The PTS is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/665106

Medium Weaving new meta.

arkadiusz1992eb17_ESO
So its set in stone now, for the next 3 months at least we will have medium weaving and resto staff meta , thank you ZOS for making the game more accesible. You really listiened to the comunity and have great and bright ideas every 3 months. I personally cant wait for a complete 180 flip the table meta shift next patch. pp,504x498-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

• LeonAkando
    LeonAkando
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is sort of a non-issue. Youtubers will post screenshots of like an 80k Resto Staff parse and meme about how much damage it does, but lets be very clear, everyone who has done testing on the PTS (and yes even those youtubers) still get the most optimal damage out of light attacking.

Medium weaving MIGHT become pretty solid, but that opportunity cost of throwing in Empower into a comp, is damage you could be optimizing elsewhere with an LA team.

Healers can now do semi-respectable damage when paired with Empower, that's a fine change.
    I actually think is makes for a compelling case for DK Healers.
    They can provide themselves with 100% Empower Uptime, and do considerable damage while healing with the Obsidian Shard morph and Essence Drain restoration staff passive. Could be the first time ever that DK healer has an identity lol.
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    LeonAkando wrote: »
    Medium weaving MIGHT become pretty solid, but that opportunity cost of throwing in Empower into a comp, is damage you could be optimizing elsewhere with an LA team.

Empower is not a hard buff to get, its very common in organized groups which is where the meta is at its purest.
    PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
    STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is sort of a non-issue. Youtubers will post screenshots of like an 80k Resto Staff parse and meme about how much damage it does, but lets be very clear, everyone who has done testing on the PTS (and yes even those youtubers) still get the most optimal damage out of light attacking.

Healers can now do semi-respectable damage when paired with Empower, that's a fine change.
    I actually think is makes for a compelling case for DK Healers.
    They can provide themselves with 100% Empower Uptime, and do considerable damage while healing with the Obsidian Shard morph and Essence Drain restoration staff passive. Could be the first time ever that DK healer has an identity lol.

Is this sarcastic?
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    while healing with the Obsidian Shard morph
    with this skill you can heal self or two allies, so in trial group its pretty pointless imo.
  • LeonAkando
    LeonAkando
    ✭✭✭✭

Empower is not a hard buff to get, its very common in organized groups which is where the meta is at its purest.

Currently you provide Empower with 2 Necromancers and Empowering Grasp.
    If you've played at this level then you understand that as soon as you can drop those necromancers you will. The goal is to bring the highest dps class and as many of them as possible. This patch, stamcro has been very strong, but after those heavy nerfs, well I'm not betting on them.

Put it like this,
    Bringing 100% Empower MA Weaving could be like.. 1-2% more dps if perfectly performed, but that costs me 2 Necromancers. Or I can swap out the Necro healer and tank with other classes, then swap in more meta dps classes who do more than 1-2% dps, and have more margin for error than MA builds.

All in all, it depends on the tuning, but I haven't seen any MA parse above LA parses, yet.
    Edited by LeonAkando on August 8, 2022 6:11PM
  • LeonAkando
    LeonAkando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trundik wrote: »
    while healing with the Obsidian Shard morph
    with this skill you can heal self or two allies, so in trial group its pretty pointless imo.

Oh I agree it's not meta. We are talking about DKs after all. I'm just thinking of things at an identity level. No one at the high level is going to be minmaxing around resto staff damage regardless.
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you can just light attack.

You do not need to make the game considerably less enjoyable for the sake of 2% extra damage.

ZOS is not "forcing you". You're forcing yourself to do something you clearly don't want to do. So just don't. You'll probably be losing DPS by medium weaving, just as a result of you being frustrated and fumbling many actions.

What even is the advantage of going for medium attacks?
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • EmilyElizabethESO
    EmilyElizabethESO
    ✭✭✭
    On behalf of the new players this update was supposed help; what is a medium attack?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On behalf of the new players this update was supposed help; what is a medium attack?

Everything longer than a light attack but not a completely charged heavy attack. You just press the attack button slightly longer than you would for a standard light attack.