Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What is the benefit of doing pledges?

• Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SilverBride you don't have to give up any 5 piece sets to run a monster set, now if you just don't want to spend transmutes to reconstruct that's a perfectly valid position but I do think the moster sets would help with a lot of content and really enhance any build.

If 2 of the pieces of a 5 piece set are the helm and shoulder and I replace them with a monster set, then I would have to find 2 different pieces to bring the set back up to 5 pieces. This means I have to figure out what I could replace without breaking my other 5 piece set. That's easier said than done.

@SilverBride I'm not sure what build/sets you are running but remember two handed weapons like a staff/great sword, hammer are 2 pieces of a set, or main hand/off hand are one each too so there is flexibility to run a monster set and keep two 5 piece sets too. For example one of my setups is Spell Power Cure, Worm's raiment, and symphony of blades monster set. I have chest, hands, legs, boots, belt as Worm's Raiment, then I have two rings, a necklace, and both staffs (so it's active on both bars but some sets can be back barred only) as Spell Power Cure and my head and shoulder as symphony of blades.

If your comment about finding replacement items for head shoulder means you don't have them they're typically easy to get by running a few dungeons, or craftable over land depending on the set. You also might already have them in your stickerbook and can simply reconstruct them for transmutes at a station. I'm only belaboring the point because monster sets do have some really nice buffs (not all of them spawn a creature many give combat buffs like Slimecraw giving you minor berserk) that help out with all sorts of content. I understand if your sets are trial sets then it becomes a bit more of a chore to replace items if you don't have them already.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ragnarok0130

I am pretty casual and do not do trials or have any trial sets. I do use weapons as 2 pieces of my sets. I just hate trying to balance it all, especially to add something that may not even benefit me all that much for the way I play.

Also, I find it strange that they make monster head an shoulder pieces that basically render the set head and shoulders useless. Why even have set head and shoulders if everyone is expected to replace them with monster sets?
    Edited by SilverBride on August 6, 2022 6:13PM
    PCNA
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Ragnarok0130

I am pretty casual and do not do trials or have any trial sets. I do use weapons as 2 pieces of my sets. I just hate trying to balance it all, especially to add something that may not even benefit me all that much for the way I play.

Also, I find it strange that they make monster head an shoulder pieces that basically render the set head and shoulders useless. Why even have set head and shoulders if everyone is expected to replace them with monster sets?

@SilverBride my guess is because Monster sets are locked behind veteran dungeon clears there is a need for head and shoulders for players who are leveling to be armored on those areas, or haven't been able to get the clear in veteran dungeons yet to gear. Throw in that you can only use one mythic at a time and some mythics are body pieces such as shoulder, legs, feet, etc while others are jewelry such as rings (oakensoul, pale order etc), or a necklace (pearls) and you may have to use a non-monster shoulder or head piece to maintain your 5 piece bonus. I feel you on balancing it, before I really got into creating sets to run dungeons and raid it seemed rather daunting.