The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Do you think it is impossible to adjust Boss HP, HoTs/DoTs and all class unique skills in 2 weeks?

Greeed2025
Greeed2025
✭✭✭
Only 2 weeks of pts left and still so many questions and issues are yet to be resolved. So many new introduced changes because of community feedback and more adjustmens are on the way according to the combat team.
Edited by Greeed2025 on July 31, 2022 9:28PM

Do you think it is impossible to adjust Boss HP, HoTs/DoTs and all class unique skills in 2 weeks? 46 votes

Yes its not possible
82% 38 votes
No its doable
13% 6 votes
Only Boss/adds HP, the rest is fine
4% 2 votes
Only HoTs/DoTs and class unique abilities, rest is finr
0% 0 votes
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As good as, at least. ESO is large and complex, and it's almost guaranteed that things will be overlooked. And even if most will be alright, even small oversights readily result in people having to redo characters. Possibly twice. Or things becoming too hard or too easy to complete.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure they will be adjusted, but I'm guessing it will just be something like a flat 20% off every boss health. There's no way each encounter will be evaluated and tuned separately, that would take hundreds of man-hours.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm concerned that so many of the remaining changes are coming out in the final PTS patch, yes, but not because I'm necessarily concerned that there's not enough time to test the changes that patch has. So far, the PTS testers have worked quickly each week to give ZOS good responses.

My concern is that there's no chance to test what comes next if those final patch changes don't land as ZOS hopes they will.

What happens if a class ability isn't where ZOS wants it? Or if the PTS testers come back saying "10% less Vet boss health isn't enough?"

If that happens, then we're stuck with either the final PTS patches unsatisfactory version going Live, or ZOS is pushing a new version that hasn't been tested on the PTS to the Live game. And either way, we can guess that we'll be dealing with that version until Update 36 when ZOS acts on the feedback they got from testing players.

Unless, of course, the Devs have a plan for how to handle the final patch feedback they haven't shared yet.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 31, 2022 10:12PM
  • Lalothen
    Lalothen
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's really don't think it's possible to adjust them all to the point where players are going to be remotely happy. Frankly, the additional variables being introduced each week are just making U35 a messier endeavour overall. I'd rather see the Live release date pushed back so that more testing can be done, than ZOS stick to the current timeframe and put out something that's simply not ready for the general playerbase to be confronted with.

Let's see what concerns turn out to be adequately addressed on the PTS tomorrow, I guess.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh, it's super possible to do. can they do it well? will it be unbalanced and will things be over looked? absolutely.

but then, they really don't need to adjust everything. I don't think anyone really thinks vFG1 HM needs adjusting.

Craglorn trials mostly don't need touching. I'm more concerned about damage output from vSO HM than I am by how much health the boss has. We might need to do a shield phase again, I can live with that.

vKA however is a different kettle of fish. They need to go over that thing in detail. everything from bulwarks to bitter knight shields to torturer health. That's a finely balanced trial and if things are out of whack then clear rates are going to drop through the floor.

vSS portals will stop a mediocre group. that's an unassisted dps check, it's literally the worst case scenario for their vision of dps after these combat changes.

vHoF assembly general execution phase. that's a hard stop dps check and when we did it "back in the day" we'd stagger nova's for the 30% damage reduction. It's not 30% anymore. There is a minimum group dps you simply have to hit there or it's lights out.

Almost all the recent DLC dungeons need nerfing, especially the HMs.
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finn, the Dungeon lead, mentioned these changes were in the works for U36.

We'll probably get an incomplete, rough draft version of those changes, that likely overtune or undertune a lot of things.

It's very unlikely they'll hit the sweetspot, considering the combat team still hasn't finished their work. ZOS is trying to build the walls before they finish the floor.

We'll see how it goes. I'd expect further tweaks in incremental patches during September-October, or in U36 around November.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly expect at least one major bug that will require a full day server shutdown. It's too little time and too much content to adapt.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Um, what am I missing? Didn't they very specifically state they were NOT touching encounter difficulties until a later patch?
  • JustAGoodPlayer
    JustAGoodPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it depends on team who do it.

If in this game it was not possible for 6 years i play this game - why do you think it is possible to do in 14 days ? )
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, what am I missing? Didn't they very specifically state they were NOT touching encounter difficulties until a later patch?

They are changing vet Boss and bannerman health on the final PTS patch according to https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/613388/upcoming-pts-combat-balance-adjustments