The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Will trial healers switch to lightning staff once again?

techprince
techprince
✭✭✭✭✭
With upcoming changes to Empower, will trial healers switch to lightning staff as off-balance will be required for HA builds?
Edited by techprince on August 18, 2022 10:58PM
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not, because endgamers won't be using HA builds when LA builds hit harder.
    I know I won't unless asked to, but I'll use inferno since every last dps matters now.
    Edited by Ishtarknows on August 18, 2022 11:09PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure @Ishtarknows is correct.

Has someone found a HA build that hits hard enough to be used by serious trial groups?

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i bet if they did, it certainly wouldnt be using a lightning staff considering losing a full tick of dmg (which most people are estimating is about 16.7%)

fire staff would be better too, even if your only attack used was wall of elements and heavy attacks, fire would be a clear winner for a heavy attack build
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Talonlord
    Talonlord
    i bet if they did, it certainly wouldnt be using a lightning staff considering losing a full tick of dmg (which most people are estimating is about 16.7%)

fire staff would be better too, even if your only attack used was wall of elements and heavy attacks, fire would be a clear winner for a heavy attack build

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're explaining why a HA build wouldn't use lightning staves themselves. But OP is asking if healers should be using using lightning staves to set up the off-balance so that the DD's using other weapons could benefit from it.