furnishing available.

It's nice that High isle will include transparent windows and such but I want those in different racial style too - like Alinor, Elsweyr, Solitude etc.
    Hall of Colossus - Alinor in Elsweyr | Alinor Crest Townhouse - Alinor Noble Estate | Colossal Aldmeri Grotto - Alinor Scenic Estate | Sleek Creek House - Khajiiti Paradise | Bouldertree Refuge - Flora Estate | Autumn's Gate - Sweet Autumn Lodge | Domus Phrasticus - Breton Country House | Exorcised Coven Cottage - Forest Cottage | Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery - The Starry Sky Inn | Mathiisen Manor - Mathiisen Wedding Hall | Humblemud - Torchic Barn Party House | Other inn rooms / apartments / homes
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind more flat land plot houses but only if there will be more structural furnishing available.

It's nice that High isle will include transparent windows and such but I want those in different racial style too - like Alinor, Elsweyr, Solitude etc.

More structural furnishings that are part of a set. We got a great window, but how do you use it properly, without making a collage of various walls to build around the window? Why do we get things that can't fit with other parts of the same style, or many structural furnishings like the Leyawiin style that are designed around a castle theme, yet you can't really build a castle with them, because you lack basic items such as large arches, stone arched roof tiles, and many more?

I don't understand the shortage of furnishing plans, nor the super slow release of so called luxury items. I would even consider buying certain structural packs for crowns. I am in the same boat, I would like to get windows from the previous styles. The Alinor style is very detailed and varied, if one looks a bit at the buildings in Alinor. Amazing rails, balconies, windows and interiors. Lots of massive structural blocks that would be amazing to have. And the same can be said for Solitude or Leyawiin. I bet that am not the only one who would like to make a dungeon like basement, to use proper stone ceiling, like we see in Blackwood. Can't wait to get such tiles to build a fort from scratch. We also have tall columns but no gothic like arches and ceiling to build a large hall, for example to place those amazing stained glass pieces. The list could go on forever.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They got the housing right in Fallout 76 of all places, ESO could do a better job with constructable housing plans here. A lot of the midsized and larger housing have some outside space you enter from a gate to get to the house itself. With a descent building set, like FO4 or FO76, players could build what ever they want to. Housing deco costs $$$ but enough player are willing to spend $$$ on housing to turn that profit. Imagine what player could do with places like Sleek Creek, Stillwaters Retreat or Moonsugar Meadows with a Fallout type building kit.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on September 1, 2022 1:15PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    I would *love* to have more structural pieces.

Leyawiin has so many castle pieces missing. A tower with stairs inside, for example. The model is in Pantherfang Chapel.

Alinor has SO many beautiful windows, doors, walls, etc.

I love the aurora borealis, pine trees, and snowy mountains of the Antiquarian Gallery home. Another home in Western Skyrim would be phenomenal. This time without any buildings so we can place the castle of our dreams.
    Edited by Ruj on September 19, 2022 6:42AM