Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Class Change Tokens

SerasWhip
SerasWhip
✭✭✭✭
Would you like to be able to change your characters' class?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 8, 2022 1:49AM

Class Change Tokens 119 votes

Yes
64%
DysturbedHolycannoliFawlchacheeseaddictmertustaRecktrithiusOediphitryShagrethLivvyStormbringerAjaxandrielAmphithoeBlkadrshadyjane62w002expElo106ParasaurolophusSpawn186MikeSkyrim333Manslayer49MakeMeUhSamich 77 votes
No
35%
RiptideStxtohopka_esoxaraanfreespiritphaneub17_ESOSilverBrideTandorHoushikikargen27DragonnordSarannahOberon45Sylosialtunit21TornaadmocapKiralyn2000sharquezExtinct_Solo_Player 42 votes
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    That's what the create new character button on the main menu is for ...
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD
    Rosara Laumont - Breton - Warden Healer - AD
    Do'Darri - Khajiit - Stam Arcanist - AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not again.. If you want to play another class just make a new character and unlock all those things you need like everyone else with multiple characters. All those class change requests just sound like being lazy. And if you only want to play one character that's on you, not anyone else.
    I'm but a sarcastic beef jerky. Irony and cynicism are my parents. You've been warned.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    How else are they going to sell you skill points and skill lines you already learned on another character if you're just going to swap classes and not buy the filler in between. Those smaller sales add up for the lazy and impulsive, one class change could be 5000 crowns but still nowhere as much as selling the other things individually.
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Hamish999 wrote: »

Not sure if you understand what the question implies.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    account wide achievements
    account wide gear sticker book
    account wide motifs
    account wide mounts etc
    account wide companions (once unlocked from quest)
    account wide skill lines (pay wall though + must be unlocked at least once)

What else ZOS have to do to make you realize that your characters are essentially no different? New ones included.

Simply put: there is no longer a so called "main character", all your characters are main in ESO. With some exception of master crafter toon.
    Edited by mocap on August 7, 2022 12:19PM
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'd rather start from scratch with a new character, so I can learn my abilities and character as I level up.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Maybe if it worked the a similar way as the various skill line unlocks with you having to have at least levelled one of each class to level 50.

I say that because I can just see people with only one character buying the token to change to a class they haven't played before finding they don't like it and proceeding to pester customer support to change it back to get out of buying another expensive token.

Would I buy one though, no because I have multiple characters, if I want to play a different class I just log into one of the others. There are more than enough free character slots available to allow you to create one of each class.
  • DaleyPia
    DaleyPia
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. O-M-G-YES!
    I only have two characters, and they're the same class because that's the class I like best, but I tried to get one of my friends to play, and she chose a different class, and she HATES it. She already has it leveled to like 35 and most of her crafting is pretty far along, and I think a Class Skill Change Token would be GREAT.

I think if they made it so that everything on your character stays the same, but the skill line starts at zero, that would be perfect. As a penalty for "skill jumpers", each time you change a skill, it resets to zero.

It would be most useful to new players, so you don't get stuck in a level 1-20 loop trying to find a skill line that works for your play style. After you HAVE a main character, it's no big deal, because you can just abandon the new one, and play what you have, but I think newer players would really appreciate the option.
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, because ZOS already monetized everything else... from werewolf/vampire bites (shame shame)... race change, etc... we don't need to give the developers other ideas to further turn this game into their mega cash cow.

If the class token was a thing... the developers would be nerfing classes left to right to force people to buy crowns to buy tokens... a shady practice!
    Edited by RaikaNA on August 7, 2022 12:53PM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nah, I have lots of everything but necro, I just play whatever looks like the most fun - though generally I do prefer my wardens.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, but I don't use any of the other 'change' tokens, either.

As said, that's what making alts is for. /shrug

(I honestly don't see the point of class change, since you lose out on the 'learning the class/abilities while leveling' thing. But I suppose for people who just follow metas & guides, and stand in front of dummies doing rotations & parses, that isn't a thing anymore.)
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    [snip] I still don't get why people seem so obtuse they don't understand no one wants to mount train for 6 months, Daily. No no one wants to go through the process of researching traits, or having their main toon they've invested in be able to do everything they've worked so hard to be rendered useless on a new character.

Create the [snip] token now.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 7, 2022 6:05PM
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    [snip] I still don't get why people seem so obtuse they don't understand no one wants to mount train for 6 months, Daily. No no one wants to go through the process of researching traits, or having their main toon they've invested in be able to do everything they've worked so hard to be rendered useless on a new character.

Create the [snip] token now.

I did mount training on 16 characters and all are maxed. All 16 are level 50. All 16 have full gear with perfect traits, glyphs and at least purple quality with all weapons and lots of jewelry being golden. When do you start to understand that there is no "main" character but lots of different ones you can choose from to play today? Non of my toons is useless, each having their own special tweak while one is my master crafter and another one my main quest toon.

