The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will I ever get to play that game I paid for?

Vahmpyr
Vahmpyr
Soul Shriven
I bought the game a month ago set up my account, logged into the game and everything was good. I didn't make a character yet as I didn't have time to play. Now that I want to play, when I log in it says my computer is unauthorized and I need an access code, however I never received one. I submitted a ticked and was told to turn off firewall, add the email as a contact, check spam, etc. I did all of the things and no code. So then it was suggest I change my email address to a different one. I tried that but unfortunately I need an access code and I have yet to receive any access codes. I was told my next step is to submit another ticket and upon submitting another ticket, I get the same response, turn off firewall, add email to contacts. I have no firewall, email is in my contacts, its been almost a week I'm still waiting for an access code. Will I ever get to play the game I paid for?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 2, 2022 1:54PM
  • Vahmpyr
    Vahmpyr
    Soul Shriven
    *EDIT: Almost a week and finally the issue was resolved.
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same Problem about 2-3 weeks ago. I just restarted the game a couple of times and it worked. At some point you have to enter the code though but until then, this could be a work around.
    I received the email a week after I was asked to enter the code btw.

Oh, and there should be a button that says "sent another code" right beneath the timer I guess
    TherealHämähäkki
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so how this works saying your PC is unauthorized is basically the same way Windows is or was. If you change a main part of your P.C. such as your CPU or hard drive or motherboard...etc. When you log in to ESO you will get that popup.

For e.g. I update the BIOS on my mainboard when a update is available and when logging into ESO I get that popup every time.

It's supposed to be simple though and you just check your email associated with your ESO account and the code should be there in a moment or two.

There is a small file in the ESO directory on your PC that logs this pertinent information and is checked for changes when you log in to ESO. I do not remember what the file is otherwise I would post it. If you delete the file and log in to ESO you will not get the popup and the new file will have all the info stored in it for your current PC system.

If you don't get the email from ZOS for some reason with the access code then you definitely have an email issue that needs to be resolved since everything account wise is attached to that email account.

There is another work around which I would do only as a last resort. Uninstall ESO and then manually delete the folders it used. If you get them all you will get the file too and when you install ESO it will install a file with the current information so no changes detected and you can log in. At least that has worked for me in the past.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We appreciate the OP updating the thread to let us know the issue is resolved. We will now go ahead and close this discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.