Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

PSA - New broken set that will make you or your enemies unkillable.

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that we are planning to reduce the healing done from this item set in the next incremental patch, which is currently scheduled for the week of September 5.

Not enough, not soon enough. You were warned weeks in advance that this would be a problem, and it was ignored.

Try again.

Absolutely right.

What is the point of the PTS when obvious problems such as this set are called out by the community and ignored by the developers for over an entire month?
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look guys at least theyre adressing the issue in an incremental patch instea of 4 months later
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Dulkur
    Dulkur
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that we are planning to reduce the healing done from this item set in the next incremental patch, which is currently scheduled for the week of September 5.

How is this acceptable?

The developers want us to trust them, but they went forward with something they knew was broken and intend to fix in the future. Which is an improvement to all the things they know are broken but have no intention to fix, but not much.

If something is broken it is bad for it to get to the live servers or persist on them.

Obviously a large number of players like the broken things they can exploit, but do you really believe this is a net good for the player base?

• blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small mercies indeed. They should know everyone is searching for the cheese here and really adept at finding it.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If by reducing the healing you mean fix it so that it doesnt procc off of effects reapplying and expiring, or adding a cooldown to the heal than nice.
    If you like cut the heal in half that wont be enough.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is now a Buff Plaguebreak thread
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    If by reducing the healing you mean fix it so that it doesnt procc off of effects reapplying and expiring, or adding a cooldown to the heal than nice.
    If you like cut the heal in half that wont be enough.

Yeah - I have no issue with defenses which scale with the number of attackers, but this one is way too dependent on exactly which sets and abilities the attackers happened to slot.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno, thanks for giving us an update. I think it’s important that the devs are aware the real reason this is overpowered is because it reapplies whenever a negative effect is refreshed, and pretty much all abilities apply some form of negative effect.

A Templar spamming jabs will refresh the jabs snare every time they recast jabs, NB with surprise attack will refresh sundered status effect, and wardens hitting you multiple times with deep fissure will proc the set twice every time it lands with major and minor breach, among many other skills.

The issue lies that just for attacking your opponent you are giving them free healing. A good solution to this would be for the set to read, receive the heal every time a negative effect is purged, rather than when a negative effect ends.

@ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by MentalxHammer on August 22, 2022 4:56PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno, thanks for giving us an update. I think it’s important that the devs are aware the real reason this is overpowered is because it reapplies whenever a negative effect is refreshed, and pretty much all abilities apply some form of negative effect.

A Templar spamming jabs will refresh the jabs snare every time they recast jabs, NB with surprise attack will refresh sundered status effect, and wardens hitting you multiple times with deep fissure will proc the set twice every time it lands with major and minor breach, among many other skills.

The issue lies that just for attacking your opponent you are giving them free healing. A good solution to this would be for the set to read, receive the heal every time a negative effect is purged, rather than when a negative effect ends.

@ZOS_RichLambert

I'm not so sure about that. IMHO that would make this set templar/necro exclusive, because let's face it, no one but ball groups use Purge/Cleanse in solo builds. A better solution would be to add a cool down for that part of the set. Even 1s cool down would make the set similar to a set like Hist Sap, which is strong, but not OP.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well; hopefully players see that before going and golding out a set. Not because I don't want them to waste their time and get upset when its nerfed; I'lll laugh at that. But because I don't want to see this ridiculousness for even a very short bit

Anyone who thinks / thought that...
    * this set wouldn't be an issue and not get subsequently nerfed
    * so it's a good idea to gold it out
    ...deserves to lose their money.

Everyone knows Mara's Balm is wildly imbalanced - just look at the GT prices. I've profited over 2.5mm gold the past 2 days simply by reselling set pieces.

This kind of wildly imbalanced itemization happens every patch, and the entity responsible for wildly imbalanced itemization is ZoS. The players do their part to report feedback on the PTS. ZoS routinely ignores it.

It's not Gina's fault. She's the messenger. The devs who do the design and coding need to process the feedback that players take the time to submit on the PTS.
    Edited by taugrim on August 25, 2022 11:37AM
    PC | NA | CP 2.3k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • sunshineflame
    sunshineflame
    ✭✭✭
    We will be reducing the heal of the set 1.6% to better align with our global standards...
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Give it cooldown like any other sets that functions similarly.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on August 26, 2022 12:20AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • GarethDav
    GarethDav
    ✭✭
    Easy Fix until the incremental patch:

Don't put it into the Rewards of the Worthy going forward until after the incremental patch. It should be as simple as removing it from the rng engine that grants Rewards for the Worthy.

Sure - there will be existing pieces still out there until then - so be it (can't believe those can be recalled and transmuted to something else from Rewards from the worth but sure the masses will revolt even more).

We just don't need any more of this shite out in the world until it is fixed.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's out there now. Quite a bit actually. Can't put the genie back in the bottle
  • lexicondevil99
    lexicondevil99
    ✭✭✭
    GarethDav wrote: »
    Easy Fix until the incremental patch:

Don't put it into the Rewards of the Worthy going forward until after the incremental patch. It should be as simple as removing it from the rng engine that grants Rewards for the Worthy.

