Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Nocturnal ploy set and "delayed abilities"

dolphezious
dolphezious
✭✭
Hi,

Im busting my brains since nerf to find a way how to make this set work on warden class, and what in hell it is meant by "this" : (5/5 piece set bonus) - does not apply to abilites with delays.

So, being confused already as it is, I have to ask:

1. Can I procc the 5/5 nocturnal ploy bonus with magicka scorch version of skill, aka deep fissure ?
(Stir a group of shalk that attack after 3 seconds, dealing 3240 Magic Damage to enemies in front of you. Enemies damaged are afflicted with Major and Minor Breach, reducing their Physical and Spell Resistance by 5948 and 2974 for 10 seconds.)

2. If not, can I procc the 5/5 nocturnal ploy bonus with Corrupting pollen skill from green balance tree?
(Summon a field of flowers which blooms after 6 seconds, healing you and allies in the area for 3600 Health. Enemies who enter the field are afflicted with Major Defile and Minor Cowardice, reducing their healing received by 16% and their Weapon and Spell Damage by 215. An ally within the field can activate the Harvest synergy, healing for 3372 Health over 5 seconds.)

Are these two skills considered "delayed" or do they work with procc? If they do not work, can someone point me to skill which will procc the nocturnal ploy 5/5 on warden?

Greatly appreciated to one who can confirm this and explain.

Thanks.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 14, 2022 5:08PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it does not work with abilities on a delay, then it likely will not work on scorch

corrupting pollen is a different case, in this instance the only delayed portion is a heal, the debuff from this set applies immediately to anyone in the area when cast, or those who walk into the area so it should still work because the debuff itself is not delayed, and the heal does not affect enemies
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities