Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Occult overload / plaguebreak / Vicious death

• kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But yea, ball grouper here, I'm in favor of making that shlt not proc on guards.
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Getting killed from plaguebreak and occult overload from guards is really stupid. Defenders could hide behind their guards, now attackers are hiding behind the guards. Getting killed by plaguebreak at least requires a group of guards, that the enemy has to pull together before killing them while beeing attacked. After a a few death you learn to avoid this. occult overload however needs only 2 dead guards to kill you. I am fighting enemy Zerglings in the courtyard of a castle and get killed by 25600 oblivion dmg from 2 guards i didnt even noticed i was standing beneath.
    Problem with bombing is that it doesnt punish you for outnumbering. It only punishes you for zerging with players that die and not excluding squishy, inexperienced and bad players(=the ones that have to zerg because they are too bad to play solo)) and for not using group buffs and cross heals that keep
    alive even the most stupid members of your group.
    And Zergs that often zerg also get used to getting bombed and will prepare for it while players rarely playing in zerg do not. big and regulary zergs often have flare, daedric mines, fear traps, volcanic rune and other stun traps that stun bombers on the ground and look-outs with detection skills looking for bombers.
    Problem is that you have to kill a player to activate vicious death, plaguebreak and occult overload and it isnt easy to kill a tanky enemy player with 32k hp that gets healed by 20 rapid regens and echoing vigors while you get attacked by 40 enemy players. You need a strong group to do this yourself. You can only kill members of enemy groups if the group is not too much stronger than you. If a member of your group dies it usually means he was bad or the enemy group isnt much weaker than you, probably stronger than you.
    But werent these tools created to help outnumbered players fight Zergs?
    You shouldnt get punished for zerging if your group is fighting equal size/strenght or bigger enemy groups. You should get punished if your group attacks and chases smaller groups or solo players or takes keeps without resistance.
    (post was written a few month ago but forgot to send)
    Lynxyn wrote: »
    Dear ZOS, please review these procs.

I’m sure there’s going to be a lot of “hurr durr if these bother you then you’re a zergling”

No, 2 of these things proc on GUARDS.

Playing solo = No chance whatsoever against ball groups stacking.

Playing with even one other person or anywhere near NPCs = You are at a huge risk of taking 12800 oblivion damage from a single slottable CP (which everyone has on now) + VD/PB.

This is doing -nothing- to bust open ball groups / zergs. All it achieves is another tool for organised ball groups to decimate small group play / solo players who get too close to NPCs

Back in the day it was a viable tactic to use guards as line of sight if you were defending a keep and severely outnumbered… Now if you do that, you just get nuked by occult overload / Plaguebreak from NPCs who get in the way.
    We have a situation where it’s more viable to wait for an enemy Zerg to wipe out your defenders and THEN try to fight back. And on the flip side, when attacking, it’s more effective to just dark convergence a load of guards towards enemy players and get a few occult overload / plaguebreak procs on the guards to kill enemy players, rather than even targeting the players…

Occult overload was in a good place at 4000 damage last patch. Why triple it??

Every.Single.Player. In the midyear event is a copy paste bomber build and almost every group fight ends with one side instantly blowing up to one or more of these proc sets.

My suggested solution ;

Please stop plaguebreak and occult overload from proccing on guards, and reduce occult overload back to its previous form. It’s genuinely the most broken OP slottable CP in the game.

How the *** is anyone meant to kill people who are stacking 40k health with full impen and 33k resists without these procs being overtuned? Zos can nerf the ever living *** out of these when they fix the fact that everyone and their mother has like 2 tank sets on and can still damage, heal or whatever else basically unimpeded. Magblade has one single thing going for it and it can be completely negated by some kid spamming mage light, chugging detect pots and using the CP that's in fitness or the rp tree (can't remember which one) that increases your stealth detection radius.

kadar wrote: »
    But yea, ball grouper here, I'm in favor of making that shlt not proc on guards.
    That would be an improvement, but funny when it comes from a ballgroup player because plaguebreak/occult overload from guards is a one of few ballgroup counters not requiring an organized group yourself.
    Edited by Iriidius on March 11, 2023 6:42PM
  • thesarahandcompany
    thesarahandcompany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't need to bomb through resto stacking, healing etc., if DOT builds were not so trash in PVP and actually ate through healing.
    Sarahandcompany
    She/Her/Hers
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you noticed in PvP, people mainly die to one shots. Ganking, sniping, ball groups bombing, other than corrosive dks. Who else kills people properly. It's the elder one shot and healing online
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know about anyone else but I am so sick of the bomb meta right now. VD is fine, it should remain untouched though. The other two are 98% of everyone's death recaps.

I'm with you. Got killed by a 12k occult overload because an aimless button smasher killed an NPC next to me.

Or just load up a 1-bar PVE heavy attack build and drop a 50K or higher hit on players just from targeting an NPC near them. :D At least my Necro still has a semi-viable build. lol.

• blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    won't make a difference with the residual hots and crosshealing.

Besides I see very few people in Cyro CP now who are under 35K and many who are 40+ and their mitigation and shields are crazy
    PCNA
    PCEU