The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Don't let Mara's Balm go live

MetallicMonk
MetallicMonk
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know why zenimax has this weird ego where they feel the need to push bad sets onto people who almost unanimously agree that it's unhealthy for the game. You can easily just scrap this set and re-release it when you've thought it out more. There is no reason to let this go live and make PvP absolutely miserable with nobody able to die. Please don't push this set to live and make us wait an extended amount of time again for the game to be enjoyable, especially right after we've just been through the worst patch in PvP history.

Torturing your playerbase does nothing for you and I'm not sure your game will survive at this rate with how you've butchered the PvE community as well if you continue.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree this set needs to be scrapped, same with nocturnals ploy or they need a serious rework. I'm not enjoying these new rewards of the worthy toxic proc sets taking over PVP.

Imagine the oakensoul mains using this with the new mending that oakensoul has post-nerf
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unlike people who play the game, devs need a few months to recognize problem sets.
  • MajorSnakeFox
    MajorSnakeFox
    ✭✭✭
    Wait 4 Months or buy the DLC and farm the Oakensoul Ring for safe Buffs.
  • aurelius_fx
    aurelius_fx
    ✭✭✭

No thank you, i'll spend my money and time on a product made by people who actually value my experience
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No thank you, i'll spend my money and time on a product made by people who actually value my experience

Agreed. No way am I spending another cent for this garbage.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you pvp just come to Ravenwatch. NO PROC!
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you pvp just come to Ravenwatch. NO PROC!

Sadly it has its own issue w great defensive sets and mediocre dmg sets. But it will be better by default lol
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why zenimax has this weird ego where they feel the need to push bad sets onto people who almost unanimously agree that it's unhealthy for the game. You can easily just scrap this set and re-release it when you've thought it out more. There is no reason to let this go live and make PvP absolutely miserable with nobody able to die. Please don't push this set to live and make us wait an extended amount of time again for the game to be enjoyable, especially right after we've just been through the worst patch in PvP history.

Torturing your playerbase does nothing for you and I'm not sure your game will survive at this rate with how you've butchered the PvE community as well if you continue.

I really hope they listen to this because it's such a predictable outcome. Sets don't have to be broken for pvp to be fun. They can just be strong and unique.
  • ThirdEye_PULSE
    ThirdEye_PULSE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hands down most powerful defensive set in the game. Wont make sense for any build to not run it.

All signs seem to suggest we are heading into a tanky/immortal meta. Another stale 3 months of pvp.

On a positive note, finally getting the inspiration i needed. Either gonna quit gaming overall or try pvp in GW2.

Never tried GW2... but its often noised around the MMO community that its a great PvP mmo.
    Edited by ThirdEye_PULSE on August 19, 2022 5:48PM
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much all PvP players agree that this set is overpowered and will lead to a stale, high time to kill meta. ZOS really needs to listen to their player base on this one and adjust the set. It was really sad to see so many vets return to the game after the server improvements and leave due to the horrendous PvP meta that was update 34. If this set gets balanced properly, U35 could actually be a solid patch for PvP. Please balance this set, we deserve better.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll probably check out the dumpster fire at some point and I can't wait to explain to zone chat that this set is what's making that one guy "unkillable" in the face of potatoes screaming "but what about Plaguebreak reeeee." Let's not kid ourselves, they'll delete Mara's Balm in a couple weeks and the meta will still be an ungodly tedious tank-heal-stall clown fiesta thanks to the blanket 30% PvP damage nerfs, deleting dots, deleting Templars, deleting Sorcs... and yet they brought back instakill ganks when they un-nerfed 2h heavies and stapled an un-named Major Berserk to Concealed Weapon. SO FUN!
    A9KEwTL.jpg
    Edited by xylena_lazarow on August 19, 2022 8:33PM
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set could be fine with a cool down. More likely than cancelling the set all together.

• Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Seems most seasoned PVPers enjoy honing their skills to get better. This is at odds with Proc Metas.

Maras Balm won’t be the last set that ruins PVP for months.

Oakensoul won’t be the last OP mythic that gets nerfed 30 days after release.

[edited for conspiracy theory/misinformation]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 21, 2022 6:43PM
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caribou77 wrote: »
    [snip]

Seems most seasoned PVPers enjoy honing their skills to get better. This is at odds with Proc Metas.

It does seem to be the case, and this is very frustrating...

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 21, 2022 6:43PM
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • ThirdEye_PULSE
    ThirdEye_PULSE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caribou77 wrote: »
    [snip]

Yup. Thats why im looking for a new MMO with good pvp. Not quitting ESO forever but if Mara goes live coupled with making most sticky DoTs useless. Nah... just gonna keep ESO on the backburner until things change. If they dont change... well. Not my loss.

