Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mara's balm needs a nerf

nejcn001
nejcn001
✭✭✭
Its a straight up PVP set, that bring PVP into a stalemate...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW2rAvPffXs
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set needs some major adjusting
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not too convinced it's going to be a problem outside of skilled solo/1vX players becoming an unkillable nuisance. There's simply not enough solos left in Cyrodiil for that to make an impact.

I cannot imagine any zergling running this set for long. The logic being 6 negative effects (including plaguebreak) can simply be applied by a single "bomber" in 1-2 GCD, triggering plaguebreak explosions from multiple Mara's Balms and wiping the entire zerg. I say "bomber" because it doesn't even need damage in the conventional sense - you can easily do it with just plaguebreak on top of 2 defensive sets (even your own Mara's Balm) and be unkillable as well. I'll probably be converting from glass cannon 10K weapon damage bombing to this tankbombing setup in U35.
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »
    I'm not too convinced it's going to be a problem outside of skilled solo/1vX players becoming an unkillable nuisance. There's simply not enough solos left in Cyrodiil for that to make an impact.

I cannot imagine any zergling running this set for long. The logic being 6 negative effects (including plaguebreak) can simply be applied by a single "bomber" in 1-2 GCD, triggering plaguebreak explosions from multiple Mara's Balms and wiping the entire zerg. I say "bomber" because it doesn't even need damage in the conventional sense - you can easily do it with just plaguebreak on top of 2 defensive sets (even your own Mara's Balm) and be unkillable as well. I'll probably be converting from glass cannon 10K weapon damage bombing to this tankbombing setup in U35.

I try not to look at sets based on how they may or may not fit into a specific meta or in certain instances of pvp. It's a lot easier to just compare sets and their value vs sets that are similar. This set is vastly better than hist sap, wyrd tree, crimson, etc. It's really not comparable to what it gives from a healing perspective.

From a survival perspective, it's better than any mitigation set due to how much healing it is providing. It's just a lot stronger than its peers. It would be a different discussion if it was 1-5% stronger, but this isn't that, this is like 2-300% stronger.

When sets this strong are introduced, they change how pvp is played because they are that strong. maybe ball groups won't run it because they want to stack on crown, but they no longer have to with this set. 5 man groups will have the healing power of fully spec'd ball groups because they wear this set, without the issue of nuking their 12-24 man.

regardless of my opinion or your opinion, if we just look at comparable values to sets, there's no comparison here which is the problem.
    Edited by FrankonPC on August 16, 2022 5:25AM
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    FrankonPC wrote: »
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »

I try not to look at sets based on how they may or may not fit into a specific meta or in certain instances of pvp. It's a lot easier to just compare sets and their value vs sets that are similar. This set is vastly better than hist sap, wyrd tree, crimson, etc. It's really not comparable to what it gives from a healing perspective.

From a survival perspective, it's better than any mitigation set due to how much healing it is providing. It's just a lot stronger than its peers. It would be a different discussion if it was 1-5% stronger, but this isn't that, this is like 2-300% stronger.

When sets this strong are introduced, they change how pvp is played because they are that strong. maybe ball groups won't run it because they want to stack on crown, but they no longer have to with this set. 5 man groups will have the healing power of fully spec'd ball groups because they wear this set, without the issue of nuking their 12-24 man.

regardless of my opinion or your opinion, if we just look at comparable values to sets, there's no comparison here which is the problem.

Not gonna lie, I'm probably gonna use it too. I just think that the meta of faction stacking and plaguebreak won't change anytime soon so the majority of players cannot wear this set effectively. I can think of a million better ways for ZOS to counter this behavior such as removing bridges/gates/hammer and adjusting AP to reward more for PVP and less for PvDoor etc. But ZOS has decided that to use broken sets to influence the meta so we're always at the mercy of overpowered cheese every patch.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am waiting to get this set at least in one form and then use it because it is ridiculous.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. This is kinda like Plaguebreak, but works in the opposite way - it heals instead of dealing ridiculous amounts of damage.

So um... definitely problematic, but unlike PB, DC or Hrothgar - it won't kill anyone on it's own. It won't be seen on anyone's death recap.

It seems to me like ZOS is yet again out of ideas how to balance PvP, or worse - they are out of ideas, but they want people to keep playing PvP, at all cost so the yet again add broken set so people will grind it via Reward Boxes...
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe that sales for High Isle were disappointing. It is 2 months since release and it's already on sale.

To get a chance at Mara's Balm you must have High Isle.

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that sales for High Isle were disappointing. It is 2 months since release and it's already on sale.

Wait.... it is a PvP set, that drops from Rewards for the Worthy boxes in Cyrodiil, so it seems like it is a base game set. But the page also says: DLC Requirement: Lost Depths

So um... does it mean that it won't drop from the base game reward box, unless I buy the new DLC ? ? It was not the case with previous PvP sets. I am confused. Can anyone one explain this ?

https://eso-hub.com/en/sets/maras-balm
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on August 16, 2022 10:16AM
  • VixxVexx
    VixxVexx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember Health recovery meta? Undertaker? Crimson? This is worse. I'm so tired of this. Send help.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Source?

Edit: The PvP sets are part of the base game update that comes with the two Dungeons. You do not need to buy anything.
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on August 16, 2022 1:12PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. This is kinda like Plaguebreak, but works in the opposite way - it heals instead of dealing ridiculous amounts of damage.

So um... definitely problematic, but unlike PB, DC or Hrothgar - it won't kill anyone on it's own. It won't be seen on anyone's death recap.

It seems to me like ZOS is yet again out of ideas how to balance PvP, or worse - they are out of ideas, but they want people to keep playing PvP, at all cost so the yet again add broken set so people will grind it via Reward Boxes...

I actually think this set furthers the Oakensoul buffs too.

You can basically remove active healing from your bar with it. So you free up a bar slot from needing a heal, or at least from needing to run vigor/regen. Which gives a bit more utility on the Oakensoul 1 bar setup.

I am 100% planning on running this, in its current form, with Oakensoul, on my sorc. Maybe even using Nocturnals Ploy with it.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PB has really seemed to be a non-issue lately unless you are stacked super tight. DC kind of helps that, but outside of that, I barely see it. Then the Plague Break cooldown coming, you would have to really line it up to have it go off via maras balm while also all stacked together.

And if sweeps/jabs were not dead from nerfs; well, I decent tooltip on jabs is 4k per hit. Battle spirit takes that down to 2k, armor and minor protection can take that down to 1K and evasion can do even more but lets say it sticks at 1k. Jabs and heals will be healing the target more than damaging by refreshing its snare and ultimately supplying the maras balm wearer with 3k HPS AFTER battle spirit. Isn't that just grand.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Source?

Edit: The PvP sets are part of the base game update that comes with the two Dungeons. You do not need to buy anything.

When I googled Mara's Balm it stated on ESO hub that you could get this on Lost Depths. Is that not new dlc content?
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry I confused dlc content with chapter, regardless it is something I would have to buy since I NEVER do dungeons.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Source?

When I googled Mara's Balm it stated on ESO hub that you could get this on Lost Depths. Is that not new dlc content?

That is the patch name that adds it to the game. But that patch comes with base game changes as well.