Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Planning ahead healer gear, what u recommend?

Sugram22
Sugram22
✭✭✭
i plan 1craftable sins its easier to craft 5divines then to buy or farm so i was thinking, hes lvl 5 currently Khajiit
A)Twice-Born Star Set
B)Law of Julianos Set
C) both

i personally think that A is better sins 2 Mundus Stones and divines this could boost healing a lot maybe then more then spell damage with Juliano's

but if i chose 1of them i can use recommendation for second set, but i like easy and cheap set like Spriggan's/Spinner's blue 1k per piece max 2k, i know some sell it over priced cause no1 will buy blue with 20k-50k seen them this pricy, but yea i like to get it as easy as this pen sets

and if A then i have question about Mundus Stones, recommendations for the 2 witch ones would be the best two

i was thinking:
The Thief Mundus and The Shadow
or
The Ritual and The Thief

but if something else then what u recommend?

Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 22, 2022 1:40AM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If my healer ran Twice Born Star, she would run Ritual (healing) and Apprentice (spell damage). The wonderful thing about pushing spell damage is that it boosts both damage and healing.

You'll probably find that strong enough heals will not be a problem. Keep an eye on sustain though. Among craftible sets, Seducer or Magnus Gift can be helpful there.

If you choose to include a noncrafted set, I like Spell Power Cure a lot.

My healer is a Templar so I run Rattlecage (for permanent major sorcery) and Spell Power Cure along with two mismatched monster pieces and Apprentice for mundus. Not meta but happy with it. I fine tune the balance between sustain and spell damage with my jewelry traits.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Between the two sets, I think running twice born will be the best bang for your buck. I also recommend atronach and ritual or atronach and thief. Crit healing is very powerful, and if you get a high enough chance it turns your hots into burst heals. Works best with khajiit racial.

As for a second set, I'd recommend grinding spc from white gold tower. The dungeon is easy enough to get 5 pieces and then craft what you're missing. Also, instead of a monster set, I'd say use master resto front bar for sustain and maelstrom destro (lightning or ice).
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    If my healer ran Twice Born Star, she would run Ritual (healing) and Apprentice (spell damage). The wonderful thing about pushing spell damage is that it boosts both damage and healing.

You'll probably find that strong enough heals will not be a problem. Keep an eye on sustain though. Among craftible sets, Seducer or Magnus Gift can be helpful there.

My healer is a Templar so I run Rattlecage (for permanent major sorcery) and Spell Power Cure along with two mismatched monster pieces and Apprentice for mundus. Not meta but happy with it. I fine tune the balance between sustain and spell damage with my jewelry traits.

do u mean Twice-Born Star set 2times meaning 4 mundus stones? does it work like that?
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Between the two sets, I think running twice born will be the best bang for your buck. I also recommend atronach and ritual or atronach and thief. Crit healing is very powerful, and if you get a high enough chance it turns your hots into burst heals. Works best with khajiit racial.

As for a second set, I'd recommend grinding spc from white gold tower. The dungeon is easy enough to get 5 pieces and then craft what you're missing. Also, instead of a monster set, I'd say use master resto front bar for sustain and maelstrom destro (lightning or ice).

i guess if i go seducer as second set then i can skip The Atronach? or does The Atronach give more to sustain?
    Edited by Sugram22 on August 17, 2022 11:56AM
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    1 think i want to ask more, rabid renegation as a healer is pointless? sins my heals will be good anyway?
    and for me Radiating Regeneration is better in both PVE and Cyrodiil?

also could recommend monster sets but that comes even later first i half to run some time without it
    Edited by Sugram22 on August 17, 2022 11:52AM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sugram22 wrote: »

do u mean Twice-Born Star set 2times meaning 4 mundus stones? does it work like that?

i guess if i go seducer as second set then i can skip The Atronach? or does The Atronach give more to sustain?

Yeah if you run seducer and have 3 gold cost reduct/regen jewelry, that should be enough. You could swap out atro for ritual!