I will try the u35 when it comes out. Based on all evidence its gonna be a long 3 months for pvp but hope im wrong. I wasnt initially planning on taking a break but its all just been too much.... without any real hope things are going to change.

I doubt im the only one. First 3 weeks of PTS forums were jumping. Week 4 seems like everyone was holding their breath hoping for the best. Week 5? Everyone that hoped things would change didnt try to actively effect that change anymore. There was nothing we could have done. In retrospect we all just wasted a lot of time on forums. Better voices than mine were not heard.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 21, 2022 6:44PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel this way about every aspect of U35, not just Mara’s Balm and Nocturnal’s Ploy. Hit pause, work through things for a few more months, and go live with more balanced changes and sets.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My assumption is that kiting is considered a valid play style (it is, if annoying) and this is to help kiters overcome the hot adjustments. If this isn't a set to let you 1vX I don't know what is.

I'm not going to worry about it. It's not like I haven't spent 2 months fighting perma corrosive builds. It can't be anymore annoying than that, right? RIGHT?! 😆
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll probably check out the dumpster fire at some point and I can't wait to explain to zone chat that this set is what's making that one guy "unkillable" in the face of potatoes screaming "but what about Plaguebreak reeeee." Let's not kid ourselves, they'll delete Mara's Balm in a couple weeks and the meta will still be an ungodly tedious tank-heal-stall clown fiesta thanks to the blanket 30% PvP damage nerfs, deleting dots, deleting Templars, deleting Sorcs... and yet they brought back instakill ganks when they un-nerfed 2h heavies and stapled an un-named Major Berserk to Concealed Weapon. SO FUN!
    A9KEwTL.jpg

It is unbelievably irritating to hear people constantly complaining about playing a class as it was designed to be played. cloak is now useless in pvp. Stand still? Really? That basically killed brawler blades so what is your suggestion? Ban a whole class from pvp because people salty? As if it didn't get annihilated in the elswyer patch. People mad about sorc nerf this patch? What an absolute joke compared to the 2 pages of nerfs to blades that included nearly every single class skill they had. Gank builds won't one shot you anymore then templars do now. We are in a tank build meta and will continue to be in u35. No class, NB included has the burst to one shot anyone wearing mara. Nbs depended on a stun spammable because they are squishy and not designed for drawn out fights. They already get crit from several other sources, the surprise attack complaint is a joke. People only ran it for stun because our class cc is so clunky and incredibly difficult to work into any kind of combo. Run camo hunter or inner light. It's what they are designed for. Jeez.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A9KEwTL.jpg

It is unbelievably irritating to hear people constantly complaining about playing a class as it was designed to be played. cloak is now useless in pvp. Stand still? Really? That basically killed brawler blades so what is your suggestion? Ban a whole class from pvp because people salty? As if it didn't get annihilated in the elswyer patch. People mad about sorc nerf this patch? What an absolute joke compared to the 2 pages of nerfs to blades that included nearly every single class skill they had. Gank builds won't one shot you anymore then templars do now. We are in a tank build meta and will continue to be in u35. No class, NB included has the burst to one shot anyone wearing mara. Nbs depended on a stun spammable because they are squishy and not designed for drawn out fights. They already get crit from several other sources, the surprise attack complaint is a joke. People only ran it for stun because our class cc is so clunky and incredibly difficult to work into any kind of combo. Run camo hunter or inner light. It's what they are designed for. Jeez.

in the proc campaign i forsee the tank meta if majority use maras balm and the only way people die is bombs (since occult overload/plaguebreak/VD is still a think, 2 of those by pass maras as well), but virtually every 1v1 is going to stalemate

in the no-proc campaign, i dont think that much is going to change except its going to reinforce a semi tank meta because of the dot and class nerfs, the no proc wont have nocturnal or mara's and already excludes a lot of current "bomb" abilities (occult/VD/plague)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see some sort of response from ZOS on this one, considering the quick response to Skinny Cheeks’ discord post regarding medium attacks I think the PvP community deserves the same.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely a troll set if I ever saw one. I don't know how wildly it will be used since you have to build around a heavy set. Most will run it on backbar, which means if you catch them on the front you completely skirt by it. What I imagine will happen is 1vXers (which is code for "I want to run around a bunch of stuff until the enemies finally kill me :smile: ) will use it to further drag out fights and make TTK even more annoyingly high. I could see it working in a comp group if they didn't care about damage, which some ball groups do not.
    Edited by DrSlaughtr on August 22, 2022 4:19PM
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s been such a high volume of feedback/concerns about Mara’s impact on PVP that I think ZOS will tweak it before launch, and the adjustment will make it worse.

• MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    plz zos, make me want to play for the first time in 2 patches
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    plz zos, make me want to play for the first time in 2 patches
    Me when Mara's Balm goes live in its current state on tomorrow's Live patch.
    elxpcyive5q6.gif