Sure - there will be existing pieces still out there until then - so be it (can't believe those can be recalled and transmuted to something else from Rewards from the worth but sure the masses will revolt even more).

We just don't need any more of this shite out in the world until it is fixed.

That ship has sailed.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not enough, not soon enough. You were warned weeks in advance that this would be a problem, and it was ignored.

Try again.

Absolutely right.

What is the point of the PTS when obvious problems such as this set are called out by the community and ignored by the developers for over an entire month?

Because if they had changed it before then they wouldnt make as much money off the new DLC. Notice the change coming is not laid out and so its basically a vague promise to nerf this.
    Edited by Nomadic_Atmoran on August 26, 2022 7:20PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • TheSpunkyLobster

Try again.

Absolutely right.

Because if they had changed it before then they wouldnt make as much money off the new DLC. Notice the change coming is not laid out and so its basically a vague promise to nerf this.

Interesting opinion on a set available in the base game without any dlcs
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I went agsaint this set as a templar in PvP today
    I was doing ~200 damage a hit per with jabs due to the 0.5 second snare getting removed and reapplied on every hit, as well as wearing off after 0.5 seconds
    "fun"
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely comical. This is better than the pre-nerf Alessian Order werewolf meta.

Six weeks of players warning how broken this set was, and yet here we are.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Ralamil
    Ralamil
    ✭✭✭✭

What changed? Did weeks of negative feedback make you all think "Gosh, our players are overreacting, SURELY this set will earn us good will once it goes live!"

Because you all REALLY need to stop thinking like that. It ALWAYS ends exactly like this for you: You don't listen to people who test your game and clearly understand it [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 12, 2022 5:27PM
    Karn Wild-Blood - PC NA AD Nord Warden
  • MarioMario
    MarioMario
    ✭✭✭
    Let's be honest, approaching PvP for a novice is a traumatic experience.
    I think zos creates sets like Mara's, from time to time, to entice newbies to pvp.
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has an obvious counter: don't apply any status effects. Nirnhoned heavy attacks perhaps. My favorite is deadlands demolisher with a stun. 3 bashes a second with constant interrupts so they can't cast anything.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logan_ESO wrote: »
    I think zos creates sets like Mara's, from time to time, to entice newbies to pvp.

Well...... what will a newbie's reaction be when they get into their first fight, and can do literally no damage? And then get stomped by their target who is an experienced PvPer?

Also, a newbie would have to earn 20,000 AP for a 1 in 9 chance to pull a Mara's Balm set piece. And the odds of getting five different pieces with no duplicates are not good. And the alternative would have them spending millions of gold in guild stores, just for a chance to be traumatized by fighting unkillable PvP veterans.

Edited by Jaraal on August 31, 2022 8:55AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • TheSpunkyLobster
    Jaraal wrote: »
    logan_ESO wrote: »

Well...... what will a newbie's reaction be when they get into their first fight, and can do literally no damage? And then get stomped by their target who is an experienced PvPer?

Also, a newbie would have to earn 20,000 AP for a 1 in 9 chance to pull a Mara's Balm set piece. And the odds of getting five different pieces with no duplicates are not good. And the alternative would have them spending millions of gold in guild stores, just for a chance to be traumatized by fighting unkillable PvP veterans.

That's true price wise for the first few weeks, and I'm not in any way defending this set, but those prices will drop massively for off trait pieces in a few weeks just like all the other rotw sets (and hopefully be worthless if they nerf it properly :P)
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's not a DLC set.

Doesn't make it any better though.
  • TheSpunkyLobster

It's not a DLC set.

Doesn't make it any better though.

Everything must be called P2W even when its not apparently. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story :D
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    For Maras Balm to help newbies they first have to notice how good it is and play enaugh PvP/spent enaugh money to learn how good it is. If ZoS wants to reduce skill gap they always want to reduce the impact of combat skill and never the impact of build.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If burst is king, and the proc only occurs every 15 seconds, I guess I'm wondering how impactful it really is? Couldn't you just...idk, trigger the set, open your 15 second window, and go ham?

The problem is that in Cyrodiil you're not just fighting one person wearing the set. I can see this set being very popular in PvP ball groups,
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If burst is king, and the proc only occurs every 15 seconds, I guess I'm wondering how impactful it really is? Couldn't you just...idk, trigger the set, open your 15 second window, and go ham?

It's not the 15 second heal after 6. You basically get a HOT at over 1k a tick AFTER battlespirit whenever a debuff or status effect is reapplied/refreshed and that can occur more than once per second, per enemy attacking.

Iean you can try building for no debuffs and status effects but good luck getting your target to match your self gimping by not running their own buffs that the debuffs help counter.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If there's no cooldown added it won't solve a thing, and it will keep Cyrodiil performance in the septic tank. I am convinced that the poor PC NA Cyrodiil performance is because of this set constantly being calculated over and over and over nonstop.