If you run seducer, run regen rings and neck. If you run atronach, run seducer for cost reduct.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twice Born + Heartland for 18% healing done Powered front bar
    5 medium, 1 heavy (body), 1 light (belt)
    2 monster sets with +4% healing done

Mage + Ritual mundus

24k HP pve (with CP bonus)
    28k HP pvp (without CP bonus)

Argonian is best for such power healer

Class: templar for pve, nightblade for pvp
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should craft Coldharbour's Favorite and Order's Wrath as these have better utility than both those you mentioned, and when you can you should wear matching monster set pieces that make sense for a healer and Master's Restoration Staff.
    Edited by Bat on August 17, 2022 12:15PM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bat wrote: »
    You should craft Coldharbour's Favorite and Order's Wrath as these have better utility than both those you mentioned, and when you can you should wear matching monster set pieces that make sense for a healer and Master's Restoration Staff.

And what do you drop for that staff?
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Bat wrote: »

And what do you drop for that staff?

What do you mean?
  • Sockermannen
    Sockermannen
    ✭✭✭
    i would probably go for TBS, thing is that stacking healing done bonuses is sort of pointless since healing is so overtuned in this game so healing done stone is not needed.

Stones i would probably recommend is spell damage and crit chance, that way it will atleast help your damage aswell.

Another option could be Torug’s pact with an infused lightning/ice staff with the crusher enchantment, it will reduce the target’s armour and increase the damage the group deals. Normally the tank should run the crusher enchant but you never know with PUGS.
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭

Yeah if you run seducer and have 3 gold cost reduct/regen jewelry, that should be enough. You could swap out atro for ritual!

If you run seducer, run regen rings and neck. If you run atronach, run seducer for cost reduct.

gold is distant future i can go max epic and yawls blue
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    i would probably go for TBS, thing is that stacking healing done bonuses is sort of pointless since healing is so overtuned in this game so healing done stone is not needed.

Stones i would probably recommend is spell damage and crit chance, that way it will atleast help your damage aswell.

Another option could be Torug’s pact with an infused lightning/ice staff with the crusher enchantment, it will reduce the target’s armour and increase the damage the group deals. Normally the tank should run the crusher enchant but you never know with PUGS.

what's TBS?

u mean the Regeneration skill overall with either morphes is pointless?
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Regeneration
    Edited by Sugram22 on August 17, 2022 1:21PM
  • Sockermannen
    Sockermannen
    ✭✭✭
    Twice born star

what i ment is healing done bonuses like ritual stone or powered traits, you dont need your heals to be stronger. i find that keeping regeneration and healing springs up is more than enough for most content. that combined with a burst heal like combat prayer or breath of life in case someone takes a large chunk of damage.
    Edited by Sockermannen on August 17, 2022 1:23PM
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    @Sockermannen

i am FED, i can make only white seducer jewels and in store blue ones cost 50k-60k :(
    when i get to lvl 50 i can max afford jewels staff 2k per piece cause i don't want to be totally broke after i buy

maybe Juliano's if that's cheaper unless i see seducer lower price

its 2early to say and i haven't bean in tough spot with a group but it feels like if i only heal i shouldn't have issue with sustain

using Healing Springs and Combat Prayer basically together, other1 to buff

sustain issue comes when i use Puncturing Sweep to kill a group, training in craglorn, barely managing sustain :D
    but when i had 2 in party and healed them no issue, in training gear

if i would go to dragon star arena with just 1 set equipped i could get
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Healer's+Habit+Set
    it has 129 MP recovery to, i doubt it can be bought

this may work to
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Robes+of+Alteration+Mastery+Set
    if i spend a lot of alliance points
    Cropsford Elite Gear Vendor, and if my faction owns the area

unless i get seducer jewels somehow

Edited by Sugram22 on August 18, 2022 1:47PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I often run Weakening in healer builds.

Really, I should carry Crusher as an option and ask at the start whether the tank is running it.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I leveled characters up I used to run Julianos + Seducer.

Actually, before jewelry crafting, only 1 of those would have all 5 pieces, but never mind that detail. :)
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...i can make only white seducer jewels and in store blue ones cost 50k-60k :(
    when i get to lvl 50 i can max afford jewels staff 2k per piece cause i don't want to be totally broke after i buy

The 5th piece bonus of seducers (10% mag cost reduction) is unaffected by jewel quality; white is fine for seducer jewellery almost all of the time. Maybe upgrade in your own time later for the marginal stat increases for 1st-4th piece bonuses but I wouldn't bother.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Sockermannen

Healer´s habit is bind on equip, so it can be sold/bought on guild traders.
    The only sets in DSA that are bind on pickup are the master weapons.
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    ...i can make only white seducer jewels and in store blue ones cost 50k-60k :(

