The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Can I get some explanation on a couple things please?

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
Per the notes from the 29th:

"Overall, there will still be a nerf on Light Attack damage, but this will allow us to give a lot more love to Heavy Attacks and will be less stark of a difference."

How exactly does nerfing Light Attack allow "love to Heavy attacks?"
What exactly is "love to Heavy attacks?" If it's increased damage or more resources returned, why not just say that?

@ZOS_GinaBruno thank you.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    Per the notes from the 29th:

"Overall, there will still be a nerf on Light Attack damage, but this will allow us to give a lot more love to Heavy Attacks and will be less stark of a difference."

How exactly does nerfing Light Attack allow "love to Heavy attacks?"
    What exactly is "love to Heavy attacks?" If it's increased damage or more resources returned, why not just say that?

@ZOS_GinaBruno thank you.

Beats me, but they probably gutted Templar jabs so that they could give love to heavy attacks and the difference would be less stark.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you read that whole paragraph, they did explain:

"With all that said, in next week’s PTS patch you’ll find that we will be re-evaluating some of the adjustments to Light and Heavy Attacks so they are a bit less drastic. Light and Heavy Attacks will once again scale with your stats, just to a lesser extent than before. Overall, there will still be a nerf on Light Attack damage, but this will allow us to give a lot more love to Heavy Attacks and will be less stark of a difference."

So light and heavy attacks are getting nerfed from on Live, just not as harshly as they were on earlier PTS patches where they dealt flat damage. We don't know how by much; we'll find out on Monday.

I'll leave it to you to decide if "Heavy attacks will once again scale with your stats, just to a lesser extent" counts as giving a lot more love or not.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 31, 2022 1:21PM
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @VaranisArano ....your tea leaf reading skill is boss :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    Thank you @VaranisArano ....your tea leaf reading skill is boss :)

Heh. My Mag Sorc is a bog-standard one bar, pet-based, heavy attack build. Believe me, she's on tenterhooks waiting to find out if she actually gets love or if she's doomed to watch me play with my other characters.
  • sbr32
    sbr32
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you read that whole paragraph, they did explain:

"With all that said, in next week’s PTS patch you’ll find that we will be re-evaluating some of the adjustments to Light and Heavy Attacks so they are a bit less drastic. Light and Heavy Attacks will once again scale with your stats, just to a lesser extent than before. Overall, there will still be a nerf on Light Attack damage, but this will allow us to give a lot more love to Heavy Attacks and will be less stark of a difference."

So light and heavy attacks are getting nerfed from on Live, just not as harshly as they were on earlier PTS patches where they dealt flat damage. We don't know how by much; we'll find out on Monday.

I'll leave it to you to decide if "Heavy attacks will once again scale with your stats, just to a lesser extent" counts as giving a lot more love or not.

You may be right, but the way I read it sounds like there is some kind of innate connection between the two, that they can't change one without affecting the other. Which seems weird.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a concern that the “love for heavy attacks” will preserve the 30k heavy attack build plaguing PvP. We’ll need to see what they actually do in the upcoming patch notes, but this build is fundamentally broken and really needs to not exist.