This is no single player RPG where you're the "one main character", different races and classes exist to be played equaly. It's just your narrow and stubborn thinking that you need to have a "main".

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 7, 2022 6:06PM
    I'm but a sarcastic beef jerky. Irony and cynicism are my parents. You've been warned.
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd even go further and ask not for a one-time class change, but for unlocking all classes on one character like in FFXIV. I have a main, I prefer doing everything on my main, I love playing NB, but oh, I would LOVE to have a magDK build on her.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would only say no to this if they make literally everything account bind including recipe knowledge and if they implement a way to skip the quest and get the rewards.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    No one got time to level up endless alts, with account wide achievements making alts got pointless. Class change token please!
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would want one. I just don't know what I would reroll. I am 8 year Templar and have never been anything else.
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice, just reached grand overlord after 7 years, i only pvp but took long breaks from the game. Thank goodness for account wide titles at least i can put grand overlord on my alt characters that are low rank, but im not grinding for 5 stars again on a new character.
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    SerasWhip wrote: »
    Hamish999 wrote: »

Not sure if you understand what the question implies.

It seems they do understand the question very well. If their reply was unclear, they note how we can create many new characters in various classes if we want to play a different class.

• dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nah not needed. bury this horse already.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it'd incentivize excessive min-maxing by players and extreme balance choices by developers to get extra sales both of which are less than ideal.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    This would hurt sales on multiple fronts: new character slot, skyshards, skill lines, xp scrolls, and so on, hence I don't think they would do it. But levelling a new class toon is so fast and easy these days, I don't think it's a big deal.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, every time this topic comes up, the naysayers come out in droves to cry "Leveling a new character is so quick!" And again they completely ignore:

1) The fact that all Food/Drink recipes are character-bound;
    2) The fact that all Furnishing Plans are character-bound;
    3) The fact that grinding out all the relevant Guild/Group/World lines is something that people might not have the time to do;
    4) The fact that a lot of people can't afford to buy these Lines from the CS;
    5) The fact that you need to have these Lines fully maxed on one other character before you can buy them;
    6) The fact that Bag Space and Mounts would need to be completely expanded on again;
    7) The fact that we have limited numbers of character slots, and someone might not be ABLE to make a new character;
    8) The fact that not all achievements are account-wide now;

and probably other things I'm forgetting atm. People always choose the laziest way of shooting down the idea with "it's so fast and easy to level a new character" when that is literally the last thing people who want to be able to change Classes care about.

And for those concerned this would make ZOS nerf the Classes or do result in people constantly changing their Class to chase the meta....what's the difference between leveling a new character, if it's so quick and easy, and just...changing your main's Class? People already constantly chase the meta, and it would be a simple matter to make it so you can only do a Class change once every X number of days/weeks/months/whatever.

It's totally fine if people wouldn't use it or have no need for it. I'm one of them, I don't really have any interest or need to change any of my characters' Classes. But what irritates me is when people parrot "it's easy to level a new character" when that ignores so many things.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Arunei wrote: »
    Ah, every time this topic comes up, the naysayers come out in droves to cry "Leveling a new character is so quick!" And again they completely ignore:

3) The fact that grinding out all the relevant Guild/Group/World lines is something that people might not have the time to do;
    5) The fact that you need to have these Lines fully maxed on one other character before you can buy them;
    6) The fact that Bag Space and Mounts would need to be completely expanded on again;
    7) The fact that we have limited numbers of character slots, and someone might not be ABLE to make a new character;

and probably other things I'm forgetting atm. People always choose the laziest way of shooting down the idea with "it's so fast and easy to level a new character" when that is literally the last thing people who want to be able to change Classes care about.

And for those concerned this would make ZOS nerf the Classes or do result in people constantly changing their Class to chase the meta....what's the difference between leveling a new character, if it's so quick and easy, and just...changing your main's Class? People already constantly chase the meta, and it would be a simple matter to make it so you can only do a Class change once every X number of days/weeks/months/whatever.

It's totally fine if people wouldn't use it or have no need for it. I'm one of them, I don't really have any interest or need to change any of my characters' Classes. But what irritates me is when people parrot "it's easy to level a new character" when that ignores so many things.

It wouldn't be good for the long term health of the game. MMOs need players to repeat content to survive. Allowing class change takes away incentive to repeat content.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Because class change itself is inherently lazy. Account wide achievements already served as a way to bypass the "meta issue". People who want class change don't care about this game, otherwise they'd wouldn't see levelling as a mountainous roadblock.

Making every recipe, motif and what not account bound would devalue and DE incentivize farming etc. Why are people so hell bent on taking out replay ability in this community by suggesting awful ideas.

1-2 Why do they have to be account wide? They're fine as they are.