The 5th piece bonus of seducers (10% mag cost reduction) is unaffected by jewel quality; white is fine for seducer jewellery almost all of the time. Maybe upgrade in your own time later for the marginal stat increases for 1st-4th piece bonuses but I wouldn't bother.

i discovered that i could only make1 no mats, buzzy having fun and didn't notice that if i ever need to make jewels i have no mats for cp160+
    @Sockermannen

Healer´s habit is bind on equip, so it can be sold/bought on guild traders.
    The only sets in DSA that are bind on pickup are the master weapons.

good to know, new i half to see witch way is affordable for me, farm or buy
    Edited by Sugram22 on August 18, 2022 4:20PM
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would return your attention back to Spell power Cure, which was mentioned in first replays.
    If you want to be decent healer in ESO, you can't be without it.
    It's the difference set between a beginner healer and a healer who takes their role seriously.
    Edited by Elendir2am on August 18, 2022 6:13PM
    PvP - Recruit.
    PvE - Dragon food
    RPG - A guy who thought, that he can defeat daedric prince, yet guards still chase him off when he accidentally touches some object during daily writs.
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i plan 1craftable sins its easier to craft 5divines then to buy or farm so i was thinking, hes lvl 5 currently Khajiit
    A)Twice-Born Star Set
    B)Law of Julianos Set
    C) both

i personally think that A is better sins 2 Mundus Stones and divines this could boost healing a lot maybe then more then spell damage with Juliano's

but if i chose 1of them i can use recommendation for second set, but i like easy and cheap set like Spriggan's/Spinner's blue 1k per piece max 2k, i know some sell it over priced cause no1 will buy blue with 20k-50k seen them this pricy, but yea i like to get it as easy as this pen sets

and if A then i have question about Mundus Stones, recommendations for the 2 witch ones would be the best two

i was thinking:
    or
    The Ritual and The Thief

I'm a dungeon and trial healer and my first question is what kind of content are you planning on running as a healer as that really drives your build and gearing decisions since PVP is different than PVE for what makes a good healer.

Julianos is a solid starter set and I think I paired it with warmaiden until I started getting good dungeon sets to use like Spellpower cure and pair it with worm/hollowfang/etc. SPC/Worm/Hollowfang are also useful for trials even after you get trial gear.

For Mundus I generally use either the Ritual or the Thief. For armor traits I generally use divines on smaller body pieces and infused on the larger body pieces - head, pants, and chest to get additional armor with magicka enchantments on all armor pieces. I normally use the arcane trait on jewelry and then 2 magicka recovery and one spell damage glyph on jewelry. I always have my head be a heavy piece (monster) and my shoulders a medium piece (monster) but don't worry about that until you start veteran dungeons.

For weapons, on my resto staff I use the powered trait and magicka drain enchantment, and on my back bar destro staff infused and crusher enchantment.
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    I would return your attention back to Spell power Cure, which was mentioned in first replays.
    If you want to be decent healer in ESO, you can't be without it.
    It's the difference set between a beginner healer and a healer who takes their role seriously.

Combat Prayer as heal and buff works always Spell power Cure doesn't, it works only when u happen to over heal and for 5sec, reason i don't like it and reason why my DPS chars abandoned diamond's victory and doing better damage then before, it was over hyped set
    A)Twice-Born Star Set
    B)Law of Julianos Set
    C) both

i was thinking:
    or
    The Ritual and The Thief

I'm a dungeon and trial healer and my first question is what kind of content are you planning on running as a healer as that really drives your build and gearing decisions since PVP is different than PVE for what makes a good healer.

Julianos is a solid starter set and I think I paired it with warmaiden until I started getting good dungeon sets to use like Spellpower cure and pair it with worm/hollowfang/etc. SPC/Worm/Hollowfang are also useful for trials even after you get trial gear.

For Mundus I generally use either the Ritual or the Thief. For armor traits I generally use divines on smaller body pieces and infused on the larger body pieces - head, pants, and chest to get additional armor with magicka enchantments on all armor pieces. I normally use the arcane trait on jewelry and then 2 magicka recovery and one spell damage glyph on jewelry. I always have my head be a heavy piece (monster) and my shoulders a medium piece (monster) but don't worry about that until you start veteran dungeons.

For weapons, on my resto staff I use the powered trait and magicka drain enchantment, and on my back bar destro staff infused and crusher enchantment.

i like multy functionality so i can do both, that's how i run as DPS to with DPS chars cyrodiil or dungeon doesn't matter same in both just maybe few skills change in my bar depending on the class

also i never mix armor types, if i am magic uses i always run on full light i want full light armor bonus, they should add penalties to discourage ppl from mixing armor types so they would stick for their battle style/role armor like light for DPS and heal, i have same rule with DPS

mages should not wear any other armor type if they want to DPS or heal, if u want to be tank then yes and then full heavy
    Edited by Sugram22 on August 18, 2022 6:43PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Training over Divines while you're leveling up, in most cases.

But a good combat trait on your weapon, such as Precise or Infused. (Sharpened probably is good too, but there's some arithmetic to check, so why bother?)

• Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Training over Divines while you're leveling up, in most cases.

yea that's no brainer, and i mostly train in craglorn with training gear from lvl 5-50, unless i plan to switch wep like went from DW from 2h with 1char in past, cause my gear was below 50 i just did it without training gear, i think i just used left over xp scroll

Edited by Sugram22 on August 18, 2022 7:33PM
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Combat Prayer as heal and buff works always Spell power Cure doesn't, it works only when u happen to over heal and for 5sec, reason i don't like it and reason why my DPS chars abandoned diamond's victory and doing better damage then before, it was over hyped set

You should have placed HoTs and overhealing constantly. Triggering SPC is automatic with correct healing technic.
    Edited by Elendir2am on August 18, 2022 7:36PM
    PvP - Recruit.
    PvE - Dragon food
    RPG - A guy who thought, that he can defeat daedric prince, yet guards still chase him off when he accidentally touches some object during daily writs.
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my best stab at this

Some things to remember that I have noticed from experience..

- You can't heal anyone if you're dead

- You are of no use to anyone if you can't manage your resources. And what I mean is, on this one run for example, this Argonian person was our healer and I noticed the heals seemed to slack off quickly and then I caught her light attacking with a resto staff. Yes. I'm not joking, this was on one of the Reach dungeons.. iron forge or whatever its called. Was not happy with her.

- As far as what gear to use, the thing is, healers fall victim to other people's outlandish expectations similar to Tanks. So expect that whatever you choose, someone else may not approve and you might get kicked. In fairness, realize that there are higher standard for healers that eventually you should become familiar with. However, my PvP pocket healer is always welcomed wherever I go because I also follow the rules set in this post.

- Be able to contribute to damage when buffs and purges aren't required. Yes, let's get some DPS lined up to help the group. Typically this is done using a Lightning Staff along with the uhhh funny green bobble from the undaunted line. Although that can also be used for healing, up to you but be able to do more than just sit there and LA and HA. Be robust not a burden.

- Be mobile. So the psijic skill tree as something called Race against time and I recommend you check that out. The idea is you want to be able to keep up with Team. Don't expect the Team to cover you, keep up with them.

- Use innovations with your heals. So anyone can sit there and spam resto staff heals but what you want is to distinguish your ability from a generic healer. In other words use things that provide the Team with shields (wards) and purges and the undaunted blood fountain is great as well because ppl can heal themselves which takes stress and resources off you.

As far as sets go, there are alot of different options. I have what I use but it would take too long to go over the reasons for why it works. As I said, healing builds are a lightning rod for scrutiny so that's why the value you bring must be so good they never question your build. Just my advice hope this helps. Thanks
    Edited by Vulkunne on August 18, 2022 7:49PM
    "I know that someday that sun is bound to shine." -Ella Fitzgerald
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised people are trying to tell a level 5 to get Spell Power Cure over something like Winter's Respite, which is very cheap outside of the frost staff and gives a very reliable AoE heal (for 10 seconds every 10 seconds, so you can drop it again instantly) that can proc off things like Healing Springs as well as Wall of Elements, giving you some flexibility on your destro bar by essentially letting you toss a mini Healing Springs under your damage AoEs. I recently built an extremely gimmicky 'Infinite Magicka' heal warden w/ Winter's Respite and managed to clear Cauldron Hard Mode despite that fight being an EXTREMELY poor match-up for ground effect healing centric builds. The heal itself is relatively strong considering it's a mere set effect but it synergizes really well with a lot of skills and allows for some interesting interplay between sets (i.e. Using Winter's Revenge to proc Respite for the heal, then the frost damage can proc Nuntak to give you access to the only source of major brittle all in only one cast - if only Nuntak wasn't just god awful in general).

Healing is honestly more art than science, anyone who says you NEED a specific set is lying through their teeth, because healer has to be the single most flexible role when it comes to set choice, and it's very easy to flex entire sets and half your skills without sacrificing a lot of healing efficacy - which I find most meta sets have a lot of wasted overhealing for normal content anyway. It's mostly about the learning curve to managing your resources and know which attacks and mob packs you need to lay down pre-emptive heals for, and when to shrug your shoulders and let DPS die to their own failures. That was an important lesson for me to internalize in this game vs others because it never feels GOOD to let someone die, but if someone is constantly out of position and healing them would put the rest of the group in jeopardy, then hasta la vista bow mains.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anything with spell power cure will work.
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on August 21, 2022 7:35PM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alchemical wrote: »
    I'm surprised people are trying to tell a level 5 to get Spell Power Cure over something like Winter's Respite, which is very cheap outside of the frost staff and gives a very reliable AoE heal (for 10 seconds every 10 seconds, so you can drop it again instantly) that can proc off things like Healing Springs as well as Wall of Elements, giving you some flexibility on your destro bar by essentially letting you toss a mini Healing Springs under your damage AoEs. I recently built an extremely gimmicky 'Infinite Magicka' heal warden w/ Winter's Respite and managed to clear Cauldron Hard Mode despite that fight being an EXTREMELY poor match-up for ground effect healing centric builds. The heal itself is relatively strong considering it's a mere set effect but it synergizes really well with a lot of skills and allows for some interesting interplay between sets (i.e. Using Winter's Revenge to proc Respite for the heal, then the frost damage can proc Nuntak to give you access to the only source of major brittle all in only one cast - if only Nuntak wasn't just god awful in general).

Healing is honestly more art than science, anyone who says you NEED a specific set is lying through their teeth, because healer has to be the single most flexible role when it comes to set choice, and it's very easy to flex entire sets and half your skills without sacrificing a lot of healing efficacy - which I find most meta sets have a lot of wasted overhealing for normal content anyway. It's mostly about the learning curve to managing your resources and know which attacks and mob packs you need to lay down pre-emptive heals for, and when to shrug your shoulders and let DPS die to their own failures. That was an important lesson for me to internalize in this game vs others because it never feels GOOD to let someone die, but if someone is constantly out of position and healing them would put the rest of the group in jeopardy, then hasta la vista bow mains.

I did not find Winters very cheap. The right traits are pretty penny.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vulkunne wrote: »
    Here's my best stab at this

Some things to remember that I have noticed from experience..

- You can't heal anyone if you're dead

- You are of no use to anyone if you can't manage your resources. And what I mean is, on this one run for example, this Argonian person was our healer and I noticed the heals seemed to slack off quickly and then I caught her light attacking with a resto staff. Yes. I'm not joking, this was on one of the Reach dungeons.. iron forge or whatever its called. Was not happy with her.

- As far as what gear to use, the thing is, healers fall victim to other people's outlandish expectations similar to Tanks. So expect that whatever you choose, someone else may not approve and you might get kicked. In fairness, realize that there are higher standard for healers that eventually you should become familiar with. However, my PvP pocket healer is always welcomed wherever I go because I also follow the rules set in this post.

- Be able to contribute to damage when buffs and purges aren't required. Yes, let's get some DPS lined up to help the group. Typically this is done using a Lightning Staff along with the uhhh funny green bobble from the undaunted line. Although that can also be used for healing, up to you but be able to do more than just sit there and LA and HA. Be robust not a burden.

- Be mobile. So the psijic skill tree as something called Race against time and I recommend you check that out. The idea is you want to be able to keep up with Team. Don't expect the Team to cover you, keep up with them.

- Use innovations with your heals. So anyone can sit there and spam resto staff heals but what you want is to distinguish your ability from a generic healer. In other words use things that provide the Team with shields (wards) and purges and the undaunted blood fountain is great as well because ppl can heal themselves which takes stress and resources off you.

As far as sets go, there are alot of different options. I have what I use but it would take too long to go over the reasons for why it works. As I said, healing builds are a lightning rod for scrutiny so that's why the value you bring must be so good they never question your build. Just my advice hope this helps. Thanks

I like Frost stuff on a heeler. You get minor main, shields, protection, and critical for the group. There's a lot of other ways to get minor vulnerability now.