3 If you haven't got time to invest in a MMO then why are you even bothering. Either put in the grind or don't.

8 The few achievements that aren't account aren't really a big deal, most are like group event bosses which takes minutes to do. Probably done because of how the rewards for those achievements are coded like rewarding skill points etc.

The rest of your points are fairly obvious as to why, ZoS has to keep venue on certain things like mount feeding and bag spacing etc. Yeah it sucks but it is what it is, inventory space shouldn't prevent you from playing any characters anyhow.
    Edited by dinokstrunz on August 8, 2022 1:34AM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    kargen27 wrote: »

It wouldn't be good for the long term health of the game. MMOs need players to repeat content to survive. Allowing class change takes away incentive to repeat content.

...And yet ZOS themselves introduced AwA.
    Making running things over again on alts absolutely pointless. 🤔

🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    JUSTICE FOR APEX CAMELS 🐪✨ Bring 'em back!
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ 🏹 EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🛡️ EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (Tank)
    • 👁️ 🏹 EP - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • 💀 🛡️ EP - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamNecro (Tank)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes:
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @kargen27
    A lot of people playing don't repeat content anyway. I'm on of those people who once it's done on my main, I don't do it on any other characters (unless it's dungeons, I don't really do them on my main since she's set up for crafting, questing, general exploration, and so on). And like someone else said, ZOS introduced AwA, which in itself discourages a lot of content being redone for people. I also don't see how being able to change your Class would be any different from making a new character, since people doing that tend to just do Dolmen trains or Skyreach runs to level rather than doing the content.

@dinosaurier520
    How is it lazy? What's the difference between making a new character and Class changing a current one if leveling a new character is so fast and easy? And I literally said several times that people who want Class change DO NOT CARE about leveling a new character. Literally not a single person I've seen want this has ever said leveling is hard or they don't like it, and in fact many have said that's the last thing on their minds. Why do people always assume those who want Class change find leveling hard or don't want to do it?

How does it take away replay ability? And why do you or anyone else care if other people are repeating content? As was already said, ZOS has taken a lot of incentive for that away themselves with AwA, and a lot of people don't bother to repeat content on new characters. You are more than free to repeat content on your new characters regardless of whether other people do or not.

1-2 I never said they had to be account wide and I don't know why you think I did. I was pointing out that they're character-bound.

3 Are you really saying that if a person doesn't have hours and hours to dedicate to a single game every day that they shouldn't play it? People have jobs, school, family, and other irl obligations that might limit their play time to a few hours a week. Let's not claim that just because a game is an MMO that a person needs to spend hours "grinding" every day while playing. A lot of people don't want to spend the limited amount of time they might have grinding arbitrary things for new character.

8) The fact remains that there are achievements that are still character-bound, and while they might not seem important to you, the uproar with AwA when it was announced made it clear a lot of people do care about their achievements.

You said the rest of my points are clear as to why, but only addressed the Mount and inventory ones. What about a person already having a fun roster? They literally can't make a new character if they're 18/18, and yes, I've seen people say they play all their characters, so "well just delete one" isn't an option.

At the end of the day I think people might care a bit too much about what other people are doing. Class change wouldn't hurt as much as people fear, especially since like I said, it can be limited to once every so often. Iirc Alliance Change is limited, right? And people thought introducing that would cause a lot of problems with people campaign switching and all, but the limit prevents that. A lot of people don't repeat content on new characters, and a lot of people don't buy the Skill Lines or Skyshards on new characters. And yes, a decent number of people probably do, but ZOS also has a lot of other things to spend money on than those things. Less people buying them isn't going to harm revenue all that much when most of ZOS' income likely comes from subs, Crown crates, Merchants/Bankers, and whatever FOMO House is currently available.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    here is the previous topic on this

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/525676/it-is-time-for-class-change-token#latest

in it you will find the same exact convo as this topic is getting

"i would love to be able to change a characters class"

"i have spent $ or a significant amount of time on an alt and that's what you should do to"

"no i won't make an alt for it, i don't have time to redo everything i have done." or "this would be an optional item and it wouldn't take away anything from anyone being to able to make or continue playing on an alt, so why is it bad for it to be option for those who would want it"

and so on and so forth

i honestly can't decide if i'm more disappointed in the fact there still isn't a way to change classes or the arguments that get made against being able to
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

I think you forgot skyshards, which is also a pain to collect over and over and over on characters.
    With AwA creating alts just got more pointless, replaying zones is less fun and the hard work which some people did dedicate hours,days or months into earning titles on different characters is nullified.
    If they decided to remove the replayabilitie of things which needed some skill (in case of trifecta titles),time and dedication (in case of titles like Master angler) or simply RP titles like assassine,Master thief,etc) which actually made people spend time in the game, why should they only leave the tedious grind of making new alts to be able to play a different class as only replayability in the game?

I am in the same boat as you, I do not understand the naysayers, as it would be something optional which wouldn't hurt anyones gameplay.
    AwA wasn't optional, but a class change token would